Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Stockpiles of pyrite ore, what happened?

I remember reading a couple of months ago about lots of people filling entire GBs with pyrite ore, for future epic gems.
    How's it going, you are still mining like a maniac and stockpiling or did you have a change of heart and decided to do something else with the ore?

Deleted
    It occasionally drops below 50g a stack on my server, with red gems still selling for 100g+ and volatile earth at 15g so I buy it all when it's at 50-60g. Worst comes to worst and I need gold for something or epic gems never come, I can still easily make a profit out of it just with basic prospecting.

i believe people were expecting epic gems form it this patch, ala WOTLK style, but it never materialized obviously. to be honest, theres been very few changes to anything profession wise lately, and its kind of a bummer. sure there were a few new patterns from FL, but everyone who needed them solo farmed them in the first 2 days before the hotfixes.

Professions are a big part of the game, and help define your playstyle, i wish they devoted more time to them. also, WTB goblin car from Kezan starting zone for engineers, tyvm.

well look at it as investment pretty long range of around 10 months from the start of stockpiling till the patch will hit eventually they will be worth somthing
    unless blizzard hit us on the head with epic gems only avilable from jp/honor and transmute without cd which i dont think they will do

15+ Year Old Account
    Pyrite Ore is inevitably going to increase in price.

The way the expansion works and always has worked is there is 3 tiers of Blacksmithing Regeant costs.

Your ' Elementium Ore ' Tier. Which is basically T1.
    Your ' Hardened Elementium Ore ' (Currently). Which is basically T2.
    Then your ' Pyrite Ore ' Which is going to be T3.

I've personally stockpiled 700 stacks so far, and I think it's inevitable the price will increase, whether thats through them giving epic gems or not. I don't know. I think in a seriously worst case scenario, you'll lose about 10% of your investment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why there would be epic gems. Last time Blizzard implemented them, they had to up the bonuses on the other professions just to keep them on par with JC. JC already is minutely better than the other crafting professions with a static bonus.

I'd actually expect them to stick to what they currently have, rather than go through things the same messy way as the last expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennydabull View Post
    i believe people were expecting epic gems form it this patch, ala WOTLK style, but it never materialized obviously. to be honest, theres been very few changes to anything profession wise lately, and its kind of a bummer. sure there were a few new patterns from FL, but everyone who needed them solo farmed them in the first 2 days before the hotfixes. Professions are a big part of the game, and help define your playstyle, i wish they devoted more time to them. also, WTB goblin car from Kezan starting zone for engineers, tyvm.
    No one who knows what they're talking about was expecting epic gems this patch. Epic gems came out during ToC, not Ulduar.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I don't see why there would be epic gems. Last time Blizzard implemented them, they had to up the bonuses on the other professions just to keep them on par with JC. JC already is minutely better than the other crafting professions with a static bonus.

I'd actually expect them to stick to what they currently have, rather than go through things the same messy way as the last expansion.
    why would they need to mess with other professions? make the epic gems +50 or 55, and nothing will need to be messed with, profession perk wise

Quote Originally Posted by Nexgelu View Post
    why would they need to mess with other professions? make the epic gems +50 or 55, and nothing will need to be messed with, profession perk wise
    It doesn't affect JC, it affects Blacksmithing. Blacksmithing's bonus is extra gem sockets, BS will have a bigger stat gain than any other profession when epic gems come out. All Blizzard has to do though is go and up the numbers on all of them. How is that messy?

Deleted
    i believe people were expecting epic gems form it this patch, ala WOTLK style, but it never materialized obviously. to be honest, theres been very few changes to anything profession wise lately, and its kind of a bummer. sure there were a few new patterns from FL, but everyone who needed them solo farmed them in the first 2 days before the hotfixes.

Professions are a big part of the game, and help define your playstyle, i wish they devoted more time to them. also, WTB goblin car from Kezan starting zone for engineers, tyvm.
    Hehe we were actually hoping for a submarin made by engineers, would have been awsome. Don't understand why they can't make such things =/

Quote Originally Posted by Kcaz64 View Post
    It doesn't affect JC, it affects Blacksmithing. Blacksmithing's bonus is extra gem sockets, BS will have a bigger stat gain than any other profession when epic gems come out. All Blizzard has to do though is go and up the numbers on all of them. How is that messy?
    yeah its not messy at all when all that would need to change are a few hex values in the profession perk coding

i believe people were expecting epic gems form it this patch, ala WOTLK style, but it never materialized obviously.
    none of the serious stockpilers expected epic gems this patch they are expected with T13 since epic gems have always come with the 3rd raid tier of an expansion.

anyway i currently have a 1 and a half guild bank tabs full of pyrite mostly bought at around 120g and below its already started increasing in price on my server and has averaged 180g recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexgelu View Post
    yeah its not messy at all when all that would need to change are a few hex values in the profession perk coding
    Any game as large as World of Warcraft would have to be designed by a bunch of script kiddies if they still hardcoded hex values in for everything. They've got an easy item and spell database that can be adjusted quickly, promise.

Deleted
    Prospecting cheap pyrite ore, making pyrium bars and truegold is good source of gold right now as people unlock Molten Front rewards this week ... and for the future, the only thing that will hurt stockpiling pyrite ore would be Blizzard introducing a newer better type of ore as source for epic gems.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    i'd prefer stockpilling JC tokens and cut gems for 100-200g in the first week

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    well look at it as investment pretty long range of around 10 months from the start of stockpiling till the patch will hit eventually they will be worth somthing
    unless blizzard hit us on the head with epic gems only avilable from jp/honor and transmute without cd which i dont think they will do
    So you are still stockpiling?=)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    i'd prefer stockpilling JC tokens and cut gems for 100-200g in the first week
    Doing that also.

Got like 50 JC Tokens since I am slacking on the dailies, but will have enough to buy all the recipes when they're released I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    Doing that also.

Got like 50 JC Tokens since I am slacking on the dailies, but will have enough to buy all the recipes when they're released I would imagine.
    I think there is a plenty of time till next patch will come. Till then, i just bought any profitable JWC recipe and trying to make profit from them. I know it's nothing special having like ~ 5g profit on green/blue/yellow gems, but still, it's something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by franto View Post
    I think there is a plenty of time till next patch will come. Till then, i just bought any profitable JWC recipe and trying to make profit from them. I know it's nothing special having like ~ 5g profit on green/blue/yellow gems, but still, it's something.
    Yeah, I've spent alot on JC recipes since I am prospecting Elementium/DEing Rings etc, I think I have 2-3 for each colour gem atm. The rest are just being saved up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I remember reading a couple of months ago about lots of people filling entire GBs with pyrite ore, for future epic gems.
    How's it going, you are still mining like a maniac and stockpiling or did you have a change of heart and decided to do something else with the ore?
    What is this "mining" thing you speak of?