Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Yes...another one of those threads...

So I que up for a random ZA/ZG as a tank and get into a partially completed ZG and was like cool. Only 3 bosses left and I get a nifty sack and some VP's. Well one the Cat boss I realize why it was partially completed. The group sucked.

However I am one of those rare tanks that just don't go off and rage on people. I try to help them so that in the future I can have a smoother run. So I dumbed down the mechanics as much as possible. Hell I even explained to one person what they should be doing in a play by play style and we wipe cause they refused to accept they had anything to learn and they could just roll their faces.

So I attempt to kick the worst one out of the group and wouldn't you know it. No more party kicks can be initiated because they had just kicked the previous tank for "raging and telling them how to play". At this point I'm almost 100% positive that he was probably explaining things, although given the general population he probably wasn't being very nice about it. So the healer, other dps and I decided we'll just wait by the door for this person to leave. Finally after an hour he left.

/end rant.

Deleted
    You really wasted an hour of your life for a terrible pug to leave? Props to you for patience I guess...

You can always leave yourself. The cooldown is only 30 minutes (or less), you could probably have got to the same point in another ZG or ZA if you'd have just left and queued again later.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're wasting your sincerity on fools. Spend your time and mind on people you know you can trust...I hate to see the altruistic waste their abilities and knowledge on ignorant idiots.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Your a tank.. the longest you have to wait is 15 mins for the random CD.. am I missing something?
    Farewell WoW Pandaland
    Intel i5 2.67 OC 3.3ghz | ATI 6950 850mhz OC 920Stable 950 Push 1000Insane

10+ Year Old Account
    Pugs are, by definition, full of bads. If you're pugging, you're going to find bads sooner or later. The bads will not accept that they are bads and will continue to define pugs.

Stop pugging and wasting your time! D:

---------- Post added 2011-07-18 at 05:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Magisleeper View Post
    Your a tank.. the longest you have to wait is 15 mins for the random CD.. am I missing something?
    He's showing how resistant a part of the community is to accepting a number of factors that any other player with an IQ of 12 would know.
    [/url]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    Pugs are, by definition, full of bads. If you're pugging, you're going to find bads sooner or later. The bads will not accept that they are bads and will continue to define pugs.

Stop pugging and wasting your time! D:

you sound like a complete jerk 2 me, how can you live with yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnoww View Post
    you sound like a complete jerk 2 me, how can you live with yourself?
    Do you need proof? Queue up and see.

I don't think I'm a jerk because I'm stating facts. I can also live with myself because I don't place much stock in your opinion of me. I couldn't care less about what an anonymous forum poster has to think about me.
    [/url]

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I try really hard to only do heroics with my guildies.

I don't think I'm a jerk because I'm stating facts. I can also live with myself because I don't place much stock in your opinion of me. I couldn't care less about what an anonymous forum poster has to think about me.
    Thumbs up +1
    It's like we are all Red Jelly Beans in a Jar full of various colors. Every now and then they reach in and get a Red Jelly Bean.
    We know we are in there, we can see the color, we just can't do anything to speed up our being taken out of the jar -- Jelly Beans can't speak.

Deleted

I was stating facts too, you're still a jerk 2 me

10+ Year Old Account
    I was stating facts too, you're still a jerk 2 me
    You were stating an opinion, a thought you conceived with the evidence that you generated.

I was stating a fact. The queue is full of bads. What you think of ME not only has nothing to do with the fact, but it still irrelevant and meaningless in my eyes.

---------- Post added 2011-07-18 at 05:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnes View Post
    Thumbs up +1
    Why thank you Monsieur Anorexia!
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2011-07-18 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Bads, not pugs
    [/url]

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is that pugs are also, by deffinition, full of superb players. If you're pugging, you're going to find excellent players sooner or later. The superb players may accept they are superb and could be willing to accept cookies

Deleted
    You were stating an opinion, a thought you conceived with the evidence that you generated.

I was stating a fact. The queue is full of bads. What you think of ME not only has nothing to do with the fact, but it still irrelevant and meaningless in my eyes.

My opinion counts as a fact in my eyes else it wouldn't be my opinion.

Props to your patience. You outlasted that idiot and won the game.

Quote Originally Posted by smagus02 View Post
    Hell I even explained to one person what they should be doing in a play by play style and we wipe cause they refused to accept they had anything to learn and they could just roll their faces.
    Try to look up "Dunning-Kruger effect" on wikipedia. It's a fascinating read in light of what you have just experienced. Let me quote:
    The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled people make poor decisions and reach erroneous conclusions, but their incompetence denies them the metacognitive ability to appreciate their mistakes.

Deleted
    Old topic is old. But the rest of the thread is mildly entertaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    My opinion counts as a fact in my eyes else it wouldn't be my opinion.
    It doesn't matter if you think it's fact or not, it's still opinion. An opinion that I don't value and dismiss.

Proven facts > Indirect, belief-based facts.

ie. I don't like pudding, I think the consistency is gross. That's an opinion that can be seen as fact. Pudding is a gelatinous type of food. That's fact, proven by many factors; Science can prove that it is gelatinous. first-hand, unbiased experiences and anecdotal evidence can prove it's gelatinous. There is no opinion, it is a yes/no question with a yes/no answer, much like my previous statement, there are bads in pugs.

Understand the difference between the two, and understand why one is accepted without a doubt and why another can be dismissed before you even finish the sentence.
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2011-07-18 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Spelling
    [/url]

Deleted
    It doesn't matter if you think it's fact or not, it's still opinion. An opinion that I don't value and dismiss.

Proven facts > Indirect, belief-based facts.
    true but If I want to be convinced of myself and stand right in my shoes, I have to see my own opinion as a fact (might sound retarded) but it's like that, However sorry for my outburst, Shouldn't have insulted you. Having a bad day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviath View Post
    The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled people make poor decisions and reach erroneous conclusions, but their incompetence denies them the metacognitive ability to appreciate their mistakes.
    Is this what plagues the queue? Find a cure Blizzard, quickly! D:

---------- Post added 2011-07-18 at 05:57 AM ----------

true but If I want to be convinced of myself and stand right in my shoes, I have to see my own opinion as a fact (might sound retarded) but it's like that, However sorry for my outburst, Shouldn't have insulted you. Having a bad day
    Nothing wrong with believing in your opinions.
    [/url]