Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    • Fire Scorpion and Flamewaker corpses no longer provide loot or reputation when they’re eaten by Hell Hounds and Fire Turtles.
    Em what? First time i heared that turtles can eat scorpions. Only thing eaten i have seen was a flamewalker with 7 dogs on him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    tha majority of them, probably, yes
    It's quite easy to look at WoL and see who took what damage. Even easier for Blizz to see and ban any 'top' guild who exploited.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    It's quite easy to look at WoL and see who took what damage. Even easier for Blizz to see and ban any 'top' guild who exploited.
    I wouldn't call it an exploit. Its clever use of blizzards mistakes and flaws using a pet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selxxa View Post
    Nerfing Ragnaros already? Boo-urns, Blizzard. Boo-urns.
    Oh please, it was a very minor increase in the Enrage timer. I doubt this change will even effect you and your guild personally. Everything else were justified bug fixes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DissPanda View Post
    I wouldn't call it an exploit. Its clever use of blizzards mistakes and flaws using a pet.
    Isn't that exactly what an exploit is? Abusing a flaw in the game?

I wonder does this make the fight easier now, if you take hunters, locks & UH DKs and force the pet to stand in front of the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Isn't that exactly what an exploit is? Abusing a flaw in the game?

I wonder does this make the fight easier now, if you take hunters, locks & UH DKs and force the pet to stand in front of the boss.
    No, an exploit is abusing a game bug. I think It was Ensidia that used 25 soul stones in TotC. Not exploiting ANYTHING, but just something that was overlooked by developers.

Interesting updates for the firelands raid ... o.0

Deleted
    PTR's are so handy.

Deleted
    I think they'll need the 18 minutes for 290,5 Million hitpoints

Loving the TCG artwork, specially the kitty form, looks amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by DissPanda View Post
    That would be exploiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Toinouze View Post
    The enrage timer doesn't mean anything, I don't think the fight lasts 15 min...
    Oddly enough they decide to increase the enrage timer, hmhmhmhmh. Why do that if the fight wont last 15mins?

Quote Originally Posted by SEPHY View Post
    Oddly enough they decide to increase the enrage timer, hmhmhmhmh. Why do that if the fight wont last 15mins?
    for guilds with low dps that are carried by their healers? there was a thread last night active with people discussing the nerfs, and some member of paragon showed up, telling people they didn't even know about the enrage timer, since they had yet to wipe to it

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    tha majority of them, probably, yes
    till you provide proof (which i'm sure you will not find), this is just you talking out off your ass :3

Proof? Look, he still melees his main aggro target, be it a prot warrior or a turtle. Do you know how hard a turtle gets hit? Cleave damage aside, that turtle is going to get one shot unless you chain cooldowns, and I mean like 6 Disc Priest worth of cooldowns. Until somebody shows video proof of a turtle tanking Fandral for more than like ~20 seconds I'm not believing it; even though I doubt many guilds did this.
    You don't need all those cooldowns. A properly specced turtle can tank it just fine. Considering Blood of the Rhino increases all Healing done to the pet by 40% and you have every healer in the raid spamming it, and also Avoidance (a passive ability to all hunter/warlock pest) reduces Area of Effect damage by 90%, and Domo's scorpion cleave counts as AoE damage.
    So the fight goes like this
    --Warrior pulls boss
    --Turtle taunts off warrior
    --Entire raid stands BEHIND scorpion
    --Entire raid gains 100% damage buff
    --Every healer spams Turtle Tank
    --Domo turned into Patchwerk style DPS/healing race because he never leaves Scorpion form
    --Boss Dies
    --????
    --Profit!

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    fan art is nice. does anyone know what the reference is for the one of the group of humans?
    It's from the TCG card Withdraw, from the Heroes of Azeroth set.

Artist is Phil Parks.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleom View Post
    You don't need all those cooldowns. A properly specced turtle can tank it just fine. Considering Blood of the Rhino increases all Healing done to the pet by 40% and you have every healer in the raid spamming it, and also Avoidance (a passive ability to all hunter/warlock pest) reduces Area of Effect damage by 90%, and Domo's scorpion cleave counts as AoE damage.
    So the fight goes like this
    --Warrior pulls boss
    --Turtle taunts off warrior
    --Entire raid stands BEHIND scorpion
    --Entire raid gains 100% damage buff
    --Every healer spams Turtle Tank
    --Domo turned into Patchwerk style DPS/healing race because he never leaves Scorpion form
    --Boss Dies
    --????
    --Profit!
    Boss is immune to the pet's taunt, and always has been. I'm also not sure how the pet will keep up threat the entire time, he can't be a target of a rogue's misdirection, and the DPS/Healers will still generate threat (albeit at a slightly reduced rate, that's part of the concentration buff.) Have you done this fight, and have you done the fight on heroic? Have you seen a specced turtle tank it just fine? Or are you making assumptions?

Regardless, it's a moot point now. The cleave hits the pet now, and even with the 90% reduction it's too much damage to heal through. That said, I still don't think it was possible for more than a few cooldown's worth of damage protection. Unless somebody releases a video we'll simply never know.