Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Battlefield 3 Requirements - Not official and/or final

Hello, tought i would post the BF3 requirements.

Keep in mind, these are not offical statements from Dice and/or EA games. This list is seemingly made by Gamestop. And even if it is not the final requirements for the game, it should give an idea of what to get. And they are not very detailed either.

These are both Minimum and recommended.

Minimum:

Hard Drive Space: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version
    Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
    RAM: 2GB
    Video Card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card

Recommended:

Hard Drive Space: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version
    Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
    RAM: 4GB
    Video Card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, GeForce GTX 460, Radeon Radeon HD 6850

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2011/07/08/gamestop-lists-minimum-and-recommended-specs-for-bf3-on-pc/
    Secondary source: http://www.gamerzines.com/pc/news/battlefield-3-pc-specs.html

Both the sources claim that Gamestop posted the requirements. I have not found them on Gamestops sites, but i only searched for a minute.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Deleted
    That's nice, I'll just hit up at Recommended video card with my current rig.

Not only are they not official, DICE have gone out and called them fake and fabricated.

(And yet it just keeps getting posted everywhere D: )
    EDIT - And I doubt I'll be playing it at satisfiable levels even with an i5-760 @ 4.0, 8GiB RAM, HD6970 @ 985core/6100mem. Especially in 6080*1080-resolution.

Deleted
    While the system requirements for Battlefield 3 is all but speculation at this point, I wonder if anyone - somewhere - knows of the specifications of the computers that ran the multiplayer demo at E3 this year. I mean, someone must know? For these events computers are usually borrowed so it would make sense that someone has snapped up what specifications DICE wanted for their demo-machines at the show - right?

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    While the system requirements for Battlefield 3 is all but speculation at this point, I wonder if anyone - somewhere - knows of the specifications of the computers that ran the multiplayer demo at E3 this year. I mean, someone must know? For these events computers are usually borrowed so it would make sense that someone has snapped up what specifications DICE wanted for their demo-machines at the show - right?
    I can't say 100% for E3, but the ones demonstrated at Dreamhack is confirmed to have (single) GTX580s in them. Both from people opening the sidepanels and looking, and from chatting with the actual developers. :P

DICE have also said, informally, that they've used single GTX580s in all of their demo-vids.
    And that they haven't even been able to max the settings internally yet.

What does that mean? That the game with a GTX580, isn't able to max it, but still looks extremely good.
    High hopes? You betcha!

15+ Year Old Account
    there was a interview i read that said to run BF3 at Full Settings, you would need a computer that isnt even built yet.

needless to say more then likely he was joking.

seems i need a new computer to run BF3 at Full Settings.
    Oh my credit card...

Gah, HD5870 won't cut it for recommended? boo
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    there was a interview i read that said to run BF3 at Full Settings, you would need a computer that isnt even built yet.

It's a very big possibility, he wasn't. And I hope he wasn't :3

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Gah, HD5870 won't cut it for recommended? boo
    No. Your HD5870 is better than the HD6850.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post

He wasn't. What he was on about (more than likely) was the stupid things that make it a tiny bit prettier at a cost of a ton of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    I can't say 100% for E3, but the ones demonstrated at Dreamhack is confirmed to have (single) GTX580s in them. Both from people opening the sidepanels and looking, and from chatting with the actual developers. :P

DICE have also said, informally, that they've used single GTX580s in all of their demo-vids.
    And that they haven't even been able to max the settings internally yet.

What does that mean? That the game with a GTX580, isn't able to max it, but still looks extremely good.
    High hopes? You betcha!
    so a couple of years from now we still might be trying to max this game?

Deleted
    As they said on E3, the game is in pre-alpha (hopefully at least alpha by now) which means they have a lot of stabilizing and optimizing to do. I'd bet that they are aiming to make the game run at near max settings with either a 570 or a 580 (single) in 1080p without any AA turned on at a playable fps (40-50fps). It wouldn't make much sense from a market standpoint to put the requirements for max settings higher than that as it would result in a negative response from the average/casual gamers point of view, who probably has less qualified hardware.

That the game ran on a single 580 on E3 means that we can assume that a single 580 will be able to make the game justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you need more space for the disc...

QUESTION: What does anti aliasing do?
    Last edited by Doirdyn; 2011-07-14 at 04:13 AM.
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

Anti-aliasing smooths out jagged edges on textures/fonts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plagous View Post
    Anti-aliasing smooths out jagged edges on textures/fonts.
    You'd think that having it enabled would increase performance :S
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    Oh hell no. AA is one of the most performance-demanding things out there when it comes to GPU's, at least at high levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    http://www.pantherproducts.co.uk/Art...aliasing.shtml
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Article about AA in BF3

AA, Resolution, and Shadows and very demanding on your gpu

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    As they said on E3, the game is in pre-alpha (hopefully at least alpha by now) which means they have a lot of stabilizing and optimizing to do. I'd bet that they are aiming to make the game run at near max settings with either a 570 or a 580 (single) in 1080p without any AA turned on at a playable fps (40-50fps). It wouldn't make much sense from a market standpoint to put the requirements for max settings higher than that as it would result in a negative response from the average/casual gamers point of view, who probably has less qualified hardware.

That the game ran on a single 580 on E3 means that we can assume that a single 580 will be able to make the game justice.
    I agree.
    But they must also think about how long it can potentially last. Think about the huge gap between BF2 and BF3 for instance. While BF2 didn't last all the way through, it did last a while.

And while your argument about average/casual gamers stand true, there's nothing that doesn't say they can't play a beautiful game, just not with max or near-max settings. If you put more money into your computer, you should be able to see the benefits. IMO.

All-in-all, I think we're due for one very beautiful game. Especially if there's more to get from it, if a 580 doesn't max it.
    I might have to add another 6970 so that I can actually play it above Low in Eyefinity :P

i bought my new computer (2500k, 570 gtx, 8gb ram) just for bf3. if it will not run smooth at decent settings i'll freak out.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.