Internet Ethernet cable problem (PLEASE HELP)

Hey mmo,
    well, currently i use my computer upstairs, wirelessly connecting to my net, the router is downstairs, the signal has been fine untill the past 2 weeks, i have been getting really low signal like 1-2 bars, and nothing will load for me i cant even get on wow before i instantly dc.
    I tried using an ethernet cable from my router all the way up to my pc (its a long cable) , and i wanted to be connected via ethernet.

When i plug in my ethernet cable , i go to my internet and sharing options and the connection comes up and sais identifying then instantly dissapears then like 10 seconds later it comes back again, and it repeats. If anyone here knows alot about this can you please help me fix this! i also dont want to waste money by taking it to a computer store.

I have tried turning off my router for like 2 mins then restarting and all that jazz,

Any help is appreciated, thanks

No reason the signal strength should have changed unless your computer or the router was moved. Not really enough information in your post to be able to help, maybe your cable is bad? I would try uninstalling and re installing your wifi card's drivers, assuming your running the latest drivers to begin with.

Try updating the drivers for your NIC. Failing that, make sure the cable isn't a crossover cable and that the heads are secure on the cable itself (that means not loose, no wires hanging out, no un-protected wires, etc). I'm 99% sure it's the NIC's drivers, though.

aha sorry but what is NIC? network something card? and how do i update it?

Network Interface Controller. You really could have googled that.

please help, i cant find the right drivers and stuff and my whole network speed has gotten slower, i cannot login wow without getting dced and i get dced from steam every 5 mins,
    im sorry for being noob

I had a weird situation where I had to remove my Wireless Card from my PCI slot because when I connected via ethernet my wireless would still try to connect to the router and it would cause all sorts of hell. So what I would advise you to do is update your drivers first and foremost. If you don't know how to do that then ask someone, parent, friend, co-worker, anything. If that doesn't work, then you may have to take the more extreme route of removing your Wireless Adapter/Card from your PCI slot (inside the computer) or if you happen to have a USB one, then remove that.

Again UPDATE YOUR DRIVES FIRST AND FOREMOST, if that doesn't work do option 2. Don't go trying to do something you don't know how to because you might end up screwing up your computer. If neither of those things work... make sure you're the only one on the network, no one else is downloading anything, no one is hijacking your connection (neighbor or something), and make sure your ethernet cable isn't fucked up or anything. If NOTHING else works call your ISP and get them to send someone to your house and see if they can do anything.

Sorry if this is just a giant wall of text.. it's 6 in the morning and I haven't gone to bed yet.. Insomnia is quite entertaining.

TL;DR: UPDATE YOUR DAMN DRIVERS and go from there... I really wouldn't advise removing your wireless card unless you really know what you're doing as that may not be the problem and it could break your wireless card outright.

thanks man, you have been a big help, i will try to update my drivers, im getting a friend to help guide me through it , i will keep you guys updated, thanks for the help!