Deleted

FPS decline, advice please!

My desktop (self built) is just hitting about 6 months old now and i'm suddenly starting to get disappointingly low FPS, especially in raids. I use mostly high graphics settings, low multisampling and texture filtering. I use 2 screens, but always have. At the beginning of cataclysm i'm fairly certain i was getting 55-60fps anywhere outside of raids, not sure what i got in raids. Now I am getting 25-35 outside of raids, and only around 10-20 in raid encounters, depending on the fight. I was hoping my pc would maintain its framerates longer than this, and i'm fairly sure that it should still be giving me more fps.

PC specs:
    i7-860 processor
    gtx460 gfx card
    4gb ram
    antec 900 case and an aftermarket cpu cooler should be keeping everything cool, but i haven't checked this with temp monitors.

I don't run particularly addon-heavy, but i've tried removing ALL of them and it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. Nevertheless, here are the addons i use:

Addons:
    AtlasLoot
    Bartender
    BigWigs
    ButtonFacade
    Elkano's BuffBars
    Grid
    LunijInterrupted
    Omen
    Power Auras Classic
    Prat
    Quartz
    Recount
    Shadowed Unit Frames
    TellMeWhen
    TidyPlates

I'm generally only running WoW, Ventrilo and Opera, sometimes spotify aswell.

Can anyone advise me whether there's anything i can do to help my fps, or if this is to be expected?

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1st question: Running in dx11 mode?
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Deleted
    yes, dx11 mode

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    if you could post a dxdiag, also, run realtemp and cpu-z and provide that info so we can see what your stuffs is running at would be cool
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

15+ Year Old Account
    turn shadows down, see if that helps first
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Have you checked to make sure that all of your hardware drivers are up to date? Some changes in patches can affect how drivers handle certain calls, and having the most up to date drivers can alleviate some of the problem.

Also make sure your add-ons are up to date as well. I know that Recount works with 4.2, but the 4.1 version caused a lot of fps loss for some people.

Also do the things that most people do when performance becomes an issue. Defrag your HDD, msconfig out things you don't need running, make sure you aren't running OS updates during your play, check your AV scan schedule, etc.

Deleted
    DxDiag.txt - 0.04MB
    cpuz - 0.10MB

realtemp says my cpu cores are running between 26 and 45 degrees with wow running just hanging in stormwind.

Shadows are already set to low. Nvidia drivers are up to date, not sure about others. I'm pretty sure all my addons are up to date. I use ccleaner regularly, i'll run a defrag tonight and see if that helps.

---------- Post added 2011-07-13 at 10:29 AM ----------

One of my guildies claims that a slow connection speed can affect fps. Is this true? it would explain things, my connection speed is terrible.