Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Movies] Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 ***SPOILER Discussion***

So i've been to the night thingy u know u sit there and be 1 of the firsts to see it besides the premeire and such...

So what we've done was: go to the Part 7 marathon!!!.... 21:00>2:25! or somthing >.>.... tbh its was fun but.... i got a feeling i dont know shit about what really was going on.. and everyone that read the books where quite pissed off!!! tbh.... :')

So what is your rating of it? 1>10? i give it a 7... due to the lame ending imo... it was like ohh hellloooooo BOOM gone snake BOOM gone voldemort......

though that female teacher was plain EPIC.... "i've always wanted to do that!*joy face*"

This is the SPOILERS discussion. Please discuss all possible spoilers here.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2011-07-14 at 08:24 PM.

Deleted
    0/10, movies sucks, i've read the books, 10 times better

Spoiler hidden.

Harry dies in last part of deathly hallows, no rly he does

Dont look at it if you want to fine out your self.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxyEU View Post
    0/10, movies sucks, i've read the books, 10 times better

Spoiler hidden.

Dont look at it if you want to fine out your self.
    making it white doesnt work btw... but you are right ....

But in the books its tottally writtin diffrent...

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it a little early to be making this thread? The movie isn't out for 2-3 more days..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by angael View Post
    Isn't it a little early to be making this thread? The movie isn't out for 2-3 more days..
    well i just saw it in the cinema and its already out here.... and im dutch so... :P dunno where your from but... ^^

Might also have somthing to do that the movie was allowed to show tonight at 0:00... on13th of july... atleast here..

But yes i've see it and luxy also have seen it...

It's not a spoiler when everyone knows Harry Potter is going to win. Or does he die too? Or I don't know. I didn't read the books so I just assume he wins. Either way, I'm sure it will be better then part 1.. Part 1 was boring.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Movie was pretty good, even in the 3D format although I'm kind of annoyed the death scene was such a big deal in the book yet it's only a few seconds long in the movie..the characters (the ones that died) are apart of the story as much as Harry himself is, it should have been done better. Plus poor Neville never got thanked for killing the thing he killed..I mean he's the reason why it all happened in the end. The ending could have been more to the book as well..the kids have lines in the book and its explained what happened to Neville in the end. Great movie just wish they had done more with those bits.

My dad hasn't read one single HP book and he really enjoyed all 8 movies, you don't really need to read the books to understand the story..it helps if you've seen the other movies before seeing the last two though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal View Post
    Movie was pretty good, even in the 3D format although I'm kind of annoyed the death scene was such a big deal in the book yet it's only a few seconds long in the movie..the characters (the ones that died) are apart of the story as much as Harry himself is, it should have been done better. Plus poor Neville never got thanked for killing the thing he killed..I mean he's the reason why it all happened in the end. The ending could have been more to the book as well..the kids have lines in the book and its explained what happened to Neville in the end. Great movie just wish they had done more with those bits.

My dad hasn't read one single HP book and he really enjoyed all 8 movies, you don't really need to read the books to understand the story..it helps if you've seen the other movies before seeing the last two though.
    Yeah i see where you are coming from, the death scene was look BOOM... ok hes death ... that was just plain to fast ....
    And the really really really messed up the 19years later part... and i really really really find that messed up, just like you said the kids had lines and all of them had kind of... not just Albus Severus ..... even at that part harry forgot to say "it did with me" wich was a big deal in the book since he never told any1 of his children that!

Deleted
    2 days more w8 in me country

I never got myself to read the last book, so I really didnt know what to expect from these movies. I just got to say that I would have never imagined that the series would have that fucking lame ending. Like, I was amazed how lame and "happy" the ending was. What the hell, I actually thought that Harry would have to sacrifice himself to kill Voldemort or some shit but no, everybody survived and Voldemort was defeated just like that? I don't know if it's better in the book, but wow jesus christ that was so lame!

10+ Year Old Account

[Movies] Harry Potter Part 2 Final! (Warning Spoilers)

WARNING!!!!

THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT CONTAINS SPOILERS TO HARRY POTTER PART 2! Those wishing NOT TO KNOW what happens, please back out of this thread! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

I Just finished watching HP P2, i gotta say it was the most epic movie, however The ending completely made no flaming sense whats so ever!

Once harry has finally defeated Lord Voldemort, and a convo about the wand that failed for Voldy, It ends and advances to 19 years later, to Show Harry and crew all grown up, BUT CGI'd at advance their respective ages.

I have to say that completely made no sense on any level whatsoever, They looked the same to me, and imo, they should of used adults to replace them and not the crew and CGI'd which ends there with em all waving to their kiddies as the scene ends!

Overall, i give it a 9.5/10 its a good movie,
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

15+ Year Old Account
    Merged the two spoilers discussions here.

Ive read the books, I just wanna see all the fight scenes !! im so pumped

Deleted

Harry Potter Part 2 - Completely Disapointed.

***SOME SPOILERS***

I need to know whether its just me , but was anyone else, who has devoured the books, and previous films; yet was completely disapointed by Part 2 ? I really cant make a good point without ssome spoilers, but ill keep them to a bare minimum.

I found that it was russhed, it was *BOOM* Gringotts, ooh look we got here and found it within 10 minutes, off to school. Then harry walks straight infront of Snape and the carrows in an assembly. No exploring Ravenclaw tower, no Carrows, no Spitting at McGonagol, no calling DA members, its Ooh look everyone turned up nicely. The Whole feel of the movie seems erratic, the fight scenes are just pure chaos ( and not in the good way). For some reason there is no evacuation plan, just students just stand there and look scared, not bothering to fight. And These i can Understand for time restraints, and i appreciate the work that went into the film.

But to deny Dumbledores Speach to harry when he is in Kings Cross was cheap. They completely flattened his character, you hear nothing of justifying himself, or appologising to harry, not to mention dumbledore did look surprisingly like God in that scene...... The other Scene that really annoyed me is that after the pensive scene, harry goes and tells everyone he's going to Voldemort. The whole point in the book is that it is Harry's Acceptance, and doesnt want a hoo haa about it, instead Hermione hugs him and Harry walks off. completely ruining the effect of it.

I genuinely feel let down by this part, especially as they ranted and raved about how "close to the books these films are" and yes, Part 1 was Fantastically close to the books, this one however is not, and i guess i wanted tehm to go out with a bang, and to be honest it more resembles how Voldemort dies- he jsut goes Poof, an becomes black dust, no expeliarmus, no group fight - poof.

SPOILERS

Hollywood makes no sense to me sometimes, snapping the Elder Wand in two and chucking it off a bridge (How the movie does it) or having Harry repair his wand and showing the conversation with Dumbledore's portrait (Books account of events). Both scenarios take about the same amount of time, just in different sets. Why not follow the book? I mean, if you didnt read the books, what is Harry using for a wand 19 years later?

Differences from the book to the movie I noted (counting the above)

Snape is killed in the shreaking shack in the book not in a boat house

Voldemort's body does not evaporate in the book, it does in the movie

Nevil kills the snake while in the courtyard once Voldemort sets the sorting hat on fire with Nevil wearing it

The duplicating treasure in the Gringotts vault is red hot in the book, not the movie

Nagini is never put in a protective barrier as in the book

Snape never assembles the students like shown in the movie, and Harry does not confront Snape as he does in that scene of the movie

Harry is lain at Voldemorts feet in the book, in the movie Hagrid holds him until Harry rolls out of his arms and runs from Voldemort

Never explained to Voldemort who was the correct owner of the Elder Wand

Harry and Voldemort do not fly around the castle in the book

Voldemort's death is very different in the book, the way I remember it his own curse rebounds off something and hits him. Their is also a lot more celebrating in the book, and mourning for those lost, movie is just kind of... well its over.... 19 years later.

During the Epilogue Albus Severus is the only child to speak, also Ginny speaks in the movie she is silent. In the book all the kids have lines, and Remus/Tonks son is never shown in the movie as he is in the book

Snapes last words in the book are simply "Look at me", in the movie "Look at me..... you have your mothers eyes"

In the book the cage housing the snake encloses Snape and the snake kills him by itself. In the movie Voldemort slits Snapes frontal neck, and the snake finishes him off.

All of the above differences are pretty forgivable (to me), nothing major, all the plot points were included in this movie, as they haven't been in movies past. Didnt think they would explain why Snape had to die, but they did, twice! Doubted we would see Dumbledore in "Heaven" and we did! Doubted we would see Snapes memories and we did!! This movie brought a tear to my eye more than once, and I will be seeing it again in theaters.

EDIT: Seen the movie twice now, once in 2D on opening night (or morning w/e), again Sunday night in 3D. Updated list of differences from book-movie.

---------- Post added 2011-07-15 at 03:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lliriel View Post
    ***SOME SPOILERS***

I need to know whether its just me , but was anyone else, who has devoured the books, and previous films; yet was completely disapointed by Part 2 ? I really cant make a good point without ssome spoilers, but ill keep them to a bare minimum.

I found that it was russhed, it was *BOOM* Gringotts, ooh look we got here and found it within 10 minutes, off to school. Then harry walks straight infront of Snape and the carrows in an assembly. No exploring Ravenclaw tower, no Carrows, no Spitting at McGonagol, no calling DA members, its Ooh look everyone turned up nicely. The Whole feel of the movie seems erratic, the fight scenes are just pure chaos ( and not in the good way). For some reason there is no evacuation plan, just students just stand there and look scared, not bothering to fight. And These i can Understand for time restraints, and i appreciate the work that went into the film.

But to deny Dumbledores Speach to harry when he is in Kings Cross was cheap. They completely flattened his character, you hear nothing of justifying himself, or appologising to harry, not to mention dumbledore did look surprisingly like God in that scene...... The other Scene that really annoyed me is that after the pensive scene, harry goes and tells everyone he's going to Voldemort. The whole point in the book is that it is Harry's Acceptance, and doesnt want a hoo haa about it, instead Hermione hugs him and Harry walks off. completely ruining the effect of it.

I genuinely feel let down by this part, especially as they ranted and raved about how "close to the books these films are" and yes, Part 1 was Fantastically close to the books, this one however is not, and i guess i wanted tehm to go out with a bang, and to be honest it more resembles how Voldemort dies- he jsut goes Poof, an becomes black dust, no expeliarmus, no group fight - poof.
    The movies have never completely gone along with the books. This one was the closest to the book of the 7 as far as I can tell though, but yes it would be utterly confusing if you had'nt read the books. I wouldve liked to see what you talk about, but its Hollywood, certain things get axed out of the plot, be it to keep the PG rating, shorten the time of the movie (and cost), or for some unknown reason. I would give the movie 9/10
    Last edited by TheGiant89; 2011-07-18 at 02:56 AM.

Voldermort's death was treated as something that was very insignifigant, no one even cared a little. Very good movie until Voldy dies then it gets a 1/10 from me.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkiey View Post
    Yeah i see where you are coming from, the death scene was look BOOM... ok hes death ... that was just plain to fast ....
    And the really really really messed up the 19years later part... and i really really really find that messed up, just like you said the kids had lines and all of them had kind of... not just Albus Severus ..... even at that part harry forgot to say "it did with me" wich was a big deal in the book since he never told any1 of his children that!
    Yep exactly. Like oh hey guys? KA-BOOM! have fun everyone! I didn't really like the 19 years later ending, Ginny had lines, Hermione and Rod had lines, their kids had lines..and Harry not saying "it did for me" was a big let down too..that was a big part of it as well. I really don't know how JK could have let them release it with so much important details missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelos View Post
    I never got myself to read the last book, so I really didnt know what to expect from these movies. I just got to say that I would have never imagined that the series would have that fucking lame ending. Like, I was amazed how lame and "happy" the ending was. What the hell, I actually thought that Harry would have to sacrifice himself to kill Voldemort or some shit but no, everybody survived and Voldemort was defeated just like that? I don't know if it's better in the book, but wow jesus christ that was so lame!
    He did sacrifice himself though, that's what the whole scene with Dumbledore is all about. The book is much better than the film (pretty much all the books are) but if you hadn't read the books then you don't really notice the difference, except all the parts that don't make much sense.

Voldemort's death was a weird one, no YAY HE'S DEAD! Just a quick jump to 19 years later and Harry's kids are off to Hogwarts. Something my SIL asked me as well..how the hell did Luna get into Hogwarts before the trio?? That made no sense either.

I love the film but it could have been 1000x more better if they hadn't left out so much detail. Like in part 1 Ron (in the book) explains why they can't say Voldemort's name any more (because he put a curse and the death eaters show up where ever you are when you say it) but they left that out of the movie and my SIL (who hasn't read the books) asked me why they kept saying he-who-must-not-be-named instead of Voldemort when they had been saying Voldemort for ages! That's why in part 2 the death eaters show up at the cafe and at the Lovegood's home..little details like that explain a whole lot more to people who haven't read the books. I'm also still annoyed JK killed off the best house elf in the entire world as well
    Last edited by crystal; 2011-07-15 at 09:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The movie ended 3 hours ago. I'm up for work now. Fml. Good film though, I enjoyed it =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Read all the books and enjoyed them.
    The Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows pt1 movies were a complete disappointment, so I'm ready for the last movie installment to be a let down.
    If it isn't, at least I will be pleasantly surprised
    Last edited by Kerath; 2011-07-15 at 10:09 AM. Reason: clarity
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

It gets a 5/10 from me. Didn't tug at any heartstrings, but it also didn't shit down my throat either. A solid thumbs-sideways.