Thumbs up [Recommended] Creative Gigaworks T3 2.1 Speaker System

Just arrived today and I gotta say, these speakers are awesome. I had the Logitech 5.1 ones (the ones that retail for like $100 - $130) and it's a massive upgrade. I figured they'd be about the same and I only got them because of room constraints but I was very surprised.

While the speakers are quite small they deliver very loud and crisp sound with awesome bass. They're also made with metal so very quite solid and does away with the cheap plastic feel.

I'm in love with the remote too, I can plug my mp3 player into it and play all my songs or the FM radio which is a HUGE plus.

If you're looking for new speakers these get my thumbs up. Don't buy into the hype of 5.1 speakers either!
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2011-07-18 at 06:47 AM.

I'd still take the Klipsch 2.1 or Logitech 2.1 systems over anything Creative.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    How come?

I've had the same Creative Sound System for the better part of the last 10 years... never had any problems and they've always given me excellent sound quality compared to some of the other stuff I've heard while at Uni. (I hate it when people at Halls crank their volume up to max on their tinny laptop or cheap external speakers. - you know... the kind that are mean't for personal use... not belting out to the whole neighbourhood.)

I'm looking at going for:

Creative Inspire T3130 2.1 Speaker System
    2.1 Stereo System, 2 x 5w Satellites, 1 x 15W Subwoofer, Creative Image Focusing Plate design, Wired remote control
    Order Code:
    Manf. Code:
    CRE-T3130
    51MF0395AA003
    Creative Labs
    2 in stock
    £31.64

To replace that 5.1 system I was just saying about (which apparently I've managed to give to my brother while not being home....)
    Last edited by Djinni; 2011-07-18 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    My mate has the Klipsch, it's...alright, has some issues with higher frequencies IMO.
    Only good thing would be the price but I got mine for a steal.
    Don't know much about Logitech 2.1 but the 5.1 system I had was very mediocre.

10+ Year Old Account
    When it comes to "pre-made" PC speaker systems, nothing really beats the Logitech Z-series, especially the z-5500. If you want anything better than that you're gonna have to use "real" audio equipment. Amplifiers, speakers, subs etc etc. Prices go up a lot at that point.

I've got the "smaller" version, z-5300 but even they are ~305 watts RMS and cost me ~300€ when I bought them many years ago.

Honestly if you spend less than 200€ on a NEW set of speakers, you're gonna get crap (for an audiophile) sound or at best mediocre (for an "average" person) sound.

Best advice to anyone considering buying speakers for their computer: Find a second-hand set of Logitech Z-<anything> (for really good sound, preferrably z-5500) speakers at a decent price. They'll be top of the line and last for many many years still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    When it comes to "pre-made" PC speaker systems, nothing really beats the Logitech Z-series, especially the z-5500. If you want anything better than that you're gonna have to use "real" audio equipment. Amplifiers, speakers, subs etc etc. Prices go up a lot at that point.

I've got the "smaller" version, z-5300 but even they are ~305 watts RMS and cost me ~300€ when I bought them many years ago.

Honestly if you spend less than 200€ on a NEW set of speakers, you're gonna get crap (for an audiophile) sound or at best mediocre (for an "average" person) sound.

Best advice to anyone considering buying speakers for their computer: Find a second-hand set of Logitech Z-<anything> (for really good sound, preferrably z-5500) speakers at a decent price. They'll be top of the line and last for many many years still.
    Assuming the person who had them before didn't "crap" all over them.... (Why I don't buy technology in any state but new) there's just no telling what the person before has done (or not done) to it.....

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love how he said "hype of 5.1 speakers".... Back in like 1999 or something, my dad bought a 5.1 Bose surround system, I don't think I've ever heard anything comparable. They are AMAZING, crisp, LOUD, and above all, are the size of computer speakers, but DAMN do they give an amazing surround sound experience..... Love putting Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers on the big screen and then blasting those, the intro scene is breathtaking with that loud crisp sounding movie experience.

TL;DR: 2.1 speakers are nice for room constraints, but don't say that they're for everyone simply because 5.1 is a "hype" or fad. It isn't. In the right settings 5.1 or 7.1 are AMAZING experiences.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Assuming the person who had them before didn't "crap" all over them.... (Why I don't buy technology in any state but new) there's just no telling what the person before has done (or not done) to it.....
    It's a risk I give you that but it's the same risk with anything second-hand, that's why it's called..... second-hand :P

If possible meet with the seller in person and check for any damage and also plug them in and listen to them before buying.

Honestly my ears bleed when I hear these logitech x-something something and similar sets around the 50-100€ range which seems to be oh so popular, I'd rather take my chances with a used set of quality speakers :P

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I love how he said "hype of 5.1 speakers".... Back in like 1999 or something, my dad bought a 5.1 Bose surround system, I don't think I've ever heard anything comparable. They are AMAZING, crisp, LOUD, and above all, are the size of computer speakers, but DAMN do they give an amazing surround sound experience..... Love putting Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers on the big screen and then blasting those, the intro scene is breathtaking with that loud crisp sounding movie experience.

TL;DR: 2.1 speakers are nice for room constraints, but don't say that they're for everyone simply because 5.1 is a "hype" or fad. It isn't. In the right settings 5.1 or 7.1 are AMAZING experiences.
    Yes, if you can set up your computer room to position your speakers correctly a good set of 5.1(nothing below several hundred dollars) would sound better than 2.1. That's a lot of if's for most people I'd dare to say. I for one don't want cords going across my room so for the average gamer / PC user 2.1 is simply the best option.

I bet you most people who have 5.1 on this forum have it all set up on their desk or a seperate table (like I used to) and it's just a waste really since you aren't utilising surround sound.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    Yes, if you can set up your computer room to position your speakers correctly a good set of 5.1(nothing below several hundred dollars) would sound better than 2.1. That's a lot of if's for most people I'd dare to say. I for one don't want cords going across my room so for the average gamer / PC user 2.1 is simply the best option.

I bet you most people who have 5.1 on this forum have it all set up on their desk or a seperate table (like I used to) and it's just a waste really since you aren't utilising surround sound.
    Lol :P I used to have great fun positioning my 5.1 system around my room just right... the wires are always an inch or two too short! =/
    I usually opted for putting them ontop of shelves and bookcases etc... and trailing the wires along the ceiling 8-). (since I wasn't allowed to put holes in the wall or ceiling..)

10+ Year Old Account

Don't you find it annoying not having a center channel speaker? Every time I watch a movie with a 2.1 system I find the sound really "muffled" and strange because there's so many sound sources that have to come out from those 2 front speakers. With a 5.1 system you get a center channel that usually handles the dialogue while the remaining speakers play the rest.

Deleted

I have a set of Creative 7.1 Speakers that I bought...6-7 years ago now. They are still going fine and are still fantastic sound. Fair enough, they aren't the most powerful speakers, but why do they need to be. When you have 7 speakers all throwing sound at you from different angles, believe me when I say they don't need to be powerful for it to sound powerful.

To be completely honest the speakers themselves don't make the surround sound, its the sound card you use to control them. If you have 7.1 but you are using on-board sound, then you are going to have crappy surround sound. Positioning speakers should not be hard, either wall mount them, or put them on a stand (either on a chest of drawers or free standing on the ground). Don't be afraid to nail some holes into the wall to get good positions.

If you are anything like me, sound is 33% of the game. Graphics are 33%, and gameplay is 33%. If anything is missing the experience is not complete. Play Bad Company 2 on 7.1 surround sound with CMSS 3D and EAX enabled and you will NOT go back, TRUST ME ON THIS.

Sound is so important, from movies, to games. Do not be afraid to spend £180 on a set of speakers, they will last you for a long time and you will love the sound.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I set up a custom 6.1 speaker system yesterday, since I'm in my basement right near my drumset. (yeah omg basement dweller, well these days in the Midwest USA are super hot anyways, so I'm happy!!!) 4 huge satellites from like a 500 watt Sony stereo system, then a nice ~2 year old $125 2.1 Logitech speaker set. It all sounds AMAZING. The 2.1 are my "front" speakers, 4 satellites being rear. It's all some distance in front of me or to my sides.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water