Steam Summer Camp has destroyed my life.

Topic title says it all. I'm struggling to justify playing WoW when I have Beat Hazard, New Vegas, Just Cause 2, Monday Night Combat, Sanctum, all of Sam and Max and Torchlight to play.

I hate you, Valve. ;_;

Deleted
    Why, you should thank them, as you can now unsibscribe WoW for a while whilst still having something to do.

All the games I bought cost less then a month of WoW.
    I'm one happy camper!

Deleted
    £24.99 for a valve pack which includes 24 games.. BEAST

Sam and Max ftw. Brings back great childhood memories. Any new S&M releases lately?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwy Maverick View Post
    Beat Hazard, New Vegas, Just Cause 2, Monday Night Combat, Sanctum, all of Sam and Max and Torchlight
    Are you telling me you did NOT have those games prior to the Steam sale?! You Sir are going to Hell.

Also, I'm hoping the rest of the FANTASTIC games you didn't mention (Frozen Synapse, Mount&Blade, Killing Floor etc.) you already had. Don't you dare tell me you don't and didn't buy them!

Lastly, woo 600th on Leaderboards in Boss Rush @BeatHazard

I got Sanctum, Magicka, Star Wars: BattleFront 2, Empire at War, and some stuff for TF2 All for around $20. I was extremely happy, until I found out that Magicka won't run on my system due to an integrated Intel Chip or something along those lines. So other than that Sanctum is really fun, and Empire at War was worth the $5 I paid for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazramu View Post
    Magicka won't run on my system due to an integrated Intel Chip or something along those lines.
    I do believe that a LOT of reviews and even at one point the Magicka page in steam had in big letters that Magicka should not be run on a laptop due to this

Quote Originally Posted by lordhakera View Post
    I do believe that a LOT of reviews and even at one point the Magicka page in steam had in big letters that Magicka should not be run on a laptop due to this
    While I've never heard of the game, surely that can't be right? I mean, my laptop has a semi-decent GPU (nvidia optimus, GT550M) and I'd expect it to handle any game out there on at least low.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    While I've never heard of the game, surely that can't be right? I mean, my laptop has a semi-decent GPU (nvidia optimus, GT550M) and I'd expect it to handle any game out there on at least low.
    Newer laptops can run it, but most can't due to the weakness of integrated graphics cards compared to non-mobile ones and the lack of optimization that has been done on the game.. Infact, here's an FAQ that Paradox had about this.
    Last edited by mmoc0d05e16c33; 2011-07-12 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lordhakera View Post
    Newer laptops can run it, but most can't due to the weakness of integrated graphics cards compared to non-mobile ones and the lack of optimization that has been done on the game.. Infact, here's an FAQ that Paradox had about this.
    /shrug. I don't know much about software - hardware is my forte. Not that games are meant to be played on laptops anyway. Cheers for the link.

worst thing is if you didn't take advantage of the sale and somewhere down the line run out of games or want to play one that you could've bought when it was on sale. i remember eye'ing Alpha Protocol when it was sale on Christmas, then passed, and then pissed i didn't get it when i wanted to try it a few months later. no way i was paying the regular marked down prices tho, since it still doesn't come close to their sale mark downs.

I thought the sale was great. Not only did I increase my library with a bunch of games I've been eyeing anyways, but I also got quite a few copies of games to gift when the times arsis (Darksiders, Batman AA, SWFU2, etc).