Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffjobx View Post
    note;enrage timers are a gear check.
    Partially. It's also a way to make the bosses tactics more challenging. A mistake, like dropping Al'akirs debuffs, could cause a wipe due to soft enrage/hard enrage. No gear can fix a 100% damage buff being lost.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Buffjobx View Post
    note;enrage timers are a gear check.
    Lol, 100% accurate.

ie, they do die to standing in fires.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam View Post
    Partially. It's also a way to make the bosses tactics more challenging. A mistake, like dropping Al'akirs debuffs, could cause a wipe due to soft enrage/hard enrage. No gear can fix a 100% damage buff being lost.

Agreed but the example used isn't completely accurate. I have gotten H Al'Akir kills after dropping a fairly large stack in P2.

Unless you are one of the 19 guilds doing H Ragnaros, you dont rly know if the fixes change anything for those guilds. If it makes it easier or harder. As for gear and saving ID, its something officers discuss in each guild and decide if the amount of gear they have is enough for a kill or if they need to obtain more. There is always ways to improve your raid dps, such as stacking a particular class that is overpowered for particular fights and such and in general using a particular setup that will balance the lack of gear. We can only wait and see if a kill will take place soon, but according to my Spiderman senses, there will be a kill within a few days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    balroc hc is far from bugged/overtuned, you just need people dont screw up crystals for 6 minutes. regarding ragnaros hopefully a kill is coming as soon as the damned servers come up!
    Oh yea, it's definately the crystals wiping the top guilds! Not the fact the world first kill was done nearly a minute into the enrage.

I thought I'd never do this.. but.. /facepalm.

Combustible will always be reapplied to Living Meteors, even if the attacking character dies as a Meteor Impact occurs.
    >> is that means that 5sec cool down is removed??

Quote Originally Posted by Jeongsoo View Post
    Combustible will always be reapplied to Living Meteors, even if the attacking character dies as a Meteor Impact occurs.
    >> is that means that 5sec cool down is removed??
    no.
    enough words
    "DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

Many tuning fixes to P4, and for them to incrase enrage timer, they're pretty much accepting it was too difficult. Therefore, some guilds must be pushing P4 at least :O

Slightly disappointed, was secretly hoping for a little nerf to balerocs health or an enrage timer increase on heroic. Shit boss

Deleted
    I hope it takes Guilds another while before they down Ragy
    I like hearing people saying its too easy and they havent even touched him yet

Someone will down him today I suspect

This thread is funny =)

Pop quiz: Do you really think the boss stays at 10% HP for the final phase?

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    So, with todays hotfixes Raganaros should finally be killable.

After almost a week of practice I fully expect a kill within the next 20 hours, so probably before the EU servers come up.
    Unless I've missed something, doesn't Staghelm still need to be downed on Heroic, too?

Several locations which could be used to avoid damage from Engulfing Flames have been adjusted so they’re no longer safe spots.
    This could be a game changer, maybe they were using these safe spots, and now need to readjust. Needless to say Method were still in there last night at full pace. Hope the servers come up soon!

Deleted
    Wait what?
    I thought Noxa was the only guild who got to p4. All the 25 man guilds didn't have attempts long enough to get anywhere near it.

So somehow I doubt there'll be a kill until a few hours or more after EU realms come back up, since they're eu.

And as far as i know all these fixes do is make p4 actually doable, it's not like they're nerfing it to the ground.

Deleted
    I would not be fussed if a kill didn't happen - we've had bosses that haven't been killed for months in the past - and if its going to take them re-run after re-run of FL to upgrade all of their gear, then so be it - I'm actually dreading the race for Deathwing's kill now - people just don't seem to have any patience anymore.
    Last edited by mmocf4ececadd2; 2011-07-13 at 08:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by john67 View Post
    Wait what?
    I thought Noxa was the only guild who got to p4. All the 25 man guilds didn't have attempts long enough to get anywhere near it.
    Based upon? Not every guild is sharing any data. What's been rumoured is that Paragon got a 6% wipe on Rag, which will be well into phase 4.

I'm fully expecting whomever extends their Rag lock will kill him before anyone who decides to start again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam View Post
    They are overplaying the game. The amount of time they spend raiding during progression is on unhealthy levels. How can they ever do something "right" when the players play like that? The game is quite decently tuned for the average wowplayer. My guild, which isn't that bad, will probably never kill Ragnaros Heroic.

It's not the game, it's the players simply.
    Agreed. If they tuned it hard so that Guilds like Paragon took months to clear Firelands, no one else would stand a chance. It's not about Blizzard turning WoW into a casual MMO, it's about certain Guilds being a step above the rest. Even fairly hardcore Raiders would struggle to clear the content if it was all tuned around Paragon/Method levels.

Quote Originally Posted by john67 View Post
    Wait what?
    No, Noxa are just the only ones trying to brag and get attention, everyone else is..you know, doing it instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    This thread is funny =)

Pop quiz: Do you really think the boss stays at 10% HP for the final phase?
    Ummm....wait I know this one!

The answer is no right?

Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    Will they ever get it right for the Hardcores? :X
    Will Volkswagen ever get a Golf fast enough for a F1 driver? :X
    The Fogelmensch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    All your problems in this game have the easiest of solutions. And they're usually caused by you in the first place. The sooner you see that, the sooner they're all solved.
    Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.
    Kosh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    Sad that it was another Sinestra again. You wouldn't think Blizzard would forget how fast Hardcores push through hardmodes, especially with almost half the amount of bosses.

Will they ever get it right for the Hardcores? :X

---------- Post added 2011-07-13 at 12:35 AM ----------

So true. Maybe enter the instance once or twice and wait 7 months for new things to kill in a week or two.

You do realize that both Paragon and Method thought that T11 lasted a little to long don't you? They look to clear content extremely quickly they can't/don't want to keep up their extremely punishing raid schedules for more than a few weeks.