Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Angry Valor points from T11 raids.

For someone in a guild just starting in Firelands, this makes me extremely happy.
    Having to run the same two dungeons atleast four or five times every week to reach the cap
    was really starting to get tendious. Raids are always fun, even if they are previous tier!

Heh, I agree.

Why the mad smiley in the thread name? I thought this was a nerdrage post.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Deleted
    Shame they give so little :>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    Heh, I agree.

Why the mad smiley in the thread name? I thought this was a nerdrage post.
    It's a trap

I also like this.

Gives servers more of a reason and opportunity to pug raids together, and also be able to do something else besides Zul Again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swinter View Post
    Shame they give so little :>
    so little?

you can get almost half of the cap by running them. 420 vp for 2 hours of "work" seems fine to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though this change barely affects me at this point in time, I welcome it. Justice points for raid bosses just seemed so ridiculously unrewarding. For many people, even T11 normal modes are still a challenge, no matter if they're just casually playing, have dinged 85 not too long ago or just want to gear up a new alt somewhat.

I'm cool with that change

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serona View Post
    so little?

you can get almost half of the cap by running them. 420 vp for 2 hours of "work" seems fine to me
    420 VP is 3 troll randoms, easier to do those than clear 3 raid instances imo.

Love the change, I'd much rather run old raids than Zandalari heroics. Kinda makes sense too considering t11 raids are still miles ahead in difficulty compared to troll hcs (for an average pug).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    raids are easier than zandalari heroics now. doing those hcs with randoms is still a nightmare to me

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serona View Post
    raids are easier than zandalari heroics now. doing those hcs with randoms is still a nightmare to me
    Amen! I have more fun in the raids than I do in the troll heroics. Too much fail in the heroics.
    I am a filthy casual!

I welcome this change, now we have a choice between Zandalari, Tier11 and Firelands to get our Valor points

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Laserguns,

This is true however there are a few overwhelmingly strong reasons why this is a welcome change. A few of which are:

-T11 Raids are more fun than the za/zg even though they are older, this points to a design flaw in teh za/zg dungeons.
    -When doing za/zg you more commonly than not are grouped with some mouth breathing keyboard turning imbecile who is doing dps that was bad in wrath.
    -Doing the T11 raids with the right group can be more rewarding loot wise as well, plus also removing the chance at the above is always a plus

There are more im sure but these are a few of the perks. Choose your group you go with right or pug out of your guild and the T11 raids will be more rewarding on multiple fronts loot/fun/vp than running a za/zg

Deleted
    encourages t11 which is +1
    more chance of geting that last drop you never got from t11 before everyone ignored it for firelands +2
    more people experience the full t11 experience (pre-heroic) +3
    heroic halfus gear is only 6 ilevels lower than firelands normal +4
    ANY heroic t11 gear is only 6 ilevels lower than firelands normal and beter than dailies reward items.+5

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just as sick of T11 raids as I am ZA/ZG. While I don't completely agree with this little change, it might be nice to change it up now and again, especially for alts. IMHO, new dungeons would of done the trick just the same, having only 2 dungeons on a constant cycle is really, really boring.

I see this is a very nice for the casualitys but for the more hardcore raiders as myself I cant see the benefit, infact it makes me think blizzard wants to spoonfeed people even more, I know its only 34 VP but its still half a cap, I can feel trolls incomming already but before you write anything to my comment try to look through the eyes of a "hardcore" raider and try to imagine what they think, We(myself) use hours on reading tactics farm professions, farm gold practise your class ect and now people(I do not say the casual people dont read tactics ect) doing 20% nerfed content gain VP which can be used for ilvl 378 items.

Hate me if you want to, I dont really care.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty stupid, especially with the nerf that removed the last bit of difficulty from the T11 normal modes, but that's just my general opinion that every content should reward appropriate loot. So if heroics that are tuned towards green/blue geared players award ilvl 378 T12 pieces then sure, why not T11 raids as well.

Not a problem, in fact it's a good change.

We all need/want to cap valor every week right? getting them in 3 different interchangable ways insted of only one grind is a good thing imho.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathias View Post
    I see this is a very nice for the casualitys but for the more hardcore raiders as myself I cant see the benefit, infact it makes me think blizzard wants to spoonfeed people even more, I know its only 34 VP but its still half a cap, I can feel trolls incomming already but before you write anything to my comment try to look through the eyes of a "hardcore" raider and try to imagine what they think, We(myself) use hours on reading tactics farm professions, farm gold practise your class ect and now people(I do not say the casual people dont read tactics ect) doing 20% nerfed content gain VP which can be used for ilvl 378 items.

Hate me if you want to, I dont really care.
    I'm not sure what you classify as a "hardcore" raider. I've been on bleeding edge content since wrath so I suppose you can call me that. And to be honest, I'm actually happy about this. We "hardcore" raiders are already getting valor capped from doing firelands (or pretty damn close to it). So there's no reason to go back to T11 unless you're doing heroics to grab those last few pieces of upgrades, so this doesn't effect us in any way at all. I'm happy because that means it's going to be a hell of a lot easier to gear my alt up for alt runs and what not. It's not even a lot either, I doubt you'll be able to valor cap by doing JUST T11 in one week, you'll probably have to do a couple of ZG/ZA to get it.

And if you're concerned about it being too easy because of all the nerfs it's received, then do it on heroic.
    Heroic Al'akir will still sweep the floors with you if you've never done it.

Not since the nerf honestly. BoT/BWD are so easy now it is obscene.

But this is a good change.