Red face New to Wow and Need help creating a macro. Plz.

Was wondering if I could solicite some help in creating a rogue specific macro...yet a bit complicated. I apologize in advance for my noobness here.

Heres what I want to do. Hopefully this will work across server (in Pugs).

Both whisper and cast to my FOCUS target the following WITHOUT loosing my target on the boss
    -"You have rec'd Tricks of the Trade" (Note: would love it to link from Spell book).

A buddy of mine who just recently quit playing WoW wrote the following macro for me about a month ago but darned if I can get it to work for a focus target or an individual from another server (IE: Tank we got in my pug group).

/target NAME OF PERSON
    /script local u,pi="target","Tricks of the Trade";if IsSpellInRange(pi,u)==1 and GetSpellCooldown(pi)==0 then SendChatMessage("You got "..GetSpellLink(pi).."!","WHISPER",nil,UnitName(u)) end
    /cast Tricks of the Trade
    /targetlasttarget

Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.

I don't know how to do that in a macro, however, I use Raeli's Spell Announcer (sorry, doing this on an iphone, can't get the link on Curse for you) to do JUST THIS THING!

It also lets them know when Tricks has ended, AND HOW MUCH DAMAGE tricks gave them

BTW - It's great for other classes as well.

Thanks for the RSA suggestion although I think that will be a bit too spammy for my taste. But I will try it. I use the macro shown above for the tank that always shows up for our raid. Im just needing something that I can use that will work on someone that i designate as my FOCUS target, IE:A person in a random heroics (wherein you might get someone from another server from your battlegroup), and do it without loosing my original target.

I would recommend RSA as well, and take the time to set it up so it's not spammy. But since you were so kind to provide a place to start, this should do what you want, without changing your target and should work cross-realm in randoms.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /run local s="Tricks of the Trade";if GetSpellCooldown(s)==0 then SendChatMessage("You got "..GetSpellLink(s).."!","whisper",nil,GetUnitName("focus",1):gsub(" ","",2)); end
    /cast [@focus,help][]Tricks of the Trade

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator