Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question How does one level Warlock?

Out of all my toons, warlock has been my most difficult/hated to level. This may be simply do to the fact that it's my last class to level to 80+. (sig is incorrect)

Been leveling as Demo, through instances. I'm 44 right now on my warlock alt. Main is a mage, so thinking about switching to destro.

Just curious, any warlocks level to 1-80+ recently? How did you level? Did you enjoy it? What would you do different?
    Last edited by Swiffer; 2011-07-12 at 06:40 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leveled as Demonology - had the most fun with my warlock leveling as Demonology ! Pretty much more fun then all my other alts tho. did also lvl it from 80-85

I only did 80-85 on my lock in cata, after I got used to demo it was the most fun to me. They all work though.

Friend of mine absolutely crushed at everything he did as demo 1-85, topping kills in BG's and dps in dungeons etc etc.

Do you rely on Dots? because your nuke(shadowbolt?) has such a LOOOONG cast time.

(When ever the site comes back up)
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Fenris/Logics/
    Last edited by Swiffer; 2011-07-12 at 09:04 PM.

Deleted
    I'd say demo for questing, and destro for boss nuking.

Though when I levelled a lock during tbc and you could go halves on 2 talent trees i'd get improved vw so it could tank then rest in afflic

Affliction was by far the easiest imo, especially with soul swap (glyphed) I would just run by stuff put 2 instant dots on it and let it die as it ran to me and I'd just keep running and pull like 5-6 at a time.

Leveling a lock was by far the easiest and quick to do. Affliction for all the instants

Deleted
    It's been a while since I leveled mine. But the easiest way I found is to level demo for the burst until you get Voidwalker, then use that as a tank ala hunter and spec demo for survivability, DoT up, shadowbolts, health funnel your demon up. Obviously go Felguard when it's available, use life tap for mana when you're low and then life drain back up, gives you zero downtime between mobs and lets you quest quickly. Take destro at dual spec for dungeons etc, but demo is still viable before you can get dual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffari View Post
    Affliction was by far the easiest imo, especially with soul swap (glyphed) I would just run by stuff put 2 instant dots on it and let it die as it ran to me and I'd just keep running and pull like 5-6 at a time.

Leveling a lock was by far the easiest and quick to do. Affliction for all the instants
    Aye ,we had 5 or 6 dots at one time, immolate, corruption, curse of agony, siphon life, unstable affliction, all ticking at once as we shadowbolt the shit out of it.

then siphon life got mixed into corruption and and you cant do unstable afflic and immolate at once anymore.

Oh and the old curse of doom was cool, cast it on an elemental then banish rank1 for 20 secs, banish rank 2 for 30 secs, then just as it comes out of banish it'd get the crap nuked out of it by curse of doom.
    Oh and you could enslave a forge camp demon and use it to kill durn the hungerer for you.

I leveled afflic.. 1-85 in no time. Just dot everything and run away = win

10+ Year Old Account
    lvld from 1-60 as demo, 60-70 as demo, 70-80 as demo and 80-85 as demo...
    85-X, also demo probally...

Quote Originally Posted by butterzz View Post
    lvld from 1-60 as demo, 60-70 as demo, 70-80 as demo and 80-85 as demo...
    85-X, also demo probally...
    I lol'd irl

dont lvl a warlock make a mage or shadow priest, warlocks are total bs

Deleted
    I leveled my wl from 1-85 in 3 days /played or so as affli, the first 40 levels or so the mobs falling so fast that i counldnt cast shadowbolt on it, so i used simply drain life.
    as i dinged 85 i would like to farm the heroics then raid firelands, but i wouldnt play with the retardets in the LFD with a queue of 30mins+ as dd, so i dont logg on it for like 1 month or so.

affli. Just dot up and run between mobs, your pet will finish them off. so easy and fast to level that it's not even funny. Even better if you don't stop for looting
    Leveled from 80-85 in less than 2 days (overall. played way lower than this) with 0 heirlooms items.

affli affli affli!

the different ways to lvl as lock:

demo: you main dps is ur pet, it takes some more time to kill mobs, but you dont really have any down time.

destro: you have to stand still while u cast, so you aint really mobile, but you kill mobs before they get to you.

affli: you just run around dot every thing u see with corruption and curse of agony and just keep running, then just loot loot loot and dot some more.

and the most fun spec to play is definitely affli.

I've leveled 8 different classes to 85 so far and my warrior is at 82. (The last class I have yet to level is priest.)

Lock was far and away the easiest and quickest class to level. Hunters called and said lock was stupid easy to level. The best way to level is affliction and offspec to demo for elite quests in BC and WotLK. Put bane and corruption on everything in range and just let it run to you so you don't have to run as far to loot the corpses. I leveled up doing quests and some BG, in full heirloom gear. (Full at the time I actually leveled these different toons.)

Deleted
    i levelled affli 1-70 in tbc took me like 2 weeks, i would just run round putting dots on as many mobs as i could, LT and self healing was win. through wrath I levelled as affli and Cata i levelled as destro. Found 80-85 was well fast I got level 85 on the first day and missed out on realm first by about an hour or so. Now though I hear that demo is the fastest way to level

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveled it as demo, had a lot of fun soloing the most difficult stuff ^^ when i reached lvl 80 i switched to destro for pve content and never looked back :P

go afflic or dest till you hit mid burnign crusade content.
    then demo.
    its just too easy to stay max health and mana as afflic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiffer View Post
    Out of all my toons, warlock has been my most difficult/hated to level. This may be simply do to the fact that it's my last class to level to 80+. (sig is incorrect)

Been leveling as Demo, through instances. I'm 44 right now on my warlock alt. Main is a mage, so thinking about switching to destro.

Just curious, any warlocks level to 1-80+ recently? How did you level? Did you enjoy it? What would you do different?
    I tried Demo and Affy, and really didn't like them pre-40. Destro on the other hand had a good solid rotation that allowed me to solo most things easily up until Level 70. It seems all of Northrend likes to ROFL-stomp Destro Locs. I placed the points in my dual spec of Affy at 72, and was able to solo Elites again :-D Affy just seems a lot easier for me once I have Haunt to increase the Shadow Damage even further. Conflaguration is by far the best skill you can spec into at Level 10 though.