Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    not sure what your problem is pretty sure shadows cast time direct damage got buffed significantly mind blast is hitting like a truck and a half.
    Just from the minor experience ive had with shadow on my toon if mobs are going to die fast or cant get full rotations in ill VT everything i see maybe MAYBE SW:P if enough time and fill with mind blast and mind flay or ms/mb spam. Simple problem you dont have enough time for your dots to do any real damage(so dont waste your time. use your highest damage abilities, hell you can even spam 3 mind spike then mind blast and still pull GOOD dps even tho your mana gets eat quick) your no different than a affliction lock other than they have a non cd direct damage filler.
    You have options and the tools to not suck use them.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by snarkysnark View Post
    Damaging the tank just so I can make my dpsing a tiny bit easier seems kinda unkosher, though. But I guess it'd be okay if you leave that behaviour in 5 mans only and are conscious of the tank's health.

Actually, how much damage does Mind Sear do on the target you channel through? Is it less than the surrounding mobs? Is it less on a friendly target? Never really taken much notice.
    Not that I've ever checked, but I'm pretty certain it doesn't damage the friendly targets at all. First thing I do when I enter an instance as shadow is set the tank as focus and use him as my mind sear target for any pull that will use mind sear.

Deleted
    Mind sear of course doesn´t damage the tank or any other friendly target, if it were this way the whole grp would be pretty dead in a realy short amount of time because the sear of a well equiped spriest can go up to about 10-15k each tick ...
    Last edited by mmocb27299119c; 2011-07-20 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snarkysnark View Post
    Damaging the tank just so I can make my dpsing a tiny bit easier seems kinda unkosher, though. But I guess it'd be okay if you leave that behaviour in 5 mans only and are conscious of the tank's health.

Actually, how much damage does Mind Sear do on the target you channel through? Is it less than the surrounding mobs? Is it less on a friendly target? Never really taken much notice.
    LOL It doesn't hurt a friendly player.

"Causes an explosion of shadow magic around the target, causing Shadow damage every 1 sec for 5 sec to all enemies within 10 yards around the target."

From the 4.0.6 patch notes:
    "Mind Sear can now be channeled on friendly targets in addition to enemy targets. In addition, Mind Sear's damage has been increased by roughly 15%."
    Last edited by azza; 2011-07-20 at 02:43 PM.

I don't know if I ever use of the unique specialization Mind Sear had before of being able to AoE a group without breaking one CC'ed mob.

I find it interesting how well my shadow priest scale with buffs. If I join a party where there are no DPS buffs I do around 15k ish, but one day I was in a group with an ele shaman and a warlock and I did 23-25k ish on bosses. Pretty crazy.
    Gear Score is the Jonas Brothers of World of Warcraft