Help finding power supply! :(

Hello all. I recently purchased this case : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811815005

B
    ut there is a problem... My old power supply is about 1 inch to big. It's pretty ancient, probably 6 years old... Could someone help me find the cheapest power supply that could fit in my case? Thanks in advance.

PSU is not something you want to save money on.. unless you have some old random system.

Any atx power supply should fit

Deleted
    Care to mention your system specs? We need to know what this "cheap power supply" is supposed to power before recommending anything.

If I want to recommend you the cheapest possible PSU, I want to know what I'm recommending it to, before I can do so with good conscience.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-027-_-Product should be pretty solid, with what you Americans call Mail in Rebate. (no clue what it actually is)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Yeah. I honestly wouldn't go with anything other than Corsair especially with prices so good at the low end, while simultaneously appealing to the extreme market with the professional series. Stability and quality is second to none, and the mere fact this AX1200 takes everything i throw at it while remaining near silent and cool is just awesome. The amperage alone is outstanding for a single rail and modular cables just finish the package off. I have no doubt the lower end ones would be even quieter while retaining the same level of quality.

Also, Mail in rebate simply means they send in details of their purchase and get some of the money back... least i think that's how it works.
    because corsair totally make their own products right? and anything apart from corsair sucks even though it is the same psu with a different sticker?

with m.i.r. you usually dont actually get money back but more like a 10$ gift card after hours of terror and pain getting it done.

go with any of those: http://www.overclock.net/power-suppl...-supplies.html depending on your budget and preference(make sure its an ATX psu though)

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I never said Corsair made their own PSU's. I don't recall exactly, but i think it's PPC that make them for Corsair. I also didn't say that anything other than Corsair sucks, just that i wouldn't recommend anything else personally, simply because i don't have experience with many other brands (Hiper and Akasa are my previous PSU's, both which provided adequate supply for the systems they were in at the time but wouldn't recommend them by todays standards).

Please don't come in here with a high and mighty attitude looking for arguements that aren't there because you'll quite simply get shot down by the regulars here.
    Thinking aloud here, and not an attack in any way (I tend to sound hostile when this tired): CWT and Seasonic makes the majority (all nowadays?) of the PSUs rebranded by Corsair.
    I can recommend the Seasonic ones. Seeing as the HX1000 was made by CWT, I'd be wary about the CWT-PSUs from Corsair in general.
    Seasonic I would recommend in a heartbeat, though. They make the AX750 and the AX850, the two best PSUs that Corsair has in their lineup, afaik. (The AX1200w is good as well, just not as, and made by someone else)
    The Seasonic X-series, however. /lust.

Current system specs :

Video : 1 x HIS H467QR1GH Radeon HD 4670 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Processor : 1 x Intel Celeron E3400 Wolfdale 2.6GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor BX80571E3400

MB : 1 x ASRock G31M-S R2.0 LGA 775 Intel G31 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

2 x 2gb ddr2 ram

Atx I think is what I'll get for the psu

---------- Post added 2011-07-11 at 01:43 AM ----------

Would this be ideal?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817822008

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

Quote Originally Posted by Samurou View Post
    I'm sorry, I can't recommend that PSU. :|

---------- Post added 2011-07-11 at 03:52 AM ----------

Good choice.
    Either that or http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817815007 , I'd say.

EDIT: Placing the "Good choice" to comment the one I thought was a good choice before linking my own suggested PSU (or additionally suggested, rather) rather than after make me seem a lot less full of myself. :P
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2011-07-11 at 02:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go with a Corsair, seasonic, or antec. You don't want to go cheap on your PSU. If it blows, your computer goes with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

Go with corsair, I built a new PC not long ago and cheaped out on the PSU, thankfully the $69.99 PSU didnt damage the computer when it decided to go, 2 months into its life. Got a corsair, been running it for 6 months, no problems so far.

15+ Year Old Account
    Been using the same Antec Earthwatts for 6 years without a problem.

I haven't had a power supply failure with any of the Antecs I've used yet - I'm glad I took the advice from a friend to get one. In the meantime, I've found they're still highly rated.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines