Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I actually woke up about 3 hours after going to bed this morning and it was getting very windy outside. Also weird creepy noises of wind trying to push its way through my fire escape windows. =S I'd never heard that sound before so I woke up and was like OH SHIT IS MY COMPUTER!?!?!?! Nah computer was fine, but we had this massive storm that was rolling in and it was actually managing to make the house lights flicker and my dad thought we were going to lose power, so I had to shut the computer down out of being a bright young lad. :P (Our power like never goes off, all the power stuff is underground! ) But yeah, power never went off, but I had to be sure. =/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I like to save energy, so I switch mine off when I'm not using it...
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    sleep mode ftw
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    I like to save energy, so I switch mine off when I'm not using it...
    This, unless I'm downloading.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    sleep mode ftw
    I have LLC enabled, so that would bluescreen me. I also don't see the point, since it's about the same time to log in from sleepmode as it is starting up.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    (Our power like never goes off, all the power stuff is underground! )
    It can still go out.
    Basically all last spring every time it'd rain my power would go out because an underground wire wasn't completely insulated and would short out when the ground was wet. Was kind of funny listening to the power crews work on the transformer/distribution hub/switch thing at the bottom of the hill... they'd work for ~15 minutes then you'd see the power go back on... followed by a BZZZZZZZT*pop* about 15 seconds later
    (we turned everything off on the breaker panel, so we weren't worried about electronics being killed by surges or on/off cycles)

I *would* put my computer into hibernate mode when I'm not at it, but it can't recover from sleep... either BSOD's or just doesn't respond and has to be hard rebooted with the power switch (I've read before that's a "feature" of having a P8P67 Pro and an overclocked processor) So it's either on (screen shuts off after 15 minutes) or off.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    I have LLC enabled, so that would bluescreen me. I also don't see the point, since it's about the same time to log in from sleepmode as it is starting up.
    When my pc is in sleep mode and I hit a key on my keyboard, I'm back into windows in <5 seconds. It takes longer than that from restart easily.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    I *would* put my computer into hibernate mode when I'm not at it, but it can't recover from sleep... either BSOD's or just doesn't respond and has to be hard rebooted with the power switch (I've read before that's a "feature" of having a P8P67 Pro and an overclocked processor) So it's either on (screen shuts off after 15 minutes) or off.
    BSOD happens to me if I hibernate with LLC enabled. I've also deleted the hibernation-function, since :x

---------- Post added 2011-07-11 at 11:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    When my pc is in sleep mode and I hit a key on my keyboard, I'm back into windows in <5 seconds. It takes longer than that from restart easily.
    It takes my laptop ~6 seconds to bootup from pressing the button to the mouse-cursor stops "spinning".
    Half of that time is waiting for the BIOS to appear. :P
    &nbsp;

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. I pretty much got rid of sleep and hibernate from the get-go.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    It takes my laptop ~6 seconds to bootup from pressing the button to the mouse-cursor stops "spinning".
    Half of that time is waiting for the BIOS to appear. :P
    When I wake my netbook, I'm presented with a password entry near instantly...
    red panda red panda red panda!

Deleted
    My pc has been been on for weeks at some point (not now derp). And my external harddrive has been running for 2 years nonstop now (never pull it out )...I'm kinda wondering how long it will be working since it has fallen often enough on the ground while plugged it and it has no downtime.

Anyone else who had a hardrive that ran this long? (it's a 500gb one I payed 70 euros for back in the day..)

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    When I wake my netbook, I'm presented with a password entry near instantly...
    That slow, hm? I don't use passwords.
    &nbsp;

Some pretty cool guys here, leaving your computer on all day erry day. Can't wait 2-3 minutes when you get up or what?

Nope, I need my PC NAO!
    In all seriousness, I get my cereal while my PC is booting up, so I can read stuff on the internet/watch Youtube while eating

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    "Thread: My computer has been on for quite awhile...."

You call that uptime?

My laptop would have beat that if my cat didn't accidently step on the power button a couple of days ago. Sitting on 3 days uptime so far..

Deleted
    im up at 16 days atm but i think my record is around 4 months XD tho ofc my grafic card blew then hehe XD

Deleted
    am I the only one in this thread with the apparently bad habit of turning electronics off when I no longer am using them?

This is like a record for me. I don't usually leavy my computer on a lot. I prefer turning it off. Not that the sound-difference is that big.

And also, who says you only need 4GiB of RAM? oO'
    This is with only one game up (would be 3.40GiB without it), and normal background programs running.
    &nbsp;

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    This is with only one game up (would be 3.40GiB without it), and normal background programs running.
    Define "normal" o_O
    I'm at 1.84GB used right now ~20 minutes after rebooting, with Firefox and iTunes open with MSE running a scan. Highest I've ever seen is 4.15GB while playing Crysis 2 w/Hi-Res+DX11 patches + Fraps + iTunes (open but not playing) + Firefox

average I guess...but

root # uptime
    5:24pm up 221 day(s), 4:14, 5 users, load average: 0.04, 0.08, 0.09

Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    Define "normal" o_O
    I'm at 1.84GB used right now ~20 minutes after rebooting, with Firefox and iTunes open with MSE running a scan. Highest I've ever seen is 4.15GB while playing Crysis 2 w/Hi-Res+DX11 patches + Fraps + iTunes (open but not playing) + Firefox
    That was with Crysis 2 on loadingscreen. I was just about to start playing while I thought fudge it, let's post anyway. After I terminated the exe just to check how much memory, it was down to 3.40 though.
    Normal programs would be chrome (memoryhog), MSN messenger, Coretemp, windows calc, spotify, ASUS smartdoc, CCC, steam (yes, I jumped the bandwagon!), MSI Afterburner (to track temp-history on the GPU), MSI OnScreenDisplay (to provide FPS-number), RainMeter, Realtek, the various Logitech, the Xbox-controller exe.

About it, I think.
    &nbsp;