Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Demo - Mastery and Haste

Dear MMO Community,

I'm playing a Warlock, currently raiding 6/7 normal in Firelands (more to come soon!). I play in a 10man raid and have the desire to go Demo and switch away from Affliction.

I've been checking out different Warlocks who raid in higher settings of play (6/7 Heroic) and there seems to be a 2-way to gear.

- Go all out on Mastery, leaving haste at a 9.35% mark (Corruption 2-tick I think)
    - Level out Haste and Mastery (18.3 points)..

What seems to be the added bonus of going literally all out on Mastery (procs included) over this 2nd option?

Thanks in advance..

Deleted
    Mastery is amazing for demo, the only way to tell however is simming your toon.

10+ Year Old Account
    With Doomguard triple dipping from Mastery it's possible that ignoring the 1993 Haste "plateau" is a DPS increase, atleast in higher iLevel gear.

I'm personally sticking with the 1993 Haste for the Corruption tick and it's serving me well, though I'll be running some Sims to see if ignoring it would be better and I recommend you do the same.

I go for the 1993 haste and stack mastery personally. Also keep in mind that Simcraft thinks you have a fel hunter out the whole fight. It does not factor in that you can start better by having a felguard and opening with the felguard's demon soul and meta then soul burning out a fel hunter.

Demo has a odd (but very interesting to me at least) relationship between haste and mastery. More haste allows you to get more nukes of, which decreases the CD of meta, and in theory at least increases the uptime of meta, and the value of mastery.

I only bring this up to say that just because the "top" warlocks are running with a mastery focus'd gear set, doesn't mean that you should. They may have the haste to push mastery being superior, while you might not. Granted this doesn't bring up the idea of potentially wanting to delay meta for mastery procs/on use ability's which will negate some of that haste.

So in short, sim which is best for you in your gear, and keep in mind if haste is better for you now, it may not always be.

that 1993.. is that counting dark intent, moonkin/spriest?
    "A real man makes his own luck" - Billy Zane, Titanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://spreadsheets0.google.com/ccc...CKPti9oE#gid=7

Dark Intent + Wrath of Air / Moonkin Aura / Shadowform add multiplicatively, so you just need 1993 Haste Rating (~15.56% Haste). Providing your Raid has a Moonkin, Shadow Priest or Shaman (that uses Wrath of Air Totem), that 5% plus the 3% from Dark Intent will be enough for the next tick.

Edit: Just to clarify, you need ~24.97% Haste for the tick. 1.1556 (1993 Rating) * 1.03 (Dark Intent) * 1.05 (Wrath/Moonkin/Shadow) = 1.2497814
    Last edited by Frewt; 2011-07-18 at 01:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was debating going under the extra corruption tick to stack more mastery after I got the moonwell chalice so I could have those super juiced doomgaurds.

Made by dubbelbasse

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frewt View Post
    I'm personally sticking with the 1993 Haste for the Corruption tick and it's serving me well, though I'll be running some Sims to see if ignoring it would be better and I recommend you do the same.
    From my experience, you will need 1999 haste to get the extra tick in simcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    I go for the 1993 haste and stack mastery personally. Also keep in mind that Simcraft thinks you have a fel hunter out the whole fight. It does not factor in that you can start better by having a felguard and opening with the felguard's demon soul and meta then soul burning out a fel hunter.
    You sure about that?

actions=flask,type=draconic_mind
    actions+=/food,type=seafood_magnifique_feast
    actions+=/fel_armor
    actions+=/summon_felguard,if=cooldown.demon_soul.remains<5&cooldown.metamorphosis.remains<5
    actions+=/soulburn,if=!in_combat
    actions+=/dark_intent
    actions+=/snapshot_stats
    actions+=/use_item,name=moonwell_chalice,if=cooldown.metamorphosis.remains=0
    actions+=/blood_fury,if=cooldown.metamorphosis.remains=0
    actions+=/volcanic_potion,if=buff.bloodlust.react|!in_combat|target.health_pct<=20
    actions+=/summon_doomguard,if=time>12
    actions+=/metamorphosis,if=buff.moonwell_chalice.up
    actions+=/demon_soul,if=buff.metamorphosis.up&pet.felguard.active
    actions+=/felguard:felstorm

actions+=/soulburn,if=pet.felguard.active&!pet.felguard.dot.felstorm.ticking
    actions+=/summon_felhunter,if=!pet.felguard.dot.felstorm.ticking&pet.felguard.active

actions+=/immolation_aura,if=buff.metamorphosis.remains>10
    actions+=/immolate,if=!ticking&target.time_to_die>=4&miss_react
    actions+=/hand_of_guldan
    actions+=/bane_of_doom,if=(!ticking&target.time_to_die>=15&miss_react)&cooldown.demon_soul.remains>3 0
    actions+=/corruption,if=(remains<tick_time|!ticking)&target.time_to_die>=6&miss_react
    actions+=/fel_flame,if=buff.tier11_4pc_caster.react
    actions+=/shadowflame
    actions+=/incinerate,if=buff.molten_core.react
    actions+=/shadow_bolt,if=buff.shadow_trance.react
    actions+=/soul_fire,if=buff.decimation.react
    actions+=/life_tap,if=mana_pct<=50&buff.bloodlust.down&buff.metamorphosis.down&buff.demon_soul_felhu nter.down
    actions+=/shadow_bolt
    actions+=/life_tap,moving=1,if=mana_pct<80&mana_pct<target.health_pct
    actions+=/fel_flame,moving=1
    actions+=/life_tap

15+ Year Old Account
    That is a custom action priority list, using it changes the play style of demonology quite significantly and seems to give a decent dps increase.

As of right now, by default, simcraft only uses a felhunter. http://simulationcraft.org/420/Raid_...emonology_T12H

actions=flask,type=draconic_mindactions+=/food,type=seafood_magnifique_feast
    actions+=/fel_armor
    actions+=/summon_felhunter
    actions+=/dark_intent
    actions+=/snapshot_stats
    actions+=/volcanic_potion,if=buff.bloodlust.react|!in_combat|target.health_pct<=20
    actions+=/metamorphosis
    actions+=/demon_soul
    actions+=/bane_of_doom,if=!ticking&target.time_to_die>=15&miss_react
    actions+=/corruption,if=(remains<tick_time|!ticking)&target.time_to_die>=6&miss_react
    actions+=/shadowflame
    actions+=/hand_of_guldan
    actions+=/soulburn
    actions+=/soul_fire,if=buff.decimation.react|buff.soulburn.up
    actions+=/summon_doomguard,if=time>10
    actions+=/life_tap,if=mana_pct<=50&buff.bloodlust.down&buff.metamorphosis.down&buff.demon_soul_felhu nter.down
    actions+=/shadow_bolt
    actions+=/life_tap

This is taken from the default action list of the latest version of Simcraft. As you can see the Felguard to Fel hunter switch is not in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OOMM View Post
    From my experience, you will need 1999 haste to get the extra tick in simcraft.
    SimCraft is wrong, you only need 1993.

Edit: Just use an override in SimCraft to bump it up to 1999 if it hasn't been fixed yet, but you only need 1993 ingame.
    Last edited by Frewt; 2011-07-18 at 11:06 PM.

Deleted
    Did someone already test whether u have better dps with 1993 haste extra corr tick or if u just go for the immo tick at 15xx and reforge the haste to mastery?

Im realy unsure about it, cause atm with 2007 haste simcraft shows mastery scaling with 1,9 only topped by hit with 2,2. Should test it but dont have the time atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Primyprime View Post
    Did someone already test whether u have better dps with 1993 haste extra corr tick or if u just go for the immo tick at 15xx and reforge the haste to mastery?

Im realy unsure about it, cause atm with 2007 haste simcraft shows mastery scaling with 1,9 only topped by hit with 2,2. Should test it but dont have the time atm.
    The immolate tick is irrelevant. Immolate is refreshed from Hand of Gul'dan and there is no conflag to pull extra damage from the additional tick, so extra immolate ticks mean nothing for Demonology. Personally, pushing for the extra Corruption tick at the expense of mastery is a net loss for my character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Note that I didn't have much time so this was done using the default priority list, which has already proven to be suboptimal. (Note that I bumped both Haste values up a little a bit to ensure the relevant Ticks were being simulated).

1993 Haste (Corruption Tick) with 16.27 Mastery on Patchwerk gave 28120 DPS.
    1573 Haste (Immolate Tick) with 18.15 Mastery on Patchwerk gave 27992 DPS.

However, I'm going be testing this out in tonight's Raid and when I get time I'll redo the Sims with a better priority list. Right now though I can't be sure.

Edit: Wrote 17992 instead of 27992 lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so I ran the Sims again using a tweaked version of Eph's priority list (which you can find here), giving me the following results:

1993 Haste (Corruption tick) with 16.27 Mastery on Patchwerk gave 28283 DPS.
    1573 Haste (Immolate tick) with 18.15 Mastery on Patchwerk gave 28372 DPS.

So with the default priority list the Immolate profile was ~120 DPS behind, whereas with Eph's priority list (tweaked due to the fact I don't have Moonwell Challice) puts it ahead by ~110 DPS, atleast in my gear. Quite interesting :-)

Of course I only tested Patchwerk so these results aren't conclusive, but definitely food for thought.
    Last edited by Frewt; 2011-07-19 at 04:50 PM.

Yes im currently doing 6k more dps with mastery over haste i was pulling about 17k with haste after 20 attempts on target dummies, but after i went mastery im doing around 27k burst and 23k sustained dps on the dummies after 20 attempts so for me mastery is way better because you get 5% haste from raid anyway im currently at 10% haste with dark intent and will be at 15% with raid buffs so mastery is win because haste is almost taken care of

10+ Year Old Account
    That's too small a sample size to make a conclusive decision mate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frewt View Post
    Of course I only tested Patchwerk so these results aren't conclusive, but definitely food for thought.
    What is the comparison to a full Mastery priority set? What about with 1573 or 1993 or master with Lathdari's Demon Soul: Felguard action priority?

talents=http://www.wowhead.com/talent#IZIdrf0uMRdoIbb
    actions=flask,type=draconic_mind
    actions+=/food,type=seafood_magnifique_feast
    actions+=/fel_armor
    actions+=/summon_felguard,if=cooldown.demon_soul.remains<5&cooldown.metamorphosis.remains<5
    actions+=/soulburn,if=!in_combat
    actions+=/dark_intent
    actions+=/snapshot_stats
    actions+=/use_item,name=moonwell_chalice,if=cooldown.metamorphosis.remains=0
    actions+=/blood_fury,if=cooldown.metamorphosis.remains=0
    actions+=/volcanic_potion,if=buff.metamorphosis.react|!in_combat
    actions+=/metamorphosis,if=buff.moonwell_chalice.up
    actions+=/summon_doomguard,if=time>12.8|(buff.power_torrent_mh.up&buff.power_torrent_mh.remains<2.2)
    actions+=/demon_soul,if=buff.metamorphosis.up&pet.felguard.active
    actions+=/felguard:felstorm
    actions+=/soulburn,if=pet.felguard.active&!pet.felguard.dot.felstorm.ticking
    actions+=/summon_felhunter,if=!pet.felguard.dot.felstorm.ticking&pet.felguard.active
    actions+=/hand_of_guldan
    actions+=/bane_of_doom,if=!ticking&target.time_to_die>=15&miss_react&cooldown.demon_soul.remains>30
    actions+=/shadowflame
    actions+=/shadow_bolt,if=buff.shadow_trance.react
    actions+=/soul_fire,if=buff.decimation.react
    actions+=/shadow_bolt
    actions+=/life_tap
    Last edited by OOMM; 2011-07-19 at 05:24 PM.

I just simmed my toon and Mastery scales at 1.5+ while haste scales 1.2+ with my gear.

As far as I read here, The ideal haste for demo is 1993 rating with haste buffs (5% and 3% DI) and after this "cap", stack mastery?