Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Hmm... are all you firemages doing the flying part? In my guild they let the shadowpriest fly the first time, and then they say "never change a running system", so he is always doing the flying... and with not flying I am not sure if there is even a point going fire for this fight... What do you think?

25man mode 60k seems to be the par....im sticking with arcane so I don't go up...but my guildie mages can do around 60k-68kish...

Armory
    Less QQ More PewPew, The Golden Rule...

Apparently it's 106,277.3

Tips for the fight:

1. Mastery.
    2. /cancelaura Hot Streak
    3. Tricks of the trade.
    4. DI

After I started to use /cancelaura I was seeing 200-250k ignites to combust off of during the ground phase instead of 90-100k.

It might not be apparent from the crazy amount of damage it did, but that first combustion in my log was only impacted to one of the adds.

If it had spread to both of the adds, and the fight lasted another 15 seconds I probably could have done ~150k dps.

Its a damn shame, I doubt I'll ever see a combustion like that again.

uh oh dumb question..why does /cancelaura hot streak help so much? I understand you end up being able to hard cast pyro because of the haste buff most of the time, but why does that keep ignite munching down so much?
    Last edited by Straif; 2011-07-29 at 06:36 PM.

Without it, you will be firing a Pyro and a HS proc at the same time if you are spamming your Pyro button. This will cause them both to hit the boss at the same time (and they should crit from buff), which is one of the chief causes of ignite munching.

With the macro (used appropriately), you will fire a Pyro every ~1 sec, while ignite ticks every two. Supposedly this allows ignite to stack like it did back in Wrath, but I have yet to master this technique and therefore can only speculate on the results.