Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kahka View Post
    Ps3 havent made a single game that takes 100% advantage of the console
    What about God of war 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi View Post
    What about God of war 3?
    God of War 3 most definitely did not. It is an action game set in small-scale areas that have little to nothing to render outside of the immediate playing field, with psuedo-fixed camera angles.

If any upcoming game is going to come close to pushing the system's limits, it is likely to be Skyrim, simply due to the amount of data that the game will require the system to handle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    God of War 3 most definitely did not. It is an action game set in small-scale areas that have little to nothing to render outside of the immediate playing field, with psuedo-fixed camera angles.

If any upcoming game is going to come close to pushing the system's limits, it is likely to be Skyrim, simply due to the amount of data that the game will require the system to handle.
    I think the problem they have with the PS3 is getting round the purported bottleneck that is its RAM.

Maybe they were talking about Avatar: The game at least I hope so because if not, it's BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Fysi View Post
    I think the problem they have with the PS3 is getting round the purported bottleneck that is its RAM.
    That's probably the primary problem all consoles have. I appreciate that Nintendo is putting many times more RAM into the WiiU. Hopefully developers take advantage of it.

Deleted
    Aye the PS3 only has 256 MB of system RAM, with a 256MB Video processor, which is based around the now very old Nvidia 7800 GTX architecture. The 360 has 512MB of RAM which it shares between system memory and video memory. That's the primary problem with them

Quote Originally Posted by ramsesakama View Post
    RAM is cheap enough these days that they could easily slap 8 GB into something if they thought they needed it. Hell, go for broke and throw in 32.
    That would increase the price by about $120, no thanks

If this really happens I will sell my soul to get it >.>

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post

Xbox 720

- Fucking Magic
    Rendering from a 3d scene is totally not the same as video game that uses engine. It would take really long time to render (from 3ds MAX, or Maya) a video with quality compared to Mass Effect 2, yet it runs good on average PCs.

Still, PC>>>consoles for me, just because I like games that have separate editors, and lots of community made content ( like TES Morrowind, Oblivion, Dragon Age had).
    Life is short Glory is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by GStar View Post
    Avatar was a shit movie anyways, overrated x99999999
    It was a pretty good movie, nothing special however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Microsoft loves talking out of their ass. That must take a lot of skill.. "We have the best first party titles of all the consoles" lolno. "Our graphics will be like Avatar" yea... no.
    They do it to get people talking about their products.. and guess what? It worked.

Quote Originally Posted by eDGe87 View Post
    Why do they call it Xbox 720?

Because when you see it, you wanna do a 720 and walk away.
    Except you wouldn't be able to, since 720 would take you back where you started.
    Signature by Tacy :]

Quote Originally Posted by Thigrai View Post
    Except you wouldn't be able to, since 720 would take you back where you started.
    Someone got trolled by the oldest one in the book :S

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    Someone got trolled by the oldest one in the book :S
    Ahaha, i guess i did. And here i thought hours of "Why can we see Invincible" would make me immune
    Signature by Tacy :]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    In a recent interview an AMD executive boasted the coming XBox would provide visuals on the level of Avatar and surpass even current high-end PCs. But not only that, both Physics and AI would be making huge steps forward.

While he didn't get too concrete, this is actually the first semi-reliable source to confirm the next-gen is underway.

http://www.examiner.com/game-news-in...#ixzz1SMcwzkyy

Personally I don't believe the next-gen will be all too impressive. After all, Sony and MS will try hard to keep their production costs low and minimize the need for subvention. Then again, they are rumored to cooperate closely so who knows.

Also, while visuals and physics are nice, I always felt consoles undervalued the importance of memory. Lots of memory allows developers to create vast worlds without loading screens thus creating a much more seamless and immerse gaming experience.
    yes please =)

I'd be suprised if it could play the Avatar Blu Ray, nevermind rendering that level of detail itself. I've no doubt it'll be a step up from todays consoles, but what they're claiming just isn't possible in the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by eDGe87 View Post
    Why do they call it Xbox 720?

Because when you see it, you wanna do a 720 and walk away.
    You'd be facing the Xbox after 2 complete turns lol..

Tbh, how many people care about graphics getting much better from now? I'm more interested in the game iself, ya'kno.. if it's actually fun. If I want to look at something that's "super realistic" I'll stare out my window, then I'll go back to playing fun games when I've realised that trees are boring.

Deleted
    L O L, offer me games with real time ray tracing first.

Avatar like graphics on 1 console... yeah, right... Unless it has alien technology of course.

P.S. Nintendo will win anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaJim View Post
    You'd be facing the Xbox after 2 complete turns lol..

Tbh, how many people care about graphics getting much better from now? I'm more interested in the game iself, ya'kno.. if it's actually fun. If I want to look at something that's "super realistic" I'll stare out my window, then I'll go back to playing fun games when I've realised that trees are boring.
    Yeah I know what you mean, for me I love nice graphics and as much as people bitch about gameplay > graphics you shouldn't have to choose between the two. With that said I am completely content with the current quality of graphics games have to offer and would be happy if they remained that way, I think you can potentially reach a point where things look too real.

It would be nice if we could see some innovation in the game industry because currently it feels like developers are playing it safe and not providing many new ideas for games and instead coming out with the same thing over and over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GStar View Post
    Avatar was a shit movie anyways, overrated x99999999
    Based on actor,scenario yeah nothing special.
    Based on technology used is a piece of art.