Thread: This just in!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    Im pretty sure HM rag not dying is a pretty easy bug to spot becuase GASP he doesnt die.
    the bug isnt him not dying. it has to do with the transition from p3 to p4, please read the first post.
    he could not be dying because hes a gear check, or that tightly tuned or a number of other things. you have to understand these guilds dont have the collective gear that this fight might be tuned for.

---------- Post added 2011-07-13 at 12:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinCarp View Post
    If any other industry put forth shit product like this, without proper testing they would have their balls sued off and not have a consumer base at all.
    never worked with any windows product have you?

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

10+ Year Old Account
    Paragon and Method just lost some sleep.

Deleted
    Nothing quite like a ten-man getting blindsided by a minor glitch for the first time and crying foul.

That's not how we do things around here, sonny. It's not called the bleeding edge for nothin'.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-07-13 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhazrun View Post
    Nothing quite like a ten-man getting blindsided by a minor glitch for the first time and crying foul.

That's not how we do things around here, sonny. It's not called the bleeding edge for nothin'.
    Wow, I don't even. Pretty sure they didn't really cry foul. Holy hell will it end.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhazrun View Post

It was occurring on 10 and 25 alike.

Quote Originally Posted by July 12 Hotfixes
    Living Meteors will now become frozen by Cenarius under all conditions when transitioning into phase 4 on Heroic difficulty.

Looks like there really was a bug in the transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Posaune View Post
    It was occurring on 10 and 25 alike.
    You are talking to a Paragon member, he's acknowledging a "minor glitch" not a fatal bug. They've already posted photos on their website of a fully emerged Rag on working legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Grudger View Post
    You are talking to a Paragon member, he's acknowledging a "minor glitch" not a fatal bug. They've already posted photos on their website of a fully emerged Rag on working legs.
    The image posted from the 10 man seems to be a fully emerged Ragnaros walking on legs. If the hotfix from the Blue post is accurate (as TetraCleric posted), it seems like something that can be worked around to get further into the phase, albeit likely impossible to do so. And the paragon picture looks like a lot of dead people to me.

I'm not really sure what you were trying to say in your post, tbh, and that's not a slight against you, promise. Just don't know what you're meaning.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really cheap Blizzard, Really cheap
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

15+ Year Old Account
    Omg ragy grown a pair! He evolved! But wait....Flaming tornado to two legs.... devolution anyone?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Mischiefpwns View Post
    99% of people aren't even close to heroic Rag so why is there so much rage? I mean it sucks for your guild but you guys should be stoked you are clearing all the heroic content so fast.
    cozzzz ittt makeess you lookkkk l333377777!

Deleted
    From hotfix notes:
    - Living Meteors will now become frozen by Cenarius under all conditions when transitioning into phase 4 on Heroic difficulty.
    - If a Living Meteor is frozen in the lava pool during the transition into phase 4 on Heroic difficulty, it will teleport on a player after the stun ends, but will no longer explode immediately. Players now have a 2-second window to escape the meteor’s melee range.

Guess those were the bugs.

This is also somewhat weird:
    - Ragnaros now enrages after 18 minutes in all raid difficulties and sizes, up from 15 minutes.

Do they want to make the boss easier? (on normal mode, this isn't an issue)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Looks like either one leg is ripped off or gone missing (right one on Rag).

That's what I was thinking. While I'm not going to say it's fake blah blah blah. Just looks an awful lot like something Blizzard would post in their in game art section.
    If you look closer you'll notice his right leg is lift up as he probally is trying to step forwards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ttkyle View Post
    Wow, I don't even. Pretty sure they didn't really cry foul. Holy hell will it end.
    When all it takes is a couple of trials and an ounce of professionalism to figure out the cause and just take the meteors out of the lava, inciting the forums into torches and pitchforks by claiming the bug gamebreaking counts in my books.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

10+ Year Old Account
    This shady ass picture is everywhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    This shady ass picture is everywhere.
    Aside from the site, there's nothing wrong with the picture itself. We can do it too.

those bug fixes make me wonder if that was truely the only thing keeping him from being killed. and with the fix in, how fast he will fall now. i do agree it's "unacceptable" like posted here earlier to throw out a final boss of a raid and have it bugged, limiting progression for guilds in the raid, and allowing everyone to catch up, but shit happense :l

gogo paragon, servers go up in 4 hours, get that world first :3

Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    Im pretty sure HM rag not dying is a pretty easy bug to spot becuase GASP he doesnt die.
    What nobody seems to understand is you actually have to be ABLE to execute the mechanics perfectly or near perfectly to accurately test it, and the people that can do that are currently in the HC guilds, not working for blizzard.

---------- Post added 2011-07-17 at 05:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinCarp View Post
    what they should do, is what alot of the hardcore progression folks have been saying for ages, grab a team of testers, from high end guilds. /retirees ect and let them beat on the encounters a bit the way they do. I'm betting a bunch of em would do it for a bit of pay no problem, and it would be a drop in the bucket in regards to blizz's cost.

you simply wouldn't have shit like this, or the sinestra encounter being "created changed and "fixed"" with data gathered by guilds actually attempting it on live.

If any other industry put forth shit product like this, without proper testing they would have their balls sued off and not have a consumer base at all.

Only in the world of MMO gaming is this shit the norm, and the blizz fanbois scream that its "OK" of course they won't see the content till two tiers, or in cases like HLK the next xpack later, so meh they should be mute.
    You're right, Recalls don't exist on any product in the real world...oh wait

And the problem with this is they would have to trust these testers to not tell anybody, AND the testers couldn't be in the running for world first kills, most people that have the ability to master stuff like that would much rather be out there competing for world first rather than sitting on the sidelines, knowing that they spent countless hours, fixing bugs, trying the fight again, repeat, killing the boss before anyone saw it, and then not getting any recognition.

And even if that was the case, what do you want them to do, test it in best gear possible for HC firelands, and then work down slowly making sure none of the mechanics are too much? And using every item available during the raid so there aren't glitches like the saronite bomb on LK?(or w/e the engineering thing was that glitched it) to be completely bug free every item with a use would have to be used during the fight, every ability would have to be used in response to every ability the boss has, and all of this would have to happen with real people controlling the players so that it is accurate. Not to mention it would have to be done multiple times to account for RNG. EVERY possible circumstance would have to be tested for it to be a guaranteed bug free fight, which while this may happen with the millions of users world wide while they do the fight in only a week, you are talking about months for a few groups payed by blizzard to play, all of which would have to be extremely good at their class, as well as it's multiple specs, and most likely multiple classes.
    Last edited by Joodoc; 2011-07-17 at 11:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Histidine View Post
    WoW is great.
    Not sure what game people are playing; I love the way things are.
    What bosses will be in the Deathwing Raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    Leg 1, Leg 2, Hind Legs is a duo boss fight, Wings, Tail, Head and last Heroic mode only boss is his Chin. Totally optional and only for those hardcore enough. It's jaw dropping!