Motherboard help!

ok i made a post earlyer about my mobo not working ( cant post links: so here is the post in itself:

- [i bought a ASUS p8h67-m pro motherboard, for my pc build, i first did a external build, and bootet it up with a screwdriver tuching the pins, when i mounted everything togheter, plugged everything togheter it dosent boot up i even tryed without the front panel power conector and the reset conetor etc. and again with a screw driver it DOS NOT want to boot up. the Motherboard still has the green light flashing. But may my motherbord be busted?! what to do get a new?]

but in the Video guide i watch he also used a magnetic screwdriver, it shouldent hurt his mobo, and it startet that first time. I mounted the mobo realy carefully i know i did. IS it possible that the Mobo turn on one time and some system failure may have fucked somthing in the motherboard ?

Did you ground yourself to the case while installing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mihnt View Post
    Did you ground yourself to the case while installing?
    i was Discharging all the time that shouldent be the problem. also i never felt a shock NEVER thrue the whole procces

You should be grounded 100% of the time to be completely sure you don't fry something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihnt View Post
    You should be grounded 100% of the time to be completely sure you don't fry something.
    Alot of people i know dont ground themselves and have never had a problem

I also built my computer just fine without grounding myself

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Alot of people i know dont ground themselves and have never had a problem

I also built my computer just fine without grounding myself
    You keep doing that and one day you will regret it.
    I've had first hand experience when $700 worth of components went to shit because I was too lazy to keep my hand on my case or wear a wrist strap.

Anyways, back on topic. Check and make sure everything is seated correctly in your build. (Reseat the components if you must.) If everything is seated correctly, see if it will even post and also report any beeps you hear when it is trying to post.
    Last edited by Mihnt; 2011-07-20 at 12:04 AM.

but then again is it possible that its a Factury issue, even tho it bootet up one time.

A lot of people ride their motorcycles really fast without their helmets and don't get hurt, so why should I bother?

Safe computer repair practices should be practiced because they are safe, not because the world will end every time you don't.

On Topic: I would double check all your connections and if you have the means, check your Power Supply Unit as well.
    If all that yields no results, start unplugging peripheral devices (RAM, Optical Drives, Hard drives, PCI Cards) one at a time starting with the least vital to your computer running and see if there is any change to the motherboard POSTing. Basically try to narrow it down or take it into "Minimum Configuration" mode to see if some other connection/device is causing the problem.

edit: Clarity

My eyes hurt reading the last reply...spell checker is your friend! It could possibly be a faulty motherboard from the factory, hopefully it's still under warranty or the 90 day window some places have on returns. And why the heck would you "test" the board like that before building the computer? I've never heard of anyone "jumping" the pins like that and outside of a case...you just might have fried the board. Well, just chalk it up to lessons learned and hopefully you can just return it and get a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by javadown3 View Post
    My eyes hurt reading the last reply...spell checker is your friend! It could possibly be a faulty motherboard from the factory, hopefully it's still under warranty or the 90 day window some places have on returns. And why the heck would you "test" the board like that before building the computer? I've never heard of anyone "jumping" the pins like that and outside of a case...you just might have fried the board. Well, just chalk it up to lessons learned and hopefully you can just return it and get a new one.
    i realy hope so i live in Norway so i should be able to complain about it, just say thats how it was, and i never managed to start it. also i just bought it yesterday, so i should have some sort of waranty i hope if not then 130 dollars in the sink =(

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah - the best thing to do is build it on top of the motherboard box with bare essentials, actually connecting the PSU correctly, and making sure things boot. Not sure why you used a screwdriver for anything...
    Didn't catch that originally

can this damage the CPU or other pc components?

Hmmmm, this sounds so familiar. I had the same motherboard and I have built a few rigs in my time.
    I went through 2 painstaking weeks trying to figure this one out. Turns out the copper threading on the motherboard which transfers power had etching across it cutting the connection. This was caused by the video card (ATI HD4870 1G).
    There was no option for repair and because I'm not a "certified" tech I voided the warranty. Maybe take a look at that.
    Funny though, Azus said it was 100% my fault (which I have to agree I guess) and offered no compensation, and yet the next mobo's to come out were all threaded differently.
    I decided on a Gigabyte mobo with my next purchase and very happy.

(Edit - Imadumbass and just realized wrong board. sorry. I had a P7P55D-E LX)
    Last edited by L-J; 2011-07-20 at 11:47 PM.

but then again can any off these issues with the motherboard affect any other compontents such as CPU, GPU etc.