Page 1 of 42
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects spoilers (read at your own risk)

One of the guys over at Scrolls of Lore managed to get his hands on a copy early, and well... there's some interesting tidbits he's divulged.

In-depth spoilers here, courtesy of Anasterian.

- Sabellian is Nefarian and Onyxia's very direct brother.

- Archbishop Benedictus was evil after all, and is the enigmatic cult leader named the "Twilight Father." He apparently answers to Deathwing directly. What this means for poor, sweet Grand Magister Rommath is unclear, though I swear to god heads will roll if...

- Ahem; Alex and Ysera are apparently blood related siblings, though the male aspects aren't.

- One of the villains/monsters is a five headed hydra with a head from each of the dragonflights named "Chromatus," who gets defeated and imprisoned... probably so he can be a raid boss in the future.

- It seems increasingly unlikely that Thrall will become the new Earthwarder. Good news.

- The main focus is apparently on Northrend, the Arygos stuff, and obviously Thrall.

- Benedictus has taken Arygos' sister hostage, a heavily pregnant blue dragon named Kyrigosa.

- Alex disbands the Wyrmrest Accord, and blows up that large orb thing in the temple to symbolize it.

- Remember Nalice, the black dragon in Wyrmrest Temple during WotLK? Turns out she mysteriously vanished around the time of the Cataclysm.

- "What the fel" is now officially a canon cursing phrase. Awesome.

- The immortal Jaina/Thrall pairings still haven't become old, and apparently to this day rumours are still flying about Orgrimmar's bars regarding their "relationship…"

- Dragons apparently like to use their mortal forms when it comes to "physical affection." "One of the great pleasures of the elf-like forms they both felt so comfortable assuming was that skin was more sensitive to receiving a loving touch than scales." Uh-huh…

- Here's a big one - Nozdormu ADMITS that he will become the new Infinite leader, and that his absence from the world was due to him trying to rectify "what went wrong" somewhere down the road that led to that fate.

- Thrall meets Taretha/Blackmoore/Medivh in the CoT. He also takes his companion Snowsong with him, though sends her to Jaina for protection later. Don't do it Thrall, she's the fucking Twilight Prophet!

- Thrall mentioned being a prisoner to the Alliance and how the "unlikeliest of rescuers" came to his aid. An obvious reference to the Goblin starting area.

- Green dragons take on kaldorei forms because of their relationship with Malfurion. Red dragons take on sin'dorei forms (I assume they’re not differentiating between blood and high elves), and blue dragons generally take on human forms. Bronze dragons take on whatever form they feel like.

- Krasus dies. In other news, Knaak rams a bulldozer into Blizzard HQ after reading this.

- In an alternate timeline, we see King Arthas Menethil having married Jaina and... living with Varian in Stormwind, with the Kirin Tor having lost a member of the six and Terenas having died by some other means than Arthas' sword. Ooer.

- In the alternate timeline... Thrall dies in infancy. Blackmoore goes on to train his would-be army himself, and pretty much becomes a giant badass with popular support. He takes down Orgrim Doomhammer one-on-one and enslaves the orcs, though secretly forges a pact with them in order to... destroy Lordaeron. Under Blackmoore's command, this new super army conquers Lordaeron, kills Terenas, Uther and Lothar, and installs Blackmoore as king. Varian and Arthas flee. Lordaeron is thus ruled by Blackmoore and his treacherous advisor - none other than Kel'Thuzad. Prince Uther Menethil is Arthas and Jaina's son.

In other words, fate is funny. Lordaeron still fell to the tyrannical Blackmoore over Arthas, Terenas still died, Kel'Thuzad still became a scheming sidekick to the big villain, though in this timeline the Doomhammer was shattered.

This comes full circle around the middle of the book, where Noz connects the dots and tells us that, as the leader of the Infinite flight, he was essentially behind everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Anasterian
    It turns out that Nozdormu had divided himself into the course of time and reality and forgotten his own first lesson and became stuck. Thrall helped him remember - unknowingly - and now he was back. Thrall tells Nozdormu that Blackmoore had been chasing him and Nozdormu simply says he's an agent of the infinites. When Thrall asks how he knows the other bronze dragons turn attention to him... and Nozdormu says that there is a disturbing conclusion he made with all of his knowledge.

Everything is connected (shocker, armrite?). While trapped in the moment, Nozdormu saw many different things and started drawing connections. The altering of time to make Blackmoore a monster, the Emerald Nightmare, the Twilight dragon attack on the temple, the madness that inflicted Malygos and Neltharion... all the events were connected in some great plot to destroy the dragon aspects and their flights... "to eliminate all chance of order and stability".

He then asks Thrall if he know why Nozdormu had lost himself in the first place and Thrall shakes his head. "I was there to try to understand something dark that came to be. How to prevent that. You asked me how I knew the infinite dragonflight was behind Blackmoore'sss creation and liberation... I know this because... I sssent him after you."
    - Ysera has a vision of her death, along with Alex and the other aspects. She sees the twilight drakes proclaiming their victory in the skies of Northrend, and here's the kicker - Deathwing is dead too, impaled on the temple.

- During the Nexus War, the blue dragons under Malygos' leadership were cooperating with the Twilight's Hammer and Deathwing privately. Arygos, who's his father's most trusted lieutenant, was responsible for killing those blue dragons who were opposing the Nexus War and later sold his clutch sister Kyrigosa to the Twilight's Hammer, for breeding twilight dragons and... chromatic dragons.

- Nozdormu said that the force that wanted to tear down the dragonflights had started ten thousand years ago. The betrayal of Neltharion and the black flight, the Emerald Nightmare, the Infinite Dragons, and the Nexus War were all connected via the same purpose: to exterminate the dragons who were charged with protecting Azeroth.

- "The Embrace," which happens only once every four hundred years, is a celestial event that the blue dragons revere the highest. Dragon legends speak that the two moons were created by the titans when they were shaping Azeroth, and so the new Aspect is not chosen depending on election or power binding, but relies on the choice the heart of the flight makes and the moons as the "wills of the titans." So it was actually the titans who chose and empowered Kalecgos as the new Aspect of Magic. Thrall witnessed the whole event, but it does seem to massively contradict (and possibly retcon) the legendary staff quest that chronicles it too.

- Arygos flees to the Eye of Eternity after failing at succeeding his father as the Aspect of Magic, but meets his end at the hands of King Blackmoore. He trusted that Blackmoore, as his ally (under the banner of Deathwing), would help him kill Thrall and reclaim his rightful throne, but Blackmoore strikes him unaware right through the skull when Arygos was about to fly back the surface of the Nexus. Turns out this was his punishment for failure, as decreed by Deathwing.

- Infinite dragons are actually working with Deathwing. They altered the timeline, and sent the agent (Blackmoore) to take down Thrall. They twisted to the true timeline to disrupt reality, thus destroy the world in the process. King Blackmoore from the false timeline did undertake Deathwing's command.

- Bringing Chromatus to "life" requires lots of energy, and where would this power come from? From the Nexus of course, where Malygos drew the arcane energy from ley lines around Azeroth. Benedictus uses Arygos' blood as some tool to activate it, transferring the arcane energy stored in the Nexus to revive Chromatus. That's why this chromatic dragon is so powerful, to the point that even four Aspects combining their power could not match him. And with some of the blue dragons apparently having worked with the Twilight's Hammer during the Nexus War, there might be a hidden purpose regarding why Malygos wanted to control that much of energy. But anyway, the latter part was unclear in the book.

- King Blackmoore's weapon is a big broadsword named Fleshrender. Although he's a strong chap with a lot of power in the false timeline, his true personality did not change at all. During the final duel, when Thrall gains the upper hand, King Blackmoore begs for mercy just like in Lord of the Clans. Although Thrall shows some compassion this time, he knows that Blackmoore should not exist in any timeline and killing him is the only way to correct it, thus he strikes the final blow.

- Deathwing is a very busy little bee, and doesn't personally show up much. He saves Benedictus towards the end and commands him to lay low in Stormwind for a while, and to recruit more Twilight followers into the cult.

- Deathwing himself is on edge. He had also heard about the Twilight Prophet's prophecy, which states that Thrall would defeat Deathwing. Since everything he's thrown at Thrall so far has failed (including Arygos), it seems poor little Neltharion will need to work a bit harder to fix that particular problem.

- Thrall cannot become an aspect. As a formidable shaman, he has the ability to help the family "get back together," but he himself is physically 100% unable to become one. It seems the "Thrall will become the new Earthwarder" crowd just took a critical hit.

Full story synopsis by Thunak on page 17!
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2011-07-19 at 04:44 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    This "Chromatus" sounds very interesting... Very.
    And Sabellian, the black dragon from Blade's Edge who had a thing for Gronns.... Intriguing.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    - Sabellian is Nefarian and Onyxia's very direct brother, and will apparently play a large role. Which is great.
    Now I'm interested. Do I sense the smell of Draenor? Oh, yes. I do. Tears of Outland-haters will roll...

10+ Year Old Account
    So, what is it supposed to be? A new expansion? Patch 4.3?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeyann View Post
    So, what is it supposed to be? A new expansion? Patch 4.3?
    The new novel.

10+ Year Old Account
    yay ive been wondering about that guy

when i made a thread about a revamp of out land a few months ago i included him as a major character

- Sabellian is Nefarian and Onyxia's very direct brother, and will apparently play a large role. Which is great.

- One of the villains/monsters is a five headed hydra with a head from each of the dragonflights named "Chromatus," who gets defeated and imprisoned... probably so he can be a raid boss in the future.
    sure is good that Mr Sabellian finally gets some spotlight, hopefully he'll play a part in the deathwing raid. as for "Chromatus", i'm hoping for some-sort of cross between chromaggus and ossirian if he'd turn out to be a raid boss,dat'd be fun. "OH LAWD! HE'S WEEK TO HOLY! PRIESTS, SMITE!" :3

10+ Year Old Account
    The new novel.
    Oh yeah, forgot those existed.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wonder how the novel will play out, i personally dont read them i just get the jist off the forums and wiki, its cheaper that way and i spend more time reading real books

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    i wonder how the novel will play out, i personally dont read them i just get the jist off the forums and wiki, its cheaper that way and i spend more time reading real books
    Dragons, setbacks, ilogical decisions to "create" new content in-game, dragons, Thrall's flaws, some teasing and a dozen more dragons. All combined in a big bag of twilight meant to make ca$h.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope Sabellian decides to hate his father and the rest of the black flight bc of his fathers part in creating the Nether dragons(taking the eggs to outland) and becomes a sane earth warder.

Quote Originally Posted by Imtaurne View Post
    I really hope Sabellian decides to hate his father and the rest of the black flight bc of his fathers part in creating the Nether dragons(taking the eggs to outland) and becomes a sane earth warder.
    but no black dragon is born un-corrupted, it dun rightly make sense for him lorewise to be anything but the same as nefarian :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannz View Post
    but no black dragon is born un-corrupted, it dun rightly make sense for him lorewise to be anything but the same as nefarian :3
    \
    Don't forget tho, he has mentioned some hard feelings with the rest of the black dragonflight

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hethalion View Post
    Dragons, setbacks, ilogical decisions to "create" new content in-game, dragons, Thrall's flaws, some teasing and a dozen more dragons. All combined in a big bag of twilight meant to make ca$h.
    ... Moving on.

10+ Year Old Account
    When is the book supposed to come out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sabellian was a pretty cool guy, according to Wikipedia he was also a friend of Rexxar ( http://www.wowpedia.org/Sabellian ).
    I wonder if he becomes the cool, chaotic neutral new Earthwarden. I'm excited. Keep spoiling (-:

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Sabellian was a pretty cool guy, according to Wikipedia he was also a friend of Rexxar ( http://www.wowpedia.org/Sabellian ).
    I wonder if he becomes the cool, chaotic neutral new Earthwarden. I'm excited. Keep spoiling (-:
    That's what I'm thinking. And it's not just according to wowpedia, you may wanna do Blade's Edge as a horde char

Archbishop is Twilight father while Rommath could be the Twilight prophet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starsurge View Post
    When is the book supposed to come out?
    It's actually coming out on the 19th. So pretty soon. I will snatch it up. You can order it online at Amazon in hardcover form now. They even have a set "Want it before the 18th?" on there.

Check it out.

Deleted
    Give us more Thrall spoilers, since, you know, it's a Thrall book.