Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Why does no one play Halo anymore?

It was the best... then it died maybe about a year after Halo 3 came out. Discuss

The CoD era began

Because halo 3s multiplayer was a sad attempt at recreating the greatness that was halo 2s online play which just went down hill with each installment of the series. Halo 2 multi (hell even halo 1 multi) > Cod

10+ Year Old Account
    They could sense Planetside 2 coming and knew it was pointless to resist.

Because it's an xbox exclusive and consoles are old as fuck. If they released some of the newer games on PC, and released them right (Proper servers, healthy forums, patches etc) Halo would see greatly renewed success.
    1% of the Heroes control 100% of the winrates
    #occupyantimage
    #occupynaturesprophet

10+ Year Old Account
    because in halo its set guns and its pretty much who hits first there is very small skill involved maybe besides strafing the shit out of them. In cod you can set perks set guns set attachments set ways and strats along with your equipment, gun camo, tatical grenades, guns, secondaries. halo is fun for forging but cod has alot more gameplay and online. I enjoy both games, and also both fps and mmorpgs i am a rare breed of gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    Halo 2 multi (hell even halo 1 multi) > Cod
    Couldn't agree more. Halo 2 online was a blast.
    I tried playing Reach's multi the other day and the team death match boiled down to the teammates killing each other because someone got some vehicle that someone else wanted.
    I know every online game has its own douche bags, but Halo seems to have nothing but them, lol. Speaking from personal experience, I left Halo online after 2 because the community is just trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played Halo 2 mp waaaay too much and it was awesome. Halo 3 came out and it felt more like a rehash than a CoD game. At least CoD has some difference in guns between games. Halo 3 was the same shit with like 2 or 3 new weapons, different maps and the powerup things.

I'm playing Halo right meow!
    And so, my fellow Americans: Ask not what your country can do for you - Ask what you can do for your country. JFK.

Cause Halo got repetitive after the 2nd game.

CoD made a change by jumping the WWII era into MWF while Halo always stayed the same with minor modifications to health and new weapons/vehicles. And people bought into it, can't blame people who enjoy shitty games, it's just a matter of taste I suppose.

FPS is FPS. Counterstrike is free, TF2 became f2p recently. Consoles have their pros and cons, but all in all, its just a shooter...if you're into FPS genre, you play whatever is hot and popular (COD atm).

Because 1 year is considered prehistoric age in the world of FPS.

Because most people who played Halo hit puberty.

On topic, because after 2 it was the same game every time, they never even changed the Flood or the Covenant, it was the same thing, over and over and over.
    Bleh

I always hated Halo. Didn't play it online or anything, at most with a couple of my friends in local multiplayer, and it was kinda fun. the single player campaign felt like a really long tunnel with nothing particulary interesting. And whenever I say that to one of my friends, who is a die hard Halo fan, he says I just don't get the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ice216 View Post
    The CoD era began
    This is probably the best summation as to why

Aye, people will say single player doesn't matter, but it really does. Let's be honest, just like Katoamaton said, Halo was nothing but a giant hallway. Then when you get to the multiplayer, nothing changed, it was rush to the sniper and profit.
    Bleh

halo took skill and cod didnt.

im looking forward to the 10th anniversary of halo aka the remake of the first one with XBL.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysko View Post
    halo took skill and cod didnt. im looking forward to the 10th anniversary of halo aka the remake of the first one with XBL.
    Same here. I had SO much fun linking xboxes together with friends to get more people into the multiplayer

15+ Year Old Account
    ...considering people do still play Halo (hundreds of thousands online right now according to Xbox Live)..yeah.
    Pointless thread is pointless. /shrug

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting a stick with a plasma grenade is my favorite way to kill in any online game.