Comparison of PVP gear to PVE gear for a feral tank and dps.

Note that this excelsheet was made using the following rules:
    *Stat % bonuses are counted.(Motw 5% + Leather Mastery 5% + Talent 10% + Cat form AP bonus ?%)

*. 1 AP = 1 crit rating or 1 dodge rating..
    * 1 Stam = 0.6666666... dodge rating(according to gems)
    * 'Add' means mastery, crit rating, etc. Resilience was excluded.

Applying the above rules,
    CAT FORM 1 AGILITY: 3.025 AP+ 0.6086 crit rating+ 0.7647 dodge rating
    BEAR FORM 1 AGILITY : 2.5AP + 0.6086 Crit rating + 0.7647 dodge rating
    1 stam : 0.66666.... dodge rating

- - -- -- - -- --- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Agility bonus in the pvp sets were of course included.
    Gems were excluded.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Formulas that were used for...

DPS:. (AGI DIFF * 3.6336(CAT AP + Crit rating)) . TANK DPS : (AGI DIFF * 3.1086(BEAR AP + CRIT RATING))
    . TANK DODGE: (AGI DIFF * 0.7647(dodge rating))
    . DODGE + STAM :. TANK DODGE + (stam diff * 0.6666)
    . TANK TOTAL : (AGI DIFF * 3.8733(BEAR AP + CRIT RATING + DODGE RATING)) + (STAM DIFF * 0.6666)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is the spreadsheet:

http://s648.photobucket.com/albums/u...ent=Excell.jpg

Press zoom in if you have problems reading the text.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My question to you is: Is 371 pvp gear better than the 359 gears? You tell me.
    Last edited by lyok0929; 2011-07-12 at 01:17 PM.

I gather from the spreadsheet that the honor gear is almost even with normal raid gear and that conquest point gear is slightly behind heroic gear?

Sounds about right considering the item level is better, but you give up a secondary stat and socket bonus for resilience.

I just saw some discussions about druid pvp gear feral tanking going on so I posted it here. Secondary stats were included - except for mastery...Yeah, I know... >.>