New Hard Drive...what software would YOU put on it?

So after a decent life, my hard drive is failing me. This was discovered in an attempt to DBAN it (and confirmed at a local computer store later). I managed to copy all the files I needed off of it and have ordered a new 1 TB hard drive to replace it.

Now the question, what to put back on it? I'm re-installing windows 7 and office and whatnot, but I feel like I am restricting myself. What are (in your opinion) some good and useful programs to use, learn to use, or use in the future?

I'm not really talking about video games, I've got that worked out. Just different software you have (or would like to have) on your computer. So, make a list in this format:

1. Program Name - Where to get it - Why use it?

Be creative, which is what I'm failing at now. List anything, ordinary stuff, abstract stuff, strange stuff, I just want to see some new things I may not be aware of. Also, it doesn't have to be free. I'll fork out for a good program, but the point of this is mostly just to see what's out there.

Deleted
    You can get Rainmeter (http://rainmeter.net/RainCMS/) It's for desktop customizing, I've been fiddling with it for a day or so: http://i.imgur.com/YVKVI.jpg

It really depends on what you want / what you do.
    Obviously a firewall, an anti-virus and an anti-malware program.
    Possibly CPU-Z and Real Temp if you need/want to check out the status of your computer.
    Defragmentation program of some kind.
    Voip software (Vent/TS/Mumble) if you use it for raiding / other games.
    CCleaner - Gets rid of cache and other junk
    Driver Sweeper
    Daemon Tools Lite if you create disc images for your purchased games/backups/other software

Other than those "obvious" things, I got no idea
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|