Thread: [TV] Dragonball

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Did krillin ever actually do anything phenomenal? Him, yamcha, and tien just seemed like characters meant to die.

Well, one of his deaths lead to Goku's first SSJ transformation, so in a way I guess he was useful...once.

10+ Year Old Account
    ahhhh back when Krillin was pimp. In DBZ he was kinda lame, pulled out his pimp swagga in a couple of the DBZ movies though.
    When I went up the stair, I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today. I wish I wish he'd go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    Whale Shark is the devourer of the slow moving and inattentive. This includes plankton, whales, and AFK players.

Whale Shark swims where and how it pleases. Whale Shark /spits on your science.

well Krillin is one of my favorite characters in Dragon ball at least. i like everyone but Yamcha and the schizo lady, but Krillin makes me laugh the most. he's also Goku's biggest supporter/buddy. it was so sad how they set his death up and how out of the blue it came where Krillin was so excited for Goku, then he dies out of nowhere it was worse than most Naruto deaths i've been thru just because i can still picture Krillin all happy for Goku in his oversized suit and hat fetching Goku's stuff....i probably won't feel the same way if/once the later episodes show them grown up and more serious.
    Last edited by Spurmwhale; 2011-07-12 at 01:38 PM.

A lot of the emotional moments in DB and DBZ came from the amazing soundtrack for me. Sad that the English dub replaced the great music with bad rock music. Tearjerker moments can come just from how well the tone, imagery and music come together. You don't need a big death scene for it to be emotional.

I cried at the end of Yu Yu Hakusho and it was a happy ending.. It was just the way it was portrayed that really got me and how it was the last episode ever. My Favorite fighting anime of all time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Did krillin ever actually do anything phenomenal? Him, yamcha, and tien just seemed like characters meant to die.
    Cell saga spoilers inc:

At least in the Cell saga Tien kept cell down long enough for 18 and 16 to hopefully escape, even if the tri-beam spam could kill himself. I liked that moment because it actually gave a lesser fighter some worth, stepping out of the role of the comic relief.

---------- Post added 2011-07-12 at 08:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    A lot of the emotional moments in DB and DBZ came from the amazing soundtrack for me. Sad that the English dub replaced the great music with bad rock music. Tearjerker moments can come just from how well the tone, imagery and music come together. You don't need a big death scene for it to be emotional.

I cried at the end of Yu Yu Hakusho and it was a happy ending.. It was just the way it was portrayed that really got me and how it was the last episode ever. My Favorite fighting anime of all time.
    Guess that's one opinion. I tried to watch it again with the original soundtrack and I was ready to kill myself on the spot. I liked the "bad rock music."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Indeed.

I did like Dragonball a lot when I was younger but Goku did pretty much everything. That's actually the thing I don't like about it, he's way too powerful.

That's what made the Cell Saga that much better. Goku wasn't the hero for once. And it marked a point in time where Gohan was no longer an interesting character; afterwards he turns to a pansy

He'll get ressurected .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Sad though. He and Yamcha were the only humans in the group, and they were treated as useless. Until they stayed dead in the Buu Saga, that is. They got pretty badass, but they didn't do much with them afterwards.
    was tien a human? also chazu(sp)? both of which.... weirdos

Deleted
    You cant really expect a puny human like Krillin to stand up to all those big bad Freeza/Cells in DBZ (Though I forget who killed him in the episode of DB you're talking about)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    was tien a human? also chazu(sp)? both of which.... weirdos
    Tien is human apparently

Amazingly, so is Chiaotzu. He looks more like a cross between an android and a Kai.

only the best thing ever created.
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

Deleted
    Someone played DB online thai wersion?

Man i got to like episode 130~ or so, called Changes, and its like the whole anime changed. now they're all grown up and not nearly as funny to watch anymore. i was shocked by the sudden 3 year time skip too wtf? the older voice for Goku is awful. i'm not even sure if i'm going to continue since i hate Goku's new voice so much

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Martian View Post
    in db+dbz +movies krillin died about 1000x times....you'll get used to it
    You sure about that? I thought the Dragonballs can only bring you back once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadesh View Post
    You sure about that? I thought the Dragonballs can only bring you back once.
    Different sets, different rules.