Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FattyXP View Post
    So far we've seen Nefarian return as the "end boss" of Cata T1. (Sin is a "special" heroic only boss so it doesn't count.) Now we have Ragnaros as the end boss of Cata T2. This whole expansion seems to be themed around trying to bring back the feeling people had in classic/vanilla wow. They revamped old world, and brought back a couple old end bosses. Lots of focus on old things and bringing old things back (za and zg too) I fully don't expect to see a completely new and fresh tier end boss this expansion. EDIT: Besides Deathwing of course, forgot about that when I was making the OP >.<

Which tier end boss do you think they'll bring back next? I don't really think they'll bring back Kel'Thuzad YET AGAIN because the whole scourge storyline kind of climaxed with Bolvar. The usual "plaguelands, northrend, and killing the lich king were merely setbacks..." doesn't really fit here, but Ner'zhul could still corrupt Bolvar and start another uprising of the scourge and return Kel'thuzad to the world of the living again I suppose.
    C'thun is also a possibility I guess.
    The bosses from upper and lower blackrock could make a return I suppose, though it doesn't make much sense story line wise. Also we could see Ossirian the Unscarred, with Uldum being "unearthed" and all. Pretty much leaves nothing else but burning crusade bosses, which are probably on reserve to recycle during the Sargaras expansion that will likely be wow 5.0 (to end the storyline and try to get everyone into Titan/Diablo3)

So what are your thoughts and opinions on what we'll see in 4.3 and beyond?
    retarded fucking post is retarded.
    1: they brought back nef and rag because it makes fucking sense. its not like the fight is in any way the same on either of them OR they even look the same
    2:your forgetting about alakir and cho'gall, both new end bosses
    3: next raid is war of the ancients caverns of time
    4: blizzard has at least 3 more expansions planned
    5: titan isnt comming out till 2015

Have some of you just not done these 'recycled' fights or are you just completely clueless? None of the fights with old encounters are anything remotely like the old ones to the point where the only thing 'recycled' are the models of the bosses themselves, and in that case it's really only Nefarian that's recycled with Ragnaros being a completely remade character model. So what is it you guys are all upset about exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    the new nefarian is 99% diff from the old one, the simularity is the name

same for raggy

post would not exist if it was

neflevian
    ragnagos

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    retarded fucking post is retarded.
    1: they brought back nef and rag because it makes fucking sense. its not like the fight is in any way the same on either of them OR they even look the same
    2:your forgetting about alakir and cho'gall, both new end bosses
    3: next raid is war of the ancients caverns of time
    4: blizzard has at least 3 more expansions planned
    5: titan isnt comming out till 2015
    no it doesnt make sense. not even from a lore stand point. I mean really, undead nefarian? is deathwing the lichking now too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    no it doesnt make sense. not even from a lore stand point. I mean really, undead nefarian? is deathwing the lichking now too?
    ragnaros made sense lore wise, it was known sice t1 we didnt kill him

also nef is more Frankenstein than scourge

10+ Year Old Account
    I can only imagine the tears when characters such as Mal'Ganis and Kil'jaeden eventually show up again.

"Didn't we kill that guy in Sunwell already?"

"Didn't we kill that guy in CoS in Wrath?"

When in the end, we know since the moment these bosses were defeated that they'd be back someday. Just like Ragnaros.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Because no one brought anything back from the dead until the Lich King?

Deleted
    "See how the Shadowflame reanimates their bodies" Nef says in his encounter, Yeah, he REANIMATED Onyxia, not Resurrected, that's why he talks to her as if she is an object and not a conscious being.
    Not only the Lich King can Reanimate / Ressurect people.

Ps You seem like a person who reads Harry Potter books and then complains when Voldemort keeps coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    ragnaros made sense lore wise, it was known sice t1 we didnt kill him

also nef is more Frankenstein than scourge
    the problem i have with ragnaros is that this expac is supposed to be about deathwing, and they sprung ragnaros (among other people) into it as lore and raid content. i know i know they both work for the same god. whatever. but this xpac has turned less about deathwing and more about the old gods which is fine, just stop passing it off like deathwing is even the central figure here.

either i can infer that deathwing is just the segway to something involving the old gods or blizzards creative department is clearly grasping for straws here.

---------- Post added 2011-07-15 at 05:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    "See how the Shadowflame reanimates their bodies" Nef says in his encounter, Yeah, he REANIMATED Onyxia, not Resurrected, that's why he talks to her as if she is an object and not a conscious being.
    Not only the Lich King can Reanimate / Ressurect people.

Ps You seem like a person who reads Harry Potter books and then complains when Voldemort keeps coming back.
    i dont touch harry potter. but if you wanna see the same character get killed and come back then more power too you. I'd like to see new characters rather than the same character come back with the all ending crutch of "he's a zombie!!"

would you like it if a car dealer consistently tried to sell you a 1945 car with new paint?
    No but I'd love it if they gave me a fully restored 1960's GTO for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    you obvioualy never did fucking bwl nub. nefarian brings back hundreds of dead mobs to attack you. if he can why wouldnt his MUCH more powerful father be able too?
    Last edited by Bladeface; 2011-07-15 at 06:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    deathwing is just a poster boy and someone for you to focus your blame on the entire cataclysm..the main theme of the expansion is the four elements

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    you obvioualy never did fucking bwl nub. nefarian brings back hundreds of dead mobs to attack you. if he cant why wouldnt his MUCH more powerful father be able too?
    yo you need to chill the fuck out. and because i just spend the last 2 years dealing with lore based around undead. I don't want to spend another expansion around the lichking but with fire.

never mind the fact that its a complete cop out in terms of story "you kill the villain but guess what?! he's a zombie! so you kill him again but guess what?!?! he's a zombie again!!"

the problem i have with ragnaros is that this expac is supposed to be about deathwing, and they sprung ragnaros (among other people) into it as lore and raid content. i know i know they both work for the same god. whatever. but this xpac has turned less about deathwing and more about the old gods which is fine, just stop passing it off like deathwing is even the central figure here.

either i can infer that deathwing is just the segway to something involving the old gods or blizzards creative department is clearly grasping for straws here.
    No expansion will ever fully focus on one enemy.

TBC had Illidan on the cover but Zul'jin from out of fucking nowhere, Karazhan for shits and giggles, some gronn to kill some time, and Kil'jaeden finishing off the expansion. Wrath had the Lich King as a "focus" but with Malygos looking for some spotlight, Sartharion and Halion setting a few things in motion for Cataclysm and then Yogg-saron stealing a lot of the spotlight.

Cataclysm so far actually has every raid to do with the same faction as Deathwing (except Baradin Hold, but we tend not to count the PVP loot pinatas anyway).

Odds are N'zoth will be the Kil'jaeden to Deathwing's Illidan.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    the new nefarian is 99% diff from the old one, the simularity is the name

same for raggy
    While i agree that NONE of the "Recycled content" are similar enough in mechanics to compare I will say this.

1) People are still angered by Kael, he had no reason to have lived. Even if Raggy was "Only banished to firelands" seeing the same bosses more than once is frustrating. Personally for me i feel frustrated by blizzards lack of creativity and that they have more or less said "Eh were tired of thinking up new stories... lets just use an old one!" not so much from the perspective of the fight itself or the raid local but the fact that they seem to have given up coming up with anything new, THAT is what frustrates me.

2) The fact that there has been NOTHING new in cata. Final bosses in cata raids, Cho'gall, Nef and Raggy. YES Cho'gall is new to cata but he is not in anyway new to warcraft lore. If it was JUST Cho'gall that was an end boss of a raid then no one would be complaining, even with the seemingly odd merger of him with C'thun (I'm drawing a blank on what actually happened) Except that in the comics Cho'gall was killed and "Somehow, amazingly, survived!" Its the same kind of annoying and unexplained resurrection that Kael had.

While the Nef/Ony fight is in no way like the old fight its true that those characters have been used and used and used. lets ignore the rehash of lvl 60 ony to lvl 80 and call it "Blizzards anniversary event" Ony played a big role, so did nef and seeing them being brought back would not have been a big issue, again if it was only them. Though i think that the whole "Deathwing brought them back!" Storyline is a little weak and i guess thats my problem with most rehashed bosses is a lack of explanation as to how they came back except "A wizard did it."

Raggy was redone as well, in the same vain as the others, IF raggy was the only thing redone it probably wouldn't have been a big deal, especially since unlike the other bosses we KNEW raggy was still alive. There was no need for a "Weak story" to revive him, we knew we didn't kill him in vanilla.

4) (There is no 3) The fact that they redid the troll raids into 5 mans. It seems that the aggravation here does not so much stem from the expansion of the ZG/ZA story lines but rather their removal of the old raids to add something lack luster that people will be bored and irritated with in a week or two. Its like them remaking thundercats, if they do it wrong they are going to piss me off because that was something i loved (For its terrible 80s qualities) from my childhood. The same thing with ZG/ZA. They didn't just paste new health totals on it and say "Look lvl 85!!!!!!1!!!" But they DID destroy something wonderful and memorable to put in new content. This is my beef with ZG/ZA.

5) All and all it seem like too much reuse of old bosses, characters and instances at once. As it is people were still made about the, more or less, copy and paste of naxx at the beginning of Wrath. Finally, years later, people are becoming indifferent to naxx 2.0 and new they reuse a TON of things at once. It brings back the same feelings of "Oh here we go again"
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Deleted
    Sinestra doesn't count because before this she was just a dragon flying around in shadowmoon valley
    And what were Nefarian, Onyxia and Ragnaros doing that weren't like Sinestra? You know, they were way easier to kill back in Classic WoW with their few abilities, not even sure we can call them Raid Bosses now, compared to today's raid mechanics they were more like a 5man boss, or a bit nastier trash, like Pyrelord packs in the new Firelands?

So yeah, everyone who fought them back in the day, know these encounters were nothing like today. Still few phrases remain the same just to put a smile on our faces

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I can only imagine the tears when characters such as Mal'Ganis and Kil'jaeden eventually show up again.

"Didn't we kill that guy in Sunwell already?"

"Didn't we kill that guy in CoS in Wrath?"

When in the end, we know since the moment these bosses were defeated that they'd be back someday. Just like Ragnaros.
    HAH!!! A FAULT!! You see, if you actually paid attention to the script after you defeat Mal'Ganis instead of waiting for loot to drop, he doesn't actually die. He flees.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwingtipshoes View Post
    Remember, the books are not canon in game. They have either ignored or retconned books content when it conflicts with what they want to do in game. And there is always the correct answer for when you have story like problems:

"A wizard did it"
    Rhonin did it!

I read somewhere else that it was Blizzard that stated Ner'zhul was dead. In one of their Lore panels, or one of the other Q/A things... I'll have to go find it.

Deleted
    Onyxia, Nefarian, and Ragnaros.

Good characters with good story give depth. Reoccurring characters are just reoccurring characters
    Opinions opinions. I liked the Nefarian story in BWD and I like Ragnaros coming back in Firelands as well.
    Both make sense and the characters are charismatic and well written.

Quote Originally Posted by KnickKnack View Post
    HAH!!! A FAULT!! You see, if you actually paid attention to the script after you defeat Mal'Ganis instead of waiting for loot to drop, he doesn't actually die. He flees.
    That is exactly what the person you are quoting is saying. Just like Kil'jaeden and raggy. They are not dead, just defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia View Post
    Rhonin did it!

I read somewhere else that it was Blizzard that stated Ner'zhul was dead. In one of their Lore panels, or one of the other Q/A things... I'll have to go find it.
    I have no problem with that, the issue is that if blizzard didn't come out and say it and just had it published in a novel then its not worth commenting on due to their readiness to ignore the novels. I'd honestly prefer if Ner'zhul is dead and done with and for once we could move on with our bringing back things we have killed.

Does no one that likes the new "Redo" of characters get frustrated with the idea of "But we already killed that!"
    Last edited by mrwingtipshoes; 2011-07-15 at 06:14 PM.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.