holy pally gemming

Im having trouble now with gear not having any yellow sockets for may meta to work......I was wondering if u guys see my gemming is correct.....if u sees any gems that can me chanced or moved around plz let me know I lost quite a few haste also was at 2033 not at 18 45
    Last edited by lilshadow; 2011-07-18 at 03:32 PM.

Deleted
    Just looked you up on the armory. I would suggest putting an orange gem in belt buckle and relic, if you really don't have gear with yellow/red slots.

PS: Get rid of the tier chest, it's not even BiS. The one you get from Alysrazor is way better.

Yeah it is a pain not having yellow sockets for our meta. If you are ok with your mana, then I would switch out some of your purple gems. I would not get rid of your red gems though.
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

As Darkhuman said. Don't know for sure if it's still viable or what sockets are needed but the wotlk one with 21 intel and chance to retore mana might be of use, though you'll lose out of intel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malicus View Post
    As Darkhuman said. Don't know for sure if it's still viable or what sockets are needed but the wotlk one with 21 intel and chance to retore mana might be of use, though you'll lose out of intel.
    With the current tier set bonus (40% chance with holy shock to gain 6% base mana) you shouldn't go oom at all. So that means you should stick to the Cataclysm meta which is very nice. I haven't been able to get the tier bonus yet, but I'm not struggling with mana at all. (this counts for all encounters on 25m)

With the current tier set bonus (40% chance with holy shock to gain 6% base mana) you shouldn't go oom at all. So that means you should stick to the Cataclysm meta which is very nice. I haven't been able to get the tier bonus yet, but I'm not struggling with mana at all. (this counts for all encounters on 25m)
    Don't know if you checked the cost and all. But 6% base mana doesn't even compensate the cost of the holy shock.

Quote Originally Posted by ysoly View Post
    Don't know if you checked the cost and all. But 6% base mana doesn't even compensate the cost of the holy shock.
    2p gives 1405 mana back.
    HS + SoW = 1234 mana.
    Get 171 mana back for casting IF it procs.
    That's assuming everyone has SoW .

But OT if it's necessary go with A red slot or belt buckle/relic. Even with 2p I was avging ~20-30k mana returned from it on a H beth full attempt (5% wipes ftw).

Deleted
    The way i deal with gemming in 4.2 is, pretty much everything is +40 intellect. The only times I use a demonseye is if the socket bonus is worth +20 intellect or more (which i haven't seen yet).
    I put the 2 orange gems in beltbuckle/relic due to the lack of yellow slots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ysoly View Post
    What's the math on that? I got 120k ish mana in the raid, 120 000 * 0.06 = 7200. -> 7200 - 1639 (cost holy shock) = 5531 mana returned.
    Last edited by mmocb5cee1a7ae; 2011-07-24 at 05:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhuman View Post
    What's the math on that? I got 120k ish mana in the raid, 120 000 * 0.06 = 7200. -> 7200 - 1639 (cost holy shock) = 5531 mana returned.
    Either I suck in math, or 5531 < 1639
    Base mana, not max mana. If it was max mana, I doubt anyone would swap this 2set anytime for the next tier at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhuman View Post
    Either I suck in math, or 5531 < 1639
    It's 6% BASE mana. Not total mana.

Deleted
    right, that's some absolute fail and my apologies for the wrong math. the 2p should regain yourself 1400ish mana, which is still better than nothing to be honest.

Yeah, it basically nullifies the cost of a holy shock when the 2p procs. Absolutely win tier set bonus imo.

OT: Like it's already been said, just put your orange gems into sockets that don't matter (prismatic/yellow sockets of any kind). You should definitely have at least 2 such locations to use (belt and relic definitely).

I wonder when we will have the Cata version of nightmare tear so we can just slam int into everything