Poll: Biggest pet peeve

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got a bad spine injury and i hate chair kickers ...unfortunatly i,ll ask once nicely but a guy my size generally only asks once next time i wont be nice .had it with a group of teenagers this guy kept kicking my chair soooo reached around grabbed him by the legs dragged him over and put him on the floor and stood on him every so often poking his back with my foot to emphasis how annoying it was.

also helps that i know the people that work in the local cinema gotta love been in a small town and knowing everyone lol.but that and all of the above you posted op .....there is a special place in hell reserved for people that take advantage of women ...and talk at the cinema(shepard booke)
    Faith Manages

10+ Year Old Account
    My personal pet peeve isn't what others do...it's the cinema itself. Like the seats, it's like they're designed to be purposely uncomfortable so that you're unable to snooze through the latest hollywood "blockbuster" that your idiot friends dragged you to *grumbles grumbles*. Instead you just get a sore back from the chair, sore eyes from the abomination that is 3D, you're seething inwardly that someone as talentless and annoying as Shia LaBeouf can become a hollywood star (proving that there must be a God because surely Shia only got where he is through a deal with the Devil), all the while not even being able to talk properly to the people you're with because the brain dead masses surrounding you can't follow the oh-so-subtle-it-might-not-even-be-there plot as it is, never mind if someone in the near vicinity is talking quietly to his friends...Not to mention that you have to (over)pay for this fantastic experience...

....Popcorns nice though.

Deleted
    I think I have two....

One is when you are sat between two couples or have different parties either side of you, and they either keep snogging (if they are a couple) really loudly, or they keep twittering and whispering between themselves

The other is when its a really popular film that tons of people have come to watch and about half of the cinema is full of kids, chatting and laughing and saying things like "OMG" out loud when something "Amazing" happens..... >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    I hate the people that sit next to and say stuff like "watch this bit its great" or leak little spoilers as the film goes on as they've seen it... I walked out of transformers 3 as my mate had seen it before and kept doing this exact thing.. When I watch a film I want to experience the film at my pace not being told or pre warned of whats coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    All of the above.
    Sit down, shut up, sit still and turn your fucking phone off.
    Then we can all enjoy the film.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    All of the above.Sit down, shut up, sit still and turn your fucking phone off. Then we can all enjoy the film.
    When someone's phone went off during the climatic final showdown of harry potter, i remember someone yelling out, turn off your damn phone! I've been waiting ten years for this!

10+ Year Old Account
    Loud talkers.

2 stories:

-I was watching Transformers 3 at the midnight release, and I had this extremely stereotypical large black woman with an extremely large amount of bad perfume next to me who felt the need to comment on EVERYTHING. Well, one of the previews was for Twilight (/puke), and I was forced to hear exactly what this large woman would do to Taylor Lautner if she met him IRL. She also was talking through the whole movie, trying to tell the characters what to do (run Bumblebee! Don't do that, he's right there! etc.)

-Watching the original Cars a few years ago. Now I know that this movie attracts young children, but their parents need to teach their kids how to act at movies. We had this kid in the theater (who must have been only 4 or 5), who kept asking obvious questions and trying to talk to the characters. "Why is Mater sad?", "Drive faster Lightning!", "Fix up the town Lightning!", were the things he kept shouting through the movie.

---------- Post added 2011-07-16 at 12:06 PM ----------

Also, I think that there should be a new anti-cell phone ad during movies starring Samuel L Jackson.

SLJ: Thank you for coming to the theater to watch a movie. Now I'm trying to enjoy it, so SIT THE FUCK DOWN, SHUT THE FUCK UP, TURN OFF YOUR GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING PHONE. Thank you for not being a motherfucking bitch!

I hate it when people talk really loud in the theater. I'm alright with having a quiet commentary with your friends, but keep that at whisper level.

However. The loud guy babbling during Green Lantern added to the experience and actually made it memorable.

"Dis moovie is stupid!"
    "Hez dah chozen one! He cant doo dat!"
    "With this costume, I'll get Asian girls for sure!"
    - Judge Malthred revealing my avatar's inner thoughts

Deleted
    People who ask you to stop eating your bought popcorn... its a ffeifiinvdk movie, its expected!

Also when i was young, about 10, a really tall person was infront of me, with his or her much smaller wife/husband, so my sister kindly asked them to switch for me, to which they declined, which i found a bit harsh and vicious

10+ Year Old Account
    Loud talkers.

"OH NO IM JUST AT THE MOVIES I CAN TALK"

"SHHHH SHUT UP"

"*Sort of whisper but builds back up to original loudness* THE KEYS ARE BEHIND THE REFRIGERATOR?? WELL YOUR GONNA HAVE TO MOVE IT"

-.-"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    Also, I think that there should be a new anti-cell phone ad during movies starring Samuel L Jackson.

SLJ: Thank you for coming to the theater to watch a movie. Now I'm trying to enjoy it, so SIT THE FUCK DOWN, SHUT THE FUCK UP, TURN OFF YOUR GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING PHONE. Thank you for not being a motherfucking bitch!
    I love this idea <3

Cell phones. Period. And talking is very irritating too. I was watching Iron Man 2 and the annoying girls behind me had something to say about EVERYTHING. "Omg he's so full of himself." "Omg its so loud." Omg. Get out of this theater.

Bastit: You seem like the kind of guy to go into every thread and just troll. I'm sure there was a time you walked into a movie theater and got mad at someone for talking on the phone or throwing popcorn or kicking your chair. If you haven't, then you're not really old enough to have anything to say in this thread. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastit View Post
    \

please stop being a whiney little girl.... if it wasnt that you would probably complain about the popcorn, and if it isnt the popcorn you would complain of the heat index being to low, and if it isnt that popcorn and heat index you would probably complain about the soda being too sweet or too flat. people like you while you do have a right to be slightly upset ALLOW themselves to let the movie be ruined. they dont ruin the movie you let them. deal with it.

Be respectful of our users please.

sorry but it is true i will be nicer sorry.
    People like this.

Deleted
    Dont feed the troll, he thrives on attention, he wants to be as famous as that Old God expert guy, well, the theoriser who is right, a lot, and has nice speculations, but, we like him so

Just got back from seeing HP 7.5 my second time, I saw it on the midnight release for two reasons.

1. I've grown up with Harry Potter and waited at the midnight launch for books 4-7 and felt it was worth loosing sleep for
    2. Going to a midnight release of a movie, you're watching it with others that feel the same way you do and dont want to be disturbed in their movie watching experience.

First time I saw the movie at midnight and was not disturbed at all, accept for people clapping, but as I was one of them, I dont care. Second time (today 8 PM showing) their was a crying/laughing toddler, to young to comprehend or care what he was watching, someone kicking my sisters chair, and a cell phone going off. If you are going to see ANY movie, especially one people have waited so long for, and in my case one I paid a premium for (3D, decided to try it having already seen it in 2D), turn off your cell, pay a baby sitter, and control your feet!

the standard stuff. overly tall people and cell phones mainly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    The worst was when someone's phone went off during the final climatic showdown and believe it or not it was Rebecca Black's Friday as their ringtone. It was so bad people starting throwing popcorns at the person.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People that talk back to the movie... like its going to stop the dumb blond in the movie from not going into that room with a zombie/killer/crazy.

---------- Post added 2011-07-16 at 10:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vrykolas View Post
    Is that a troll or an ogre....

SPOOOILER."ZOMG! Dumbledorf dies!" before the part comes. Not this exact spoiler, my friend spoils those movies for me (or did) long before the movies came out after she finished reading the books. :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Girls who giggle at everything in otherwise serious moments.

I'm looking at you, preteen Harry Potter fans.
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

"Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who