Sub pve expertise cap?

Hey,

Was looking at elitisjerk for rogue sub pve and was wondering if the expertise should be capped? Because they do show you the cap but put the stats weight above haste?

Does it mean we should reforge every stats (even expertise) to haste, and then reforge to expertise if haste is already on the gear (while being hit cap) or we should reach expertise cap THEN reforge all haste? Or should we not reforge the expertise to haste and get as much expertise as we can without reforging or gemming for it?

Ty !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakalo View Post
    Hey,

Was looking at elitisjerk for rogue sub pve and was wondering if the expertise should be capped? Because they do show you the cap but put the stats weight above haste?

Does it mean we should reforge every stats (even expertise) to haste, and then reforge to expertise if haste is already on the gear (while being hit cap) or we should reach expertise cap THEN reforge all haste? Or should we not reforge the expertise to haste and get as much expertise as we can without reforging or gemming for it?

Ty !
    I hate to break it to ya like this, but Sub isn't the way for PvE probably best to play Combat or Assisination as Rogue in PvE
    and let the PvP rogue care about Sub expertise caps.

Oh god, Im looking for advices from pve sub rogue, which is a viable spec, that can do good dps, and is way more fun to play then those other 2 smashing buttons spec. Thank you for constructive answers, and dont reply if you never tried it.

Running with minimal Expertise is the best setup in terms of stat weights, but it's only worth it as long as dodges/parries don't mess up your rotation. I've played with 0 Expertise and I found it fine for the most part, but I advise capping Expertise because it makes the rotation more stable and allows you to off-spec Combat easily.

I wont be dual speccing pve so you think I should just reforge haste and then reforge my expertise to something like crit if haste is already on the gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Retcow View Post
    I hate to break it to ya like this, but Sub isn't the way for PvE probably best to play Combat or Assisination as Rogue in PvE
    and let the PvP rogue care about Sub expertise caps.
    sub is viable. in addtion, everybody has the right to play whatever pleases him, so, if you dont know the answer, dont answer at all.

first: never saw a pvp sub rogue running with full exp cap. we try to stay behind our opponent...no use for exp at all in pvp.
    second: unfortunately assassination is the "obsolete" specc this tier. dps?! combat's better, cleave?! blade flurry, period. Utility?! sub! survivability? sub!
    assa is on top at aoe und alysrazor flightphase. thats it.

on topic: if you're at the stylecap (481 with 2/3 precision) you reforge the following:

items with no haste -> reforge weakest stat to haste
    haste already on your item? -> reforge the weaker stat to expertise
    item with exp and haste? -> dont reforge
    my resource is yellow!

Quote Originally Posted by Pakalo View Post
    I wont be dual speccing pve so you think I should just reforge haste and then reforge my expertise to something like crit if haste is already on the gear?
    I recommend going for 8% hit (and keeping your hit as low as possible while staying above 8%), then for Haste, then for Expertise cap.

^
    this

10chars

Mod Edit: User was infracted for this post.
    Last edited by Kelticfox; 2011-08-09 at 09:34 PM.
    my resource is yellow!

Quote Originally Posted by Estival View Post
    first: never saw a pvp sub rogue running with full exp cap. we try to stay behind our opponent...no use for exp at all in pvp.
    almost every rogue that posts on aj supports 21/21 expertise for pvp. dont say there's no use for exp at all in pvp, that's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Infective View Post
    almost every rogue that posts on aj supports 21/21 expertise for pvp. dont say there's no use for exp at all in pvp, that's ridiculous.
    you got a point there, my mistake.
    i was just referring to sub pvp's stat priority (btw, taken vom aj) where exp is considered least important.

Subtlety Stat Priority: 5% Hit > Agility > Crit > Haste > Mastery > Expertise (taken from: http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/18...of-roguecraft/)
    my resource is yellow!

I main as sub pve in my raids and i aim to maintain the expertise cap, I wouldnt say it's such a great thing if ambush gets dodged during shadowdance or after a shadowstep. and backstab being your highest percentage ability in damage getting dodged isnt fun either really, sims and other optimizers may recommend against it too some extent because HaT keeps you supplied on combo points but on a user perspective while raiding having those abilities not hit their mark is infuriating.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been running without expertise and have found that at times I wish I didn't get those dodges/parries. Has screwed up my rotation a couple times. But not a game breaker. I did reforge for expertise for farm night tonight. Wanna try a combat offspec for the cleave fights. I had been running assassination up until last raid week where I tried subtly for the first time in a raid environment in cata. Absolutely love the spec, so happy it's viable again. Tank and spanks assassination still comes out on top for me in raid, but the utility omg.

I've been going with about 22-24 expertise, which makes for a whole lot more relaxed gameplay. I personally choose to give prio to Expertise after haste, just like EJ, if I recall, and I wouldn't want to go without being closed to cap.

Think about it tis the same reason for hit caps if you miss you do NO damage you cant go wrong getting the cap, besides your sustained damage is ballz anyway with that spec.

Ya know im all for playing what ya want but when it comes at the expense of 4 others (5man) 9(10man) 24(25man) when they are haveing to carry you when rogues dps as a whole is lower than it should be and you choose the lowest of the specs to play then its just a douche move.

So do your groups a favor and play whats good not what you want k
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

http://www.simulationcraft.org/420/Raid_T12H.html

check this about sub PvE damage... And please, do not answer question like the OP has if you aren't able to think about it in a clear way without being judgemental.

@ OP: according to my knowledge it is quite relevant to cap expertise, since it can be needed to keep up your rotation, you should however not do this if you need to reforge haste out of your gear for it.