Thread: authenticator

Deleted

authenticator

hello

i don't know if this has been said before but, when i log into my world of warcraft account, it just immediately logs in.
    that shouldn't happen cause i have a authenticator installed on my account.
    when i log into the site or starcraft there are no problems.
    but when i log into wow it just continues without even asking....
    so.... does anyone has the same or is it common cause i log on with the same computer every time, or should i do anything else?

ty

Added in the new patch, if the WoW client recognizes that you're logging in from the same IP over and over it doesn't ask anymore under that IP. But if you went to a friends or etc. you would have to input the code.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Industry View Post
    Added in the new patch, if the WoW client recognizes that you're logging in from the same IP over and over it doesn't ask anymore under that IP.
    It's not IP based, that would be to easy to abuse.
    But otherwise yeah, if you are logging in from the same place constantly, it's not going to ask you for your authenticator code every time. It's been implemented a while back.

Sorry for the off-topic, but why do people spend entire minutes creating an account and writing a post, when using Google can give you the answer in a few seconds?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    well i haven't been playing for a while and these are the 7 free days blizzard gave me and i just noticed :P
    ty for the responses

---------- Post added 2011-07-18 at 02:47 PM ----------

i have this account for a long time just to watch this forum and wanted to post something after a while :P

Its really handy if you DCed during a boss and you're healing/tanking and you have to get back in really quick!

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    It's not IP based, that would be to easy to abuse.
    But otherwise yeah, if you are logging in from the same place constantly, it's not going to ask you for your authenticator code every time. It's been implemented a while back.
    I'm not doubting your knowledge, asking a serious question. If it's not IP based how can they know you're at the same location?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Industry View Post
    I'm not doubting your knowledge, asking a serious question. If it's not IP based how can they know you're at the same location?
    MAC address springs to mind, but that can be altered fairly easily as well. Blizzard has not revealed how exactly they are doing it (probably to make it more difficult for account stealers to go around the system), but I figure it's some sort of combination of your IP address and system specs.

Well, just a note. I got a new computer, and it did ask me for my code again. So computer IP?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure it is comps IP based bc like someone said if it went by IP that would be WAY too easy for hackers.
    [/CENTER]