Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    Because they've got terrible stat allocation and pve trinkets are in almost all cases better than any pvp trinket save the insignia if you can get your hands on them. (for most classes) It's pretty common practice, to use a pve trinket or two so I'm not sure why you're acting like it's unheard of.
    Many are using 2 pvp trinkets. Using 2 pve trinkets (as human of course) would be very comp dependant..I still see most people, average and pro alike, using at least 1 pvp trinket as human.

---------- Post added 2011-07-11 at 10:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    If you have access to heroic weapons ( 391 iLvl), they are better if you don't have 2200 weapon, otherwise - no, they made resilience too important.
    By the timemost have a 391 wep, the pvp ones will be available so this isn't TOO much of a concern. But ya, atm if you have one..use it for sure, especially as melee

Pretty much depends on how much GOOD pvp gear you have, if you don't need the resilience from the trinks and you are human it's easy to make the case that 2 PVE trinks are the way to go. And it's VERY common, not sure why there would be an argument on that point.

Don't have to anymore.

But you could see an increase in effectiveness using a trinket and 1-2 pve weapons in pvp. But honestly you could hit 2200 without it.

10+ Year Old Account
    depending on the class and comp you play you can use pve trinkets and weapons.
    something u'll see for sure in arena will be casters who have obtained the legendary staff hoping to faceroll to a high rating.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    if you're a caster that legendary is pretty nice

Quote Originally Posted by Tangogulf View Post
    When I left wow I pretty much wanted to pvp in arenas and battlegrounds. Not much of a raider.
    At that time I was using a rogue and although there were weapons available for high level arena rewards, I had nowhere near the ranking to obtain them. I found that my weapons were sub par as a result. I needed to raid in order to upgrade my weapons for better pvp damage output.
    Its different now, the last season weapons (Season 9, iLevel 359) are available for Honor. So you do not need to raid to be viable in PvP. Also with the new Season, the base PvP gear purchased with honor is iLevel 371 which is higher then last season's high end PvP set. So you can get effective gear solely though PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like there's ilvl 397+ for every spec based on the last loot tables I saw, so yes. If you can kill H.Rag, then you should to get those weapons.

Big if though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Quote Originally Posted by madyaks View Post
    Pretty much depends on how much GOOD pvp gear you have, if you don't need the resilience from the trinks and you are human it's easy to make the case that 2 PVE trinks are the way to go. And it's VERY common, not sure why there would be an argument on that point.
    Define "don't need the resilience."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Define "don't need the resilience."
    I would honestly stop at a little over soft cap but it depends on your class, comp, and play style.

I really would wanna use a pve trinket because they give a higher boost, but I will probably just use both the on use trinkets the spell power one and the get of of stuns etc one.

Quote Originally Posted by lightgil View Post
    I would honestly stop at a little over soft cap but it depends on your class, comp, and play style.
    There is no soft cap... how many times do I have to say this? You get the same overall reduction out of every point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightgil View Post
    There is no softcap. After you reach enough Resilience for approximately 32.5% damage reduction, the gains become linear rather than exponential. So rather than Resilience being the best thing you can possibly get, it's reduced from godly to the mere mortal world of awesome.
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

There is no soft cap on resilience, at all. Period.
    Check patch notes from last season son

---------- Post added 2011-07-11 at 12:59 PM ----------

There is no soft cap... how many times do I have to say this? You get the same overall reduction out of every point.
    Same as above
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xux View Post
    Check patch notes from last season son

I think you need to look into the difference between exponential and linear changes in value. Things in WoW with actual 'soft caps' such as dodge and parry have exponentially decreasing gains. Resilience is linear after 32.5% with respect to 'Effective Health.'

Deleted
    I think you should start with the craftable PVP gear, not with PVE gear. But thats just my opinion so take it if you want.