need help for the boss in Through a Glass, Darkly

So im on the "Through a Glass Darkly" section of the staff quest. I have tried either my raid demo spec, or affliction spec with my fel puppy for spell lock and dispells, but I am having a real hard time defeating the boss. I usually try sending in the puppy, and spell lock and dispell on CD, then just run around dotting the boss, and avoiding the breathe, but when the add comes out, it all goes south. Any suggestions to defeat this boss, just let the puppy tank? etc.

Thanks
    Figit

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only raid 10 man, and our mage is the one getting the embers first unfortunately.... however, i can suggest maybe a good Demo pet tanking spec? I haven't looked too in-depth at the quests and what the requirements for the quest your on is, but either Demo pet tanking spec, or affliction pet tanking would be good. Either let the fel puppy tank, or even the vw. Just make sure you pickup the extra 10% heals from demon armor and improved health funnel maybe?

Ive read about a more survival based affliction spec that I may try out. But I have also noticed that sometimes the pet will bug and just stand in 1 place on the platform.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Use petattack/petpassive macro's to fix that problem. It most commonly happens when a melee pet can not attack physically hit the target when you first send it in to attack. Clearing your pet's target, and then sending him back in should fix it. Petpassive is the best stance to use for any pet class, and then macro in pet spells and attacks into your normal rotation abilities.

Go Aff/Demo, drain and DoT.

I didn't have to change anything about my specs, just used Affliction.

I just tried it again, and im still having issues. Tried both aff and demo. Either I pull aggro from the puppy, or the when the adds are out the puppy dies and then I quickly die. And Im doing very little dmg to the boss. Longest Ive gone is 3 adds. Do we have to kill the dragon or do I get assistance from the npc?

At about 25% you get like 100% haste, so you'll kill it a little faster but honestly it's not that useful, the buff doesn't last that long. It's all you on that dragon

Dot up the adds as they come and try to get your pet to tank it, save your soulburns to resummon it.

I'll let you know when I get my other 14 embers.

even thou I am finding this fight a little frustrating at times, I am slowly piecing together info from others, and greatly appreciate all your help. This is a fun encounter thou.