Thread: Prot PvP

Deleted

Prot PvP

Wot stats should i be stacking for Prot PvP and how should i gem for it? Ideally it'll be for RBG farming once i setup my team, any help with be appreciated

Deleted
    I asume you will be the FC in your team. I havnt seen so many protpaladins in RBG but I suggest you should just stack resillience all the way! Just get full vicious / ruthless in ret and put res gems in them and socket res! Tell me how it went later if you did go for it. Cheers

Deleted
    I've tried prot-fc myself, but somewhy raidleaders still prefer ferals or prot warriors or even bdk.

I don't think protpally-fc is that bad though, albeit other tanks seem to have slight advantages.

All resil and mastery for pvp as you are a fc and if not then you are doing it wrong :P

Deleted
    If I'm not mistaken - block doesn't work when tank is being attacked from behind or being flanked. Also it has no use against magic damage.

So mastery is unlikely a worthy stat to boost in rbg.
    Last edited by mmoce329d07590; 2011-07-15 at 11:05 AM. Reason: friday

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Full Resilience!

In blue; staminaIn yellow; resilienceIn red; stamina/strength or resilience/strengthSo much stamina as possible, and you're good to go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzzor View Post
    In blue; staminaIn yellow; resilienceIn red; stamina/strength or resilience/strengthSo much stamina as possible, and you're good to go.
    Have to disagree with this. Resil all the way in PvP, as much of it as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resi all the fucking way

10+ Year Old Account
    Resil & stam mostly (assuming you have a high damage weapon.

Any problems you may have with how hard your hitting will be solved by vengeance.

As for how popular pala tanks may be for pvp, they cant really do much themselves but they are pretty good at defending objectives/carrying flags & between a glyphed avengers shield & rebuke they can be nice as hell for locking up spell casters & because of various CD's they excel at surviving long enough for backup to arrive.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally love prot PvP, i just started in cata and havent looked back. I still have yet to get into higher rating arenas, mainly because there are few people on my server who want a prot pally in there comp. If anyone has any ideas id love to hear them. Bgs wise i do great, not just as FC, i have led BGs and i have come very close 3 time to getting the wrecking ball achievement at lv 85.

Sockets wise, i use Red; strength Blue; Crit/resil Yellow; obviously Resil
    i dont use stam simply because i dont feel that it will have a major effect on my survivability.
    and mastery imo is completely useless.
    message me if you'd like and i can link you the guide i use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruckus View Post
    Crit/resil Yellow
    Crit is wrong, I assure You.

Prot palies are terrible for RBG's no good teams will run a prot paly. Honestly you need to either recruit a prot warrior and you go Holy or Ret. DK's are used as FC's but usually they are very effective in the hands of someone who knows blood pretty good. I am not kidding I'm over 180 wins so far in a steady guild group and we have faced exceptional and terrible teams and none ran a prot paly as a FC. However they are decent at guarding flag points like arathi basin.

Deleted
    it's unfortunately true. pallies suck for manoverability we have ONE ability that can be dispelled for it ( if your flag carrying)
    compared wariors charge/interveen/intercept/leap most with non-shared cooldowns
    Ferals who have charge and shifting
    dk's who have AMS and can't be slowed slower than 70?
    we have freedom and nothing else as prot, holy has cleanse and ret has cleanse