Fraps causing lag.

Ok I was wondering if there was a way to reduce the frame rate drop when I start recording BG's normally I am running at 30-45 fps depending on how many people are on the realm at the time. but when I start recording I drop to 10-17 fps. Is there a simple fix for this?

10+ Year Old Account
    get a better computer.

Mod Warning: Post more constructively.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-07-17 at 08:52 PM.

Fraps will always reduce framerate to about half, even more on older computers. Best fix is throwing money at the problem, ie. getting a newer computer.

Or you can use some other video capture program that does lower quality but also has lower hardware requirements.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd consider ignoring the two posts above me and get another HDD to record to. Chances are you reach your i/o limit on your hard drive during recording.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Fraps will always reduce framerate to about half, even more on older computers. Best fix is throwing money at the problem, ie. getting a newer computer.

Or you can use some other video capture program that does lower quality but also has lower hardware requirements.
    Can you reccomend me a good one that will help

---------- Post added 2011-07-17 at 08:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    I'd consider ignoring the two posts above me and get another HDD to record to. Chances are you reach your i/o limit on your hard drive during recording.
    Well I have 500g still free and after I am done recording and I don't like the video I normally delte or when I am done I delete

15+ Year Old Account
    The issue is recording to the same hard drive windows is on. Free space doesn't matter

Recording to a different hard drive will increase the recording speed considerably
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    The issue is recording to the same hard drive windows is on. Free space doesn't matter

Recording to a different hard drive will increase the recording speed considerably
    Oh ok I will see if I can find me an external hard drive somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need an internal 7200 RPM HDD or an eSATA/USB3 external 7200 RPm HDD. Externals are generally slower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's because you are recording to the same drive that WoW and Windows are being read off of, just find another drive to record to and it will hardly effect your FPS

Deleted
    What fuzzy said. The HDD you record to needs anywhere between 60-80Mb/sec speed (~72Mb/sec for 1080p 60fps) to be able to handle the dataload. Your average external will not be able to manage this.