Poll: Are you going to see the final harry potter flick?

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to be so depressed after this! No more harry potter

I literally grew up with these books, I started reading them at age 10. My parents bought me books 1-4, and after getting my first job I was able to purchase 5-7. I have re-read the series countless times, literally forwards and backwards, I cried a little when Dumbledore died due to the loss of a great character and a cried quite a bit at the end of Book 7 due to the end of what I consider the one of the best book series of all time.

The series ended for me several years ago when I finished reading book 7, I avoided the internet and TV for weeks up to its release to avoid what was sure to be a lot of spoilers. I will be going to the midnight release in 3 hours, and I very much doubt I will cry, partly because I'm older and mostly because I know the outcome. I hope that this very last installment in the movie series is not a big of let down as the other have been. Previous movies have added unnecessary things, and completely skipped over large plot points. I hope the movie makers did this final installment justice, and based on reviews I have read, justice has been done.
    Last edited by TheGiant89; 2011-07-15 at 01:23 AM.

I remember my 5th grade teacher reading chapters out of the book to us in school before she had to stop due to parents complaining.

Wow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I remember my 5th grade teacher reading chapters out of the book to us in school before she had to stop due to parents complaining.

Wow.
    Why o.o?
    When the teachers at our school suggested it, we all had to wait for our parents to finish reading it first until we got our chance.

Anyway, the ending to Part 1 wasnt satisfying at all, i have high hopes when i see Part 2 tomorrow.

Just got back from seeing the midnight show with Promethax. It was very epic. It really did deliver a satisfying conclusion.
    "With this costume, I'll get Asian girls for sure!"
    - Judge Malthred revealing my avatar's inner thoughts

15+ Year Old Account
    I remember when I was little(like 7 or 8 I think...I ended up borrowing that book for like 12 years, I fianlly gave it back to her when she went off to college. I am hoping to go see it in the afternoon today, was the movie much different from the book? I saw the trailer and it makes me a little bit scared because it seems different.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

It's all over!!!! D:

I'm 22 now and it has finally completed. <3

(midnight show at a local theater heh, such a nerd!)
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    I think i went in expecting too much... it wasnt as epic a conclusion as i thought it would be.

[Movie] Harry Potter part 2 3D

Did anyone see it in 3D, was it worth the extra price? Was the 3D effect well done or just distracting from the movie? I saw it on the midnight release in 2D and will definitely be going to see it again debating 3D or not though this time around.

My problem with the whole 3D format is the glasses you've got to wear, I already wear prescription glasses, and cant see ANY part of the movie without them. The 3D glasses go on over my prescription glasses and not only is it uncomfortable and annoying but I cant tell if my prescription glasses somehow negate the 3D effect.
    Last edited by TheGiant89; 2011-07-16 at 01:36 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Made 92 million on just opening day, some movies don't even make that in their entire run, I am impressed.
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=79881

Baring the few minor things I would have liked to have seen in the movie.

IT was done extremely well and does a wonderful job in wrapping up one of the most epic series of movies ever.

Spoiler
    if there is such at this point.
    On a side note what I would have loved to have seen make the cut were:

Harry fixing his wand at the end.
    The entire scene of Neville and Voldemort.
    Voldemort needed to die like he did in the book. In front of the entire school with everyone watching.

Still a great movie but I felt those 3 scenes needed to make it in the movie as in the book.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went and saw Transformers 3 during the same day of the Harry Potter midnight release, I got there at 6PM...thank God for Fandango or else I would've had to wait in those massive lines ._.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Baring the few minor things I would have liked to have seen in the movie.

Voldemort needed to die like he did in the book. In front of the entire school with everyone watching.
    This is one thing i didnt understand why it was missing.

His death was just such an anti-climax because he just disappeared and that was it... Everything was done and over... It felt like Harry snapping the Elder Wand in half was more grand.
    Last edited by -Ethos-; 2011-07-17 at 10:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, sadly I liked part 1 better. Right when I saw the trailers I knew it would be different then the book. Their is only one thing I did not like about it(their are other small things but eh), neville was suppose to kill the snake in front of everyone in the book, but here he did not, it should how brave neville became and showed how far he had grown, but in the movie it just did not have the same effect, left a bad taste in my mouth. The one thing I really did like was Alan Rickman acting as Snape, he nailed it to the teeth and the bone, he brought out Rowling writing to the max, it almost brought me to tears.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Just got back from the movie (Second time seeing it), decided to watch it in 3D this time. As it turns out the glasses are plenty comfortable over prescription glasses, and they were nor large glasses, at least I didnt ask for them. If you dont mind spending the extra money seeing the film in 3D is kind of cool, certain parts of it do look cool in 3D.

Deleted
    I dont do 3D, as if i dont want to put contacts in, its quite, an uncomfortable experience, with the 3D glasses, over glasses, i dont think ive been anywhere where this is catered for..