Page 55 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    btw, is swifty on EU or US servers? im not in a place i can get ingame atm or anything :P

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I don't understand the problem. No-one gets away with crashing a whole server, no matter who you call yourself out to be. No-one is above the rules.
    Then how come athene and machinma realm have both gotten away?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crovax3000 View Post
    It's mind boggling that people can be a "fan" of someone playing a video game.
    Don't be jealous. The people with some sense love him because he's an extremely nice guy that constantly helps people, he also happens to be good at the game.

Question ToS

Quote Originally Posted by 28421326725
    Section 2, Paragraph H.

H. H.disrupt or assist in the disruption of (i) any computer used to support the Service or any Game environment (each a "Server"); or (ii) any other player's Game experience. ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DISRUPT THE SERVICE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY GAME MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS.

Again, in section 6

6.Account Suspension/Cancelation.
    BLIZZARD MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR DELETE ACCOUNTS AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU. Accounts terminated by Blizzard for any type of abuse, including without limitation a violation of these Terms of Use, will not be reactivated for any reason. For purposes of explanation and not limitation, most account suspensions, terminations and/or deletions are the result of violations of this TOU, a Game EULA or other Blizzard policy. You may cancel any Account registered to you at any time by following the instructions on the Website. Blizzard may stop offering and/or supporting the Service at any time.

Section 12, paragraph B

B.Misuse of Service.
    You may not connect to or use the Service in any way not expressly permitted by this Agreement. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you will not (a) institute, assist, or become involved in any type of attack, including without limitation denial of service attacks, upon the Service or otherwise attempt to disrupt the Service or any other person's use of the Service; or (b) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service, Accounts registered to other players, or the computer systems or networks connected to the Service.

But Cii, I don't actually read those!

Well, its time to grow up and know the rules. I suggest everyone that is participating in this whole fiasco with that warrior go and read the ToS, esp the ones that are making alts over on Darkspear.

Remember kids! Bans are account wide!

A post I made over on the blizzard forums. Not taking the time to edit it anymore

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    btw, is swifty on EU or US servers? im not in a place i can get ingame atm or anything :P
    He is in the US servers :P

Just because he is well known on Youtube the rules should not apply to him? Because of him the server crashed and the gameplay for people who don't know and don't care about him has been laggy and bad. Enough reason to ban him.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    US, which people need to learn, so they stop making people in Darkspear-EU and stop annoying them LOL
    I have a policy about honesty and ass kicking, if you ask for it, i will give it to you

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    OH, and Hitler was just making more room for his kind of people threw tactical uses of showers and pits. Come on, stop spinning negitive bullshit to make it seem,ok, you aren't his spindoctor.
    Uh, what kind of crude shit is this? BP called and they want your snarky remarks back.

It's truly sad that Swifty was banned because of some unpredictable crash, perhaps it was even an over reaction on the Dev's behalf.

In Short, BLIZZARD HEAR MY WAR CRY! Train your slaves that you refer to as "Dev's" to properly handle situations instead of blowing shit up and throwing Ban hammers at everybody.

Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    You're risking a ban on yourself and all your friends because someone you've never met before hosted an event that cause a server crash and got banned as a result. You admitted this on the most popular fan site for WoW. You have seen pictures of the server afterwards and you have been told that Blizzard has been disbanding guilds as a result.

Read all that. Now, if you just randomly decided yesterday "Eh, I'm bored with WoW" and you were thinking of a grand way to go out, you can justify doing this. Otherwise, you're just adding to the problem. I'm betting all your friends didn't decide to quit WoW yesterday.
    Look, I don't give one fuck. Not a single fuck.

In my eyes, as well as most of my guild. It was a shitty move on Blizzard's part, to scapegoat someone like that.

I don't care if it was Athene, TotalB, or some other random community figure. I think they fucked up, most of my guild thinks they fucked up, and we're going to go express that.

We're not going to spam, or break ToS, we're going to go on little alts and take up space. So, I'm not getting banned, that I can assure you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawtoxins View Post
    US, which people need to learn, so they stop making people in Darkspear-EU and stop annoying them LOL
    People have been spamming on tich and sargreras too idk why though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    but the wow community will still find things to be angry about anyway,if he deserves to get banned.then ban him,if what he did doesnt deserve him to get banned then dont ban him

ive known for a long time now because of things like 1 year of endless ICC and a summer of a content patch with barely any content in it besides lol7bosses that these are some of the reasons why the community is so bitter all the time
    so what ur bet how long people gointo keep that server broken if blizz wont unbann him?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewmix View Post
    Hold it hostage? Are you stoned or stupid?

Wait already know the answer it's the latter not the former.

It was an ACCIDENT that the server crashed. they like to build the community and as such were running a contest and inadvertently caused a crash by having too many people in the zone at one time.

Who's fault is it? Nobodies, I could see a slap on the wrist "please don't do that again", or possibly a temp ban for it. I am sure blizzard will unban him soon because of how much of a backlash there is, and how much he does for the community to develop it.

And you my fail sir....are a nobody, never will be a somebody....don't take your rage out on others because of your fustration.
    I could be stoned (but I'm not) and it's possible I'm stupid (but I doubt it).

What I am is an adult and I'm not gonna stoop to being a dick to other posters.

Have you not read people's accounts of not even being able to log into Darkspear TODAY, well after the server was restarted? Are you unaware that there are lots of people who are hell bent on keeping Darkspear unusable until Swifty gets reinstated?

Apparently not, or you'd understand the basis of my comment. But feel free to make whatever irrelevant comments and stupid insults. It really reflects well on you.

And face it, you'd have to be an absolute fucking moron to not know the server is likely to crash when you overload a zone like that. Especially if you're someone who's been around a long time and remembers what happened on some servers during the AQ opening world event.

And as far as me being a nobody, I'm good with that. Because being a "somebody" in WoW doesn't mean a fucking thing. And I'm quite secure with who I am IRL.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Deleted
    Not the first time he gets banned though.

http://wowarchive.yg.com/thread.html...12506769&sid=1

Deleted
    i got banned once, anyone wana make a protest for me? dragonmaw EU if anyone wants to go spam :P
    joking ofc

10+ Year Old Account
    The ban was deserved, he broke a rule in the TOS.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Swifty has killed me many times over the past 5 years I've been playing on Darkspear. As much as I dislike seeing him in game, I dislike NOT seeing him even more, especially over something like this. It's a crying shame this was all pinned on him, and I very much hope he can get the banned repealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    People have been spamming on tich and sargreras too idk why though.
    Thank god it hasn't reached my server (which is my secret)

Can't wait for like a week from now when no one will remember what happened
    I have a policy about honesty and ass kicking, if you ask for it, i will give it to you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidora View Post
    Not the first time he gets banned though.

http://wowarchive.yg.com/thread.html...12506769&sid=1
    best part of that thread is the troll who uses it for guild recruitment.

i kinda feel like making a lvl 1 on darkspear and going to stormwind and shouting im glad swifty got banned just to see how many pms id get from people mad at me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Look, I don't give one fuck. Not a single fuck.

In my eyes, as well as most of my guild. It was a shitty move on Blizzard's part, to scapegoat someone like that.

I don't care if it was Athene, TotalB, or some other random community figure. I think they fucked up, most of my guild thinks they fucked up, and we're going to go express that.

We're not going to spam, or break ToS, we're going to go on little alts and take up space. So, I'm not getting banned, that I can assure you.
    If he just ended up chrashing one server, it would have been a "Oh shit D:" moment on Blizzards side, noone would've gotten hurt.
    But when you then ask the stream viewers to chrash two more servers, shit gets real.