Little tid-bit about me: I've been playing since 2005, when an ex introduced me to this game. Used to play Ragnarok Online from Middle-High School until I got hooked on this game. From Vanilla-WotLK all I did was PvP via World; Arena and Battlegrounds. Then my interest started shifting towards Raiding, so from the end of WotLK until the end of February I joined various hardcore raiding guilds and completed content at a decent rate, getting my shattered title at the end of February. One day when logging on I realized I was just logging in out of habit. Needless to say, I canceled my subscription and then a couple months later started reminiscing about the old Vurtne videos I used to watch, and doing stupid 2's teams in TBC that somehow worked and I realized what it was I really loved about the game; PvP!

Now that's just me, and everyone's different - but I looked back to see on when it stopped being fun for me, and I think it was literally there just wasn't any cool content for PvP, and with all of the interesting content for PvE they were releasing, it was just natural to switch gameplay. PvP was just grinding constantly grinding the same battlegrounds for the last few years, and unlike raiding or PvE which required your attention, you could just autorun around WSG and not really make any contributions but still get reward, which wasn't much of a reward; it was simply required to keep up. (I will however say, there is nothing else in the game I have found that requires as much focus and coordination then arena.) As of now; there isn't two game styles to this game anymore. I've actually seen more PvE players in Battlegrounds simply to get more PvE gear. So complete guestimate I would ratio PvP-PvE players somewhere around 25%-75%.

tl;dr version: Raiding is more appealing because there is always fresh rewarding content, PvP feels boring and hasn't come back yet.

I started thinking, if I was a developer - what changes or additions would I make to the game that would keep a steady balance for both PvE players and PvP players? So I thought back,For me the best expansion in the series was TBC. As a PvP player it was a ton of fun as most PvE players PvP'd as well. In almost every zone in TBC there was some PvP initiative that had a reward for both playstyles - and not just access to some dungeon with a raid boss. You had Hellfire Peninsula towers to combat against, and back when everyone was in that area - they were constantly being fought for. There was Zangarmarsh, there was Spirit Towers in Terrokar that helped you farm for gear, and then there was Halaa. The 65-67 leveling zone that was always filled with level 70's constantly battling for dominance and tokens for rewards. Not to mention the introduction of arena and EoS. EoS is definitely far from my favorite battleground, but it was still a notable addition. WotLK came around and there wasn't much PvP content. The introduction of a new arena maps was great, as there's a nice added strategy to each map, and a couple new battlegrounds - but what else? What World PvP incentive was there in WotLK ( Please let me know if I'm incorrect )

Howling Fjord: None
Borean Tundra: None
Scholazar Basin: None
Dragonblight: None
Grizzly Hills: Daily Quests that Flag you, but there is no incentive other then any other Daily Quest
Zul'Drak: None
Icecrown: None
Storm Peaks: None

Cataclysm PvP launches included Rated Battlegrounds and more Battlegrounds. What Cataclysm World PvP incentive is there?

Vash'jir: None
Twilight Highlands: None
Deepholm: None
Hyjal: None
Uldum: None

So I don't create too big of a wall of text; the big question I'm trying to ask here is:

If YOU were a developer - what changes or additions would you make to the game that would keep a steady balance for both PvE players and PvP players? An explanation of how this would benefit/balance content for both types of players would also be helpful.

Thanks guys! Apologies if I come off opinionated. WoW is and always will be my favorite game, I'm not intending to QQ or come off whiny, I'm just hoping to get some ideas rolling to possibly put up on the Suggestions forums or something.