Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Trinkets for Prot... for the millionth time.

Just wondering what the best trinket set up is for the 4 I have.
    Broken Mirror
    R Symbiotic Worm
    R Vial of Stolen Memories
    Stam Alchemist Stone.

I am currently using Broken Mirror/Symbiotic Worm.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%81rk/advanced is the Armory link.

Deleted
    I'd keep symbiotic worm and mirror. Maybe if I was tanking a lot of adds switch out mirror for the vial.

Deleted
    Assuming you're following established doctrine and going for high mastery, I would ditch the worm and the alch stone.

And extra pile of Mastery is useless if you're already capped at 102.4% avoidance and part of the Alch stone's itemization is lost in the fairly useless potion bonus.

The mirror is made of win for any fight that has magical damage (i.e. pretty much every fight) and the vial has good stamina and is particularly effective for any fights with high avoidable damage phases such as tanking Baleroc's decimation blade or Shannox's enrage.

I got lucky and picked up a Spidersilk Spindle from Beth'tilac which I pair with my Mirror, but I still use Vial for some fights.

TLDR - Mirror and Vial.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I actually hadn't thought of that for the Vial... And I actually vendored it and just realized this while scouring my bank/bags...

Deleted
    Be happy - I am stuck with Talisman and Earthquake:|

Deleted
    keep these 3
    Broken Mirror
    R Symbiotic Worm
    R Vial of Stolen Memories

use mirror of having a magic cooldown will help.(most of the time)
    but use worm on any fights where you can't predict the fire damadge as if you can't predict the fire damadge the only thing you can 'try' to do is have enough hp to survive it.

There is no one best trinket setup for every single fight, optimizing your setup is dependent on the damage input characteristics of any given fight.

---------- Post added 2011-07-19 at 10:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grungit View Post
    The mirror is made of win for any fight that has magical damage (i.e. pretty much every fight) and the vial has good stamina and is particularly effective for any fights with high avoidable damage phases such as tanking Baleroc's decimation blade or Shannox's enrage.
    The Mirror is extremely useful in fights that have predictable burst magic damage. The On Use resistance is actually quite mediocre in the vast majority of "normal" fights where magic damage is maybe 20% of total damage (even fights that you would think are heavy in magic damage are not really much higher than that in reality). Some rough napkin math: the on use comes out to about 20% reduction of 20% damage one-sixth of the time, or approximately 0.66% damage reduction on average - that's good but not so compelling as to make the trinket all that great absent specific applications of the On Use portion. For example pre-4.2 nerf Nef or heroic Nef, where the trinket is arguably mandatory.
    Last edited by underdogba; 2011-07-19 at 02:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    There is no one best trinket setup for every single fight, optimizing your setup is dependent on the damage input characteristics of any given fight.

The Mirror is extremely useful in fights that have predictable burst magic damage. The On Use resistance is actually quite mediocre in the vast majority of "normal" fights where magic damage is maybe 20% of total damage (even fights that you would think are heavy in magic damage are not really much higher than that in reality). Some rough napkin math: the on use comes out to about 20% reduction of 20% damage one-sixth of the time, or approximately 0.66% damage reduction on average - that's good but not so compelling as to make the trinket all that great absent specific applications of the On Use portion. For example pre-4.2 nerf Nef or heroic Nef, where the trinket is arguably mandatory.
    i for once stil use this on gatekeeper for his flame blade. as while it's a melle thing you can stil resist it so it's heavily resisted if it gets past my dodge/parry and it's posible to block it and then have 1/2 of the rest reisted for some really low damadge taken when combined with holy shield.
    ie-> 50% from blodk -> 50% of that from resist so you have equivalent to 75% damg reduction on that attack with the fire blade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post

Even taking that into account, the trinket's static mastery and the CtC it grants to a paladin tank make it pretty godly even amongst those available in Firelands. We're not exactly inundated with mastery trinkets (or mastery in general, aside from a few plate pieces with craploads of it) so until I'm able to cap CtC without it, it'll be glued to me.