Deleted

Building a PC for a friend so he can play WoW on it decently.

Hi, my friend wants a new PC so he can play WoW on on decent settings and maybe the likes of the new CoD and BF on okish settings. I picked an Intel system and seen the Dolphin system on the front page for round about the same price and was wondering which would be better for him. Any other preferences towards components would be helpful.

CPU - Intel Core i5 2500k - £163.71
    Mobo - Biostar T-Series TZ68A+ - £92.89
    RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) - £59.99
    GFX - Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB OC - £135.99
    HDD - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - £40.98
    PSU - Antec HCG 520W - £53.58
    Case - Antec 300 - £49.66
    DVD - LiteOn IHAS124-19 - £14.99

Total: £611.79

Would a non stock CPU fan be needed? Also the case comes with 2 120mm fans included but none near the hard drive bays so was wondering about maybe purchasing one for that too.

P.S Had to un-hyperlink the components, they're all from ebuyer.com as I'm in the UK.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to want to overclock, so yes, a non-stock heatsink would be a pretty good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    This > Dolphin. You don't need an aftermarket heatsink if you're not going to overclock. And if you're not, you don't need a Z68 board.
    I'm not sure how good that motherboard is, I've never heard of Biostar :S
    Some people might suggest a different GPU brand, but everything else is good.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Non-stock cooler is always preferred. While I haven't heard of the motherboardmanufacturers in a long time, it should all work out.
    The GPU doesn't need to be better to play the game on max, the CPU, if overclocked is a good combo.

---------- Post added 2011-07-18 at 12:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
    Some people might suggest a different GPU brand, but everything else is good.
    What's wrong with Gigabyte all of a sudden? :P I had the Windforce GTX460, I'd recommend it above any other GTX460 except the HAWK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    What's wrong with Gigabyte all of a sudden? :P I had the Windforce GTX460, I'd recommend it above any other GTX460 except the HAWK.
    Blah, I didn't really mean brand, I meant to say model. Usually the pre-OC'd models cost too much for the added benefit. But that card will run cool and quiet so its a good pick.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Quote Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
    Blah, I didn't really mean brand, I meant to say model. Usually the pre-OC'd models cost too much for the added benefit. But that card will run cool and quiet so its a good pick.
    Pre-OC'd GPUs means they also, most of the time (no guarantees, of course) pick chips that are capable of handling OCing. I got mine up to 880MHz core (675 reference, so, +30%) on stock-voltage. It ran at about 10°C cooler than my HD6970 at idle, and 10°C cooler at full load. (Although the HD6970 runs at 10% and 18% on idle/load respectively :P)

If you don't play anything other than WoW, anything above a GTX460 1GiB is wasted. And it handles most games satisfactory.