... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FozziE View Post
    Hybridpanda just uploaded a video about it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRKDa...&feature=feedu
    that guy breaths so heavy, sounds like hes about to start crying

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arcin View Post
    Whos going to unsub because of someone they've never even talked/chatted with is banned for a gross violation of the rules?
    Because they might realise they don't want to spend more time on a game that you don't know when and for what reasons you will get banned.

thats censorship man, fucking unacceptable.
    It's their own private forums... they can do what they want? It's also against the ToS to discuss disciplinary actions on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulthaz View Post
    Why are they deleting all the topics about this on the official forums?

thats censorship man, fucking unacceptable.
    probably because the majority of people are just raging in all caps about him being banned and not actually posting anything constructive

thats normally how topics get locked when things like this happen

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    The petition is almost getting 1000signs/hour!
    the amount of signs/hour is inversely proportional to the intelligence of the participants!
    Last edited by brirrspliff; 2011-07-18 at 11:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    I can assure you, my care face is on.
    You're risking a ban on yourself and all your friends because someone you've never met before hosted an event that cause a server crash and got banned as a result. You admitted this on the most popular fan site for WoW. You have seen pictures of the server afterwards and you have been told that Blizzard has been disbanding guilds as a result.

Read all that. Now, if you just randomly decided yesterday "Eh, I'm bored with WoW" and you were thinking of a grand way to go out, you can justify doing this. Otherwise, you're just adding to the problem. I'm betting all your friends didn't decide to quit WoW yesterday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    he deserved to get banned he made money off playing the game why should he get sponsorship and prizes for playing a game and not the rest of us i hope he stays banned and they ban all the idiots that support him
    That is the dumbest thing I've read on these forums in a while. You can get paid to do anything in the world if you are good enough, don't be jealous.

OT, we'll see him back soon and the Swifty fanclub will continue to do what they do best. Even if his account was perma-banned he'd be back in a flash.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

It's mind boggling that people can be a "fan" of someone playing a video game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    it's looking out of the bandwagon!
    And you're looking out from yours! ^_^

54 pages about a guy I have never heard of ? Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    the amount of signs/hour is antiproportional to the intelligence of the participants!
    It's going to reach OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    that guy breaths so heavy, sounds like hes about to start crying
    It sounds like he's recording it from his phone, with all the noises in the background. Maybe that's why he breaths so heavy
    Last edited by FozziE; 2011-07-18 at 11:09 PM. Reason: typo

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand the problem. No-one gets away with crashing a whole server, no matter who you call yourself out to be. No-one is above the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulthaz View Post
    Why are they deleting all the topics about this on the official forums?thats censorship man, fucking unacceptable.
    There is no free speech. I wish I could beat that fact into all of your peanut sized brains. Sadly the Internet isn't that advanced yet. Blizzard =/= USA therefore you have no rights.
    May the raging winds destroy my foes, and let its soothing breeze ease the pain of my friends!

My Main: Ranko US-Garithos[A]

~~ALMOST EVERY THREAD ABOUT SWIFTY WAS DELETED FROM EU FORUMS~~
    nice blizzard
    NOT BANNING for boting/boting/boting/exploiting, but for making the game more entertained for a lot of people = BAN
    awsome.

Quote Originally Posted by FozziE View Post
    It sounds like he's recording it from his phone, with all that noises in the background. Maybe that's why
    I did not hear a thing, maybe turn up the quality >.>

I went to Stormwind City on a level 1 on Darkspear. Mother of god...
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

Quote Originally Posted by arcin View Post
    I'd be surprised if 1k+ unsub, but then 750 they'll probably resub by the end of week, possibly resulting in the lost of 250 12 year olds who pay with mommies credit card. All in all, a big win.
    This is just stupid. But before I get into that let me first say I do not condone what is being done currently on servers to protest this decision. All it is doing is punishing the players with no real outcome.

Now on to why your comment is not very mature. First off your trying to assume how many will actually quit, probably near impossible to assume correctly. He has many fans and a number of die hards each with there own personality. And each will make there own decision. I am willing to bet there are maybe 5 people who patrol these forums who are qualified to make any real guess as to how many would actually quit because of this ban so do not try to play expert when your not.

Second thing, is assuming all of these guys making level 1 characters for protests are "12" years old. A lot of people in this thread are making this assumption. Truth is, this is also a false statement. Immature people yes...young?... not necessarily. I have played with 11 year olds that seem more mature then 40 year olds so do not just assume all of these people are young or you will find your self also making an immature decision.

Lastly for anyone who does wish to protest the ban, take it to forums, us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2842886976?page=1 - The thread cap was raised so feel free to post there with your feelings on the subject. As to whether his Ban will actually be removed. I can assure you that will be between Swifty and Blizzard, and not between Swifty, Blizzard and Fans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTwist View Post
    So to say; looking at the aftermath of Swifty's ban has caused more problems than the event itself. After reading through some posts, it looks like Darkspear isn't enjoyable at all at the moment. Would be best to un-ban Swifty to make this all stop - He didn't do anything wrong after all..
    I just vote for banning everyone spamming saying he should be unbanned, I don't want those people in WoW anyways.
    And what has this prooved? Don't be a fanboy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguirrel View Post
    The way I see it is Swifty made an event. Lots of people attended the event. So many people in one spot caused the server to crash. Server gets restarted and Swifty is banned. While I do believe Blizzard does indeed reserve the right to ban anyone for any/no reason, I believe this ban is in poor taste. He cannot know exactly how many will show up, how many people are in the zone, how many people it exactly takes to crash a server, nor the ability to force people off of a server if stability is an issue. Those figures would be held by Blizzard and Blizzard alone and so I see this whole debacle as their fault. If too many people showed up at once on a server there should have been a queue instigated even though we may hate that idea.

Also in response to the rights of others' on that server, they have a right to play World of Warcraft for the money they pay. They don't get exclusive rights to play on a single specific server. Do you remember when servers were getting upgraded back in TBC getting ready for Wrath and how old servers that got replaced with new hardware went down for huge amounts of time? That was Blizzard telling players you couldn't play on your server and we gritted our teeth and bared it. This time is no different. You can't play on that one server for all of a few minutes for the server to be rebooted.
    I second that mate. Very well said.