Poll: Are you going to see the final harry potter flick?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cannot wait. Grew up with HP as a massive part of my life - In fact it was the only book I read outside of school. Now I am 21 and it seems fitting that this will come to an end.

And also I cannot wait to see how smoking hot Ginny will be.

NYAAAAAAAAH

Awesome trailer.

Deleted
    Part 1 sucked, for a HP movie there sure know how to make you sleepy.

I'm excited for part 2 as well. The only thing I can't stand about Harry Potter, is that the lore was created by a woman for children. The way the story plays out wouldn't even be close to accurate if it were adapted to be more like real life. People would be using their 1 word curses to murder people left and right, and the amount of lorelol in the series is ridiculous. The amount of potions and spells and curses that are available in the universe that are used at the wrong times, or could have been used to completely bypass an entire book is ridiculous.

to be honest i think the reason why most of the movies were rushed was because of there age they dont want the cast to be 21 while in the book they are only 17-18 but that is only my opinion maybe i am wrong

Deleted
    That. Is epic! Cant wait to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard147 View Post
    I'm excited for part 2 as well. The only thing I can't stand about Harry Potter, is that the lore was created by a woman for children. The way the story plays out wouldn't even be close to accurate if it were adapted to be more like real life. People would be using their 1 word curses to murder people left and right, and the amount of lorelol in the series is ridiculous. The amount of potions and spells and curses that are available in the universe that are used at the wrong times, or could have been used to completely bypass an entire book is ridiculous.
    kinda what i thought the entire time reading/watching death note. they try so hard to figure out clever ways to avoid suspicion and kill people through the notebook when a bullet to the head would suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Notix View Post
    NYAAAAAAAAH

Awesome trailer.
    That's become a cult meme now.

My class got nerfed?

NNNYYYEEEEAAH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    This thread is making me giggle in places I never knew I can giggle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    Not half bad but I guess I just kinda "grew up" when it comes to HP :<. I am 20 now, I was barely 10 when he 1st book came out (I think) and back then that was something.
    I don't get it why people think they "grow up" when it comes to Harry Potter. You didn't grow up, you caved in with your enviroment and you lost a part of who you are.

P.S

Many, many much older people than you read and love Harry Potter.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    I don't get it why people think they "grow up" when it comes to Harry Potter. You didn't grow up, you caved in with your enviroment and you lost a part of who you are.

P.S

Many, many much older people than you read and love Harry Potter.
    Do I find myself agreeing with Howdy? I do? I do?! I guess there are exceptions to prove the point afterall.

Anyhow, I'm half-waiting for this movie. For me the HP movies lost their magic after the first two due to huge scenery change, Dumbledore change (I totally loved the actor in first two, may he rest in peace), the change of pace, so to say. The third movie was still alright but fourth skipped way too much for my liking, they should've made it longer or cut it into two parts.

Fifth was the same as fourth. In fifth it felt the thing was a bit out of touch and the director took a bit too much freedom to change the events for his liking. (Such as dealing with the revelation of DA)

Sixth was abomination in my eyes, cutting shit-tons of stuff AND then adding scenes that never existed in the book (Bombing down Weasley's home, wtf?) not to mention that the name of the movie, Prince or rather the book, was almoust a two short scene wonder and was sushed into backround along with Harry's suspicions which in book played big part.

Seventh movie started off in a very horrible way for me, I'd have loved to see the tension and the final goodbyes, where the aunt was about to say something but finally left in silence, and Dudley thanking Harry for saving his life. After that point, I managed to enjoy the movie more than any since the second, thanks to the decision to cut it into two bits and actually staying quite true to the book.

I'll have to make a complaint about some of the effects though. Magic being one of them, which was in my opinion represented in first movies in very nice colourful way, while in rest of them suffered a lot of invisible "slashes" with glowy tip of the wand. And the movement of the death eaters. Black clouds flying around wtf? Only Voldemort had mastered flight without a broom, and even that in the last book.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Most of skipping was a necessary evil. They cant include everything in 2-2,5 hours, whether you like it or not. And 4th to 7th books are twice as long as 1st or 2nd, so obviously they had to cut more and more with every movie.
    6th movie focused on just a few things and because of that didnt feel rushed, overstuffed and it didnt feel like it skipped anything. Theres no way they could have included everything without sacrificing quality of movie. I understand, its a shame that we cant see every little magic thing, every character, every little event from the book, but once again - its a necessary evil. I agree, though, that some of stuff they skipped and/or changed (in all pottermovies) could have been done (much) better.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHunt View Post
    Most of skipping was a necessary evil. They cant include everything in 2-2,5 hours, whether you like it or not. And 4th to 7th books are twice as long as 1st or 2nd, so obviously they had to cut more and more with every movie.
    I would agree to that if not for two reasons which I will put here:

1st. They added events that never happened in the books
    2nd. They split last book into two movies, they could've done that with every movie that went past the time required. AND EVEN GOT MONEY FOR IT DUE TO ALL THE RAGING FANS!

First is my major grudge, second is secondary but still suiting.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to love HP but a few years ago I lost it's interest and didn't watch 4-6th movies. Did go to the cinema to watch the 7th part 1 with my girlfriend and I think it was okay. don't know if i'll go watch the second part though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I would agree to that if not for two reasons which I will put here:

1st. They added events that never happened in the books
    2nd. They split last book into two movies, they could've done that with every movie that went past the time required. AND EVEN GOT MONEY FOR IT DUE TO ALL THE RAGING FANS!

First is my major grudge, second is secondary but still suiting.
    Indeed, adding stuff really cancels out the excuse of not fitting everything in.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Indeed, adding stuff really cancels out the excuse of not fitting everything in.
    So I really agree onto something with Howdyho. I'm both surprised and glad.

Wow how did I miss this trailer? It looks super awesome. I am super dooper excited!

got my first book when i was back in year 7 that was 10 years ago..... this series has kept me going for a whole decade this is surreal i hope they do a mini movie for the last chapter of 19 years.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    can't wait for this to come out!

Deleted
    Does indeed look pretty awesome. A shame my mandatory military service starts 2 days before the premiere, and as far as I know it'll be at least a couple of weeks till I get out of there for a weekend :/

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Oh god, they're Real-D'ing it.

LE SIGH. Would it really kill these people to actually use 3-D cameras, or at least do us the common decency of showing it in 2-D?
    Goddamn if they dare to only show the 3D version in the local theatre here like they're doing with Thor...
    Last edited by mmoc4e12ba5ccd; 2011-05-11 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    got my first book when i was back in year 7 that was 10 years ago..... this series has kept me going for a whole decade this is surreal i hope they do a mini movie for the last chapter of 19 years.
    Ah I think it would be hilarious if they made a sitcom or something about the last chapter and all their lives. The funniest part of it would be all the super-srs HP lore lovers that would get so offended by this. Believe me, I love HP as much as anyone else and I grew up with these series, but we all know there are serious Lore-enthusiasts about everything