Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Legendary PVP Weapon.

If it effected BoK, the target would lose 5% stats, extract it for a 10% buff to yourself.
    Buff would last 15 seconds.

Or Icy Veins, giving the mage 20% slow.

Too good, or not worth it?

Deleted
    Hum hum, I don't think it's necessary to for Blizzard to make a legendary weapon for PvP - not to mention the fact that every class and spec would have to be able to get one, or the tenuous balance would be ruined fairly swiftly.

I would like to see some chance-on-hit weapons for PvP though.

It would create way to many ballance issues with a system that is already full of them. The wpn would either add to much or do so little that its not really legendary, either way its going to screw things up.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Seems overpowered in some ways... but that said, I haven't played in a bit, so I'm not sure what par is and what's over par.

PVP legendary is a really good idea, though.

Another idea is making a 'legendary version' of each of the top PVP weapons (so all classes would be able to get one) and basically make it an improved version of the easier-to-get weapons. Or maybe incorporate some achievements required to get it... otherwise it would basically be a higher tier in the current tier.

Maybe legendary PVP weapon is an upgrade to your weapon from a certain list of hard to get achievements? I don't know, just throwing ideas out there. Balancing it all definitely would be an issue. Good idea nonetheless.
    Last edited by Sir. Triumph; 2011-07-16 at 09:06 PM.
    "In a world where absolute truth exists but cannot be known, one must live by reason and faith."

No lore behind and unnecessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah I don't think there needs to be a legendary for PvP, just grab the PvE one and enjoy destroying everyone (:

Pvp should be about skill. Not some stupidly OTT weapon.

I would feel OK with this if blizz implements what I've been dying to read in the patch notes since TBC. "Resilience gear can only be worn inside battlegrounds/arenas and be useless outside"

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP is supposedly about balance. Legendary weapons are supposed to be more about lore. PvP has no use for a legendary weapon, it makes no sense to have one, and it would fubar the balance while at the same time ruining the idea of casual hardcore pvp. Most pvpers I know cant be asked to go gather 25 things then gather 25 more then get those things bathed in fire, then cooled down in a pool of gods tears..

Silly idea.
    Farewell WoW Pandaland
    Intel i5 2.67 OC 3.3ghz | ATI 6950 850mhz OC 920Stable 950 Push 1000Insane

Make it an axe. Call it Saurfang's cleaver.

Now it has lore.

Deleted
    does not want...
    but nah i kid pvp legendary= legendary; you cant realy call shadowmourn or atesh a pve legendary, because they are so legendary that they can be used for both....
    overall i think the effect would be annoying as fuck, so nerf it to like copies a buff and giefs you a 200% version just the same.
    Da story to get it could be a solo/5-man thing where you fight in arenas all over the world to give it a pvp feel XD
    P.S. no resiliance pl0x XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post
    I would feel OK with this if blizz implements what I've been dying to read in the patch notes since TBC. "Resilience gear can only be worn inside battlegrounds/arenas and be useless outside"
    What other people read "I don't have friends and I'm not good enough to be in a raiding guild" How can this even be an issue if you're in a proper guild.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh pvp weapons not having war is truly false, n I mean the pvp weapons could have more lore then any of the weapons, I mean orcs vs humans is the start of warcraft series and it could be like....this weapon has killed {insert faction} for years, the most greatest warriors have kill with it for centuries, and ow it is your turn to have it...or something along those lines.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Rhomaioi View Post
    I would like to see some chance-on-hit weapons for PvP though.
    *twitch*
    No more mace stuns
    *twitch*
    please no

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh. I think they should be trying to keep Legendaries out of Arena/PvP. PvPers don't need legendaries to be good, only PvE scrubs need em.
    You better herp yourself before you derp yourself.

Make it an axe. Call it Saurfang's cleaver.

Now it has lore.
    made my day

Worst idea ever, pvp is MENT to be balanced adding random weapons in would be stupid. Plus pvp aint about gear its about skill and fotm specs/classes :/

No. PVP should equal balance! 2 people with the same spec should always have identical gear (gemming and enchanting aside). Now all that is left to decide who of those two is better is their skill level. Gear should never play a role in pvp. Never ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Senchae View Post
    What other people read "I don't have friends and I'm not good enough to be in a raiding guild" How can this even be an issue if you're in a proper guild.
    I am in a proper raiding guild. Take a look for yourself.
    The r-tards I end up with when I do random HCs though, are not.

Deleted
    Its meh. But a fine idea!