Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Yeah. As a Shadow Priest, providing I get to 25 stacks ASAP, and retain them during Tornado phase, I average out at about 50k DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

fire mage > spriest > moonkin > rogue

10+ Year Old Account
    Done 54k as SP on our first kill and ~61k on our second kill.
    Still feeling akward with casting while moving in the air and i'll probably pass the flying role to our warlock since i don't enjoy it at all plus the ring bug that make me go nerd rage.

Judging by the logs everyone can do the job so just choose the one who can stack the buffs better/faster than looking at his class/spec

I have a question. Has anyone tried this as a DK?

I managed 38k http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMl2z79wprk on our first kill, and got 43k on our second kill as a Feral. A bit annoying, but fun to be up in the air

Deleted
    As a shadow priest i did 56k dps on our first kill and 62k on the other one, i have average 359 gears. then our main shadow priest did 69k with bis hc t11 gears

Fire is definetly one of the best. I pulled 55k on my 365 fire mage. Furthermore, I wouldn't suggest arcane due to haste capping fairly quickly.
    "Do you have a PUT HANDS ON PEOPLE spec?" - Danny

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gricko View Post
    I have a question. Has anyone tried this as a DK?
    We have our frost DK do it, just because he wanted to do it (we're not a very progression minded guild tho)

Deleted
    most classes are capable of 30-60k dps while stacking buffs right.

for real maximum damage you should send classes up which scale with haste superior good. hard casters may be a idea, but their casts are just blocked by global cd of one sec. imho dot classes like affliction wl and shadow priest are much better

our heroic kill with shadow / affli wl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBncHXANuBA // http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=193587 (our shadow got dropped one phase and couldn't get up again - not a fail on his side, but the feathers simply crashed :P )

in good tries the shadow was able to compete with the tanks, so 70-100k dps was possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sligboy View Post
    Arcanes suck time up there, they're haste capped to quickly, it'd keep the rogue down so they can ToT me (war tank) which give me a nice dps boost.
    Fire mage are really awsome, SP as well.

In normal mode, almost all class can do the job if they don't fall down.
    In normal mode you can completly ignore the flying part of the encounter.

Our mage switched from arcane to fire and gained about 15k dps. They both (moonkin also) finished on roughly 40-45k and we managed fine. The dot classes do a lot better since they're not really any good on the ground anyway (lack of interrupts/burst dps on adds).

Deleted
    I'm playing a ret paladin and managed to do around 38k dps. At first we wanted our shadow to fly but he failed really hard and died almost every try :P
    I can't post links atm but u can find me currently at rank 13 in the ret ranking
    Last edited by mmoc2684f66eb4; 2011-07-11 at 12:38 PM.

How many people should go up in a 10man group? 1 or 2? I guess it depends on how your ground DPS is doing?

We haven't attempted this boss yet but I was thinking of sending myself (fire mage in arcane reforged gear) and a shadow priest, leaving a rogue, retri paladin and hunter downstairs.

Deleted
    Normally I'm an arcane mage, for this fight however I go fire, and pull ~65k DPS or so. Or well, on our first kill I ended at about 65k. Our second only about 50k.

Fire Mage Combustion is broken good on this fight.

The only reason mages do this fight as Arcane is because they dont yet realise how good Fire is at it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobolin View Post
    i did it in fire with full mastery reforged,
    same, pulled about 70k

recorded a 138k ignite tic on recount one attempt too

Quote Originally Posted by evoker View Post
    How many people should go up in a 10man group? 1 or 2? I guess it depends on how your ground DPS is doing?

We haven't attempted this boss yet but I was thinking of sending myself (fire mage in arcane reforged gear) and a shadow priest, leaving a rogue, retri paladin and hunter downstairs.
    You should really do it with 2. The fight just lasts too long with just one (well over 10 mins) and gives less room for error because you'll have to do each phase 3/4 times rather than twice. The only reason to have 1 go up is if the hatchlings aren't dead before the phase transition, and this shouldn't happen if dps is good on the initiates and the tanks are using hard hitting abilities. The initiates are on a timer so between the spawns make sure your dps are dotting up/throwing a few hits onto the hatchlings to get them down quicker. When the hunter helps me kill my add I tend to have a bit of time afterwards to grab a feather and throw a few LBs onto the adds. We had myself on one side (ele shaman) interrupting, a feral druid on the other side and our MM hunter swapped around depending on which initiate was still alive. Have your ground team do a similar thing and you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena View Post
    You should really do it with 2. The fight just lasts too long with just one (well over 10 mins) and gives less room for error because you'll have to do each phase 3/4 times rather than twice. The only reason to have 1 go up is if the hatchlings aren't dead before the phase transition, and this shouldn't happen if dps is good on the initiates and the tanks are using hard hitting abilities. The initiates are on a timer so between the spawns make sure your dps are dotting up/throwing a few hits onto the hatchlings to get them down quicker. When the hunter helps me kill my add I tend to have a bit of time afterwards to grab a feather and throw a few LBs onto the adds. We had myself on one side (ele shaman) interrupting, a feral druid on the other side and our MM hunter swapped around depending on which initiate was still alive. Have your ground team do a similar thing and you should be fine.
    Thanks! That's how I imagined it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena View Post
    The only reason to have 1 go up is if the hatchlings aren't dead before the phase transition, and this shouldn't happen if dps is good on the initiates and the tanks are using hard hitting abilities.
    It would still be better to keep 2 in the air, get them to 25 buffs and let them come down around 15-20 sec before the tornado phase. Both buffs last 40 sec, so this leaves them a 20 sec puffer to at least get one circle in the tornado phase.