Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deze View Post
    hehe im sorry but your logic is flawed, it doesnt matter if the job is hard or not for beeing a good president. Most resent presidents where baddies because they've made the office into somthing they could use to press there own agenda.

OT i think the lore is fine, it isnt great, but well its never been great. The story line has been bad for quite some time, and dont see it becomming better anny time soon. Yes we could have some more love for other chars, but well i dont believe this is verry high on blizzards to do list. Im not sure, but i believe there is allot of lore in them comic books that doesnt show annywhere in the game!??
    Annyways, im not that much into lore, but i do like to see some coherence in the expansions and lore.
    BAAAAAINNEEEEEE He needs the love man, he just lost his daddy.

But yes theres a TON of lore int he comics and books that you dont see in the game. personally (i've read just about all the books lol, i like reading) I LOVE the lore. Though to be completely honest getting a tiiinyyy bit tired of everything thats happening being a plot of the old gods. its almost like "Oh no my house was broken into!" old gods. "Oh no my pie was stolen from my window!" old gods. "Oh no we're being attacked by the twilights hammer!" Old gods.

Here I was thinking we'd finally seen the last of this Golden Pedestal bullshit for WoW characters after Knaak stopped writing for a while, now Metzen has Knaak-syndrome and he's rubbing it off on Christie.

Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    You're God we're all your minions, and you're always right. Happy now? I could list off every single achievement that thrall has ever done, and the lack of them for garrosh and it wouldn't matter because it's not enough to change someones mind who's already made up, however blatantly obvious it is that they are wrong when the majority of lore is against them. Talking with people who don't understand the basics of the lore is pointless.
    Yeah I will just quit with this person. Thrall has done too much. Don't waste your time trying to list it all haha.

---------- Post added 2011-07-20 at 07:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BillyStGlitch View Post
    Here I was thinking we'd finally seen the last of this Golden Pedestal bullshit for WoW characters after Knaak stopped writing for a while, now Metzen has Knaak-syndrome and he's rubbing it off on Christie.
    Thrall is more so metzen's character though. Thats why I would think that he was ok with all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    You're God we're all your minions, and you're always right. Happy now? I could list off every single achievement that thrall has ever done, and the lack of them for garrosh and it wouldn't matter because it's not enough to change someones mind who's already made up, however blatantly obvious it is that they are wrong when the majority of lore is against them. Talking with people who don't understand the basics of the lore is pointless.
    All you've done is make mindless, ignorant posts (this one included) about how Thrall has allegedly accomplished so much but none of it is noteworthy. Garrosh has expanded Horde territory. That alone is worth more than any of Thrall's actions. Which prior to Cataclysm, was mostly just him fighting with Garrosh because he didn't feel like doing anything other than sitting on the sideline. "majority of the lore is against them"? Don't make me laugh. There's no "majority" of the lore against me. I can list at least five different characters who have contributed more than Thrall but receive significantly less attention. Then again, I'm sure you would just deny that and continue listing the same pathetic achievements for Thrall. Nothing I can do about a "fanboy".

Quote Originally Posted by Klasis View Post
    Why is it difficult to play a class well? Once you are good at a class it is natural to you. Getting to that point may be difficult though. I don't do much of any arena on my mage. So if I posted anything It would be a lie.
    Did you REALLY just ask me that? Oh dear lord. I can't even think of a proper response to this because all that I want to do is insult you mercilessly for being so blatantly & abhorrently ignorant! How would it be a lie? Because you're not at the top it's a "lie"? No, it just means you don't know what you're talking about. Of course, why bother posting something you know can be used against you when you can just skirt away from the issue(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by Magivante View Post
    All you've done is make mindless, ignorant posts (this one included) about how Thrall has allegedly accomplished so much but none of it is noteworthy. Garrosh has expanded Horde territory. That alone is worth more than any of Thrall's actions.
    I would consider curing his entire race from a blood curse to be far more important than "expanding teritory".

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorlas View Post
    Thrall is the main character in Warcraft, you know the statue outside Blizz head office? yeah it's of Thrall.....
    Actually it's just an orc raider on a wolf.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramonkey View Post
    I would consider curing his entire race from a blood curse to be far more important than "expanding teritory".
    Thrall didn't release the Orcs from the Blood Curse. That was Grom Hellscream.

Thrall didn't release the Orcs from the Blood Curse. That was Grom Hellscream.
    Actually Thrall overcame the curse personally, which allowed him to contain Grom's essence in a Soul Gem. Had he not done this, they would still be under the effects of the curse.

Did you REALLY just ask me that? Oh dear lord. I can't even think of a proper response to this because all that I want to do is insult you mercilessly for being so blatantly & abhorrently ignorant! How would it be a lie? Because you're not at the top it's a "lie"? No, it just means you don't know what you're talking about. Of course, why bother posting something you know can be used against you when you can just skirt away from the issue(s)?
    I felt your last thread about "LAWL alliance sucks Should i switch to horde" Proved how idiotic you were when it came to pvp.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually Thrall overcame the curse personally, which allowed him to contain Grom's essence in a Soul Gem. Had he not done this, they would still be under the effects of the curse.
    Thrall was never under the Bloodlust.

Neither Thrall, Durotan, or Draaka drank the blood
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Thrall never had the curse and it was thanks in part to Cairne's efforts that he was able to reach Grom and purge his soul of the demonic taint. Yes, and then what? Who knows, the Horde may have been better off. Sure seems that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasis View Post
    I felt your last thread about "LAWL alliance sucks Should i switch to horde" Proved how idiotic you were when it came to pvp.
    Your ignorance is absolutely astounding. It's amazing how if I were to berate you right now, I would get in trouble but you would get off scot-free. So I guess I'll just do the next best thing and set you on ignore.

10+ Year Old Account
    personally I am glad to see some character development in this expansion, last expansion was mainly all about Tirion

All you've done is make mindless, ignorant posts (this one included) about how Thrall has allegedly accomplished so much but none of it is noteworthy. Garrosh has expanded Horde territory. That alone is worth more than any of Thrall's actions. Which prior to Cataclysm, was mostly just him fighting with Garrosh because he didn't feel like doing anything other than sitting on the sideline. "majority of the lore is against them"? Don't make me laugh. There's no "majority" of the lore against me. I can list at least five different characters who have contributed more than Thrall but receive significantly less attention. Then again, I'm sure you would just deny that and continue listing the same pathetic achievements for Thrall. Nothing I can do about a "fanboy".
    Thrall did:
    -Brought back the orcish spirit to the Horde, and lead the army that freed them all from the Internment Camps.
    -Was responsible for all of the current Horde races (except Blood Elves) joining the Horde.
    -Used his superior diplomacy skills to secure Alliance/Horde relations for the better part of WoW's history
    -SAVED Grom when he was Enraged by the Blood of Mannoroth, thus allowing Grom to free the Orcs from the Blood Curse
    -Founded a home for the Orcs in Durotar
    -ESTABLISHED the current Horde Territory before Garrosh
    -MADE GARROSH WHAT HE IS TODAY
    -Was one of the first to notice a disturbance with the Elements, and the Head of the Earthern Ring, and almost single-handedly holding the Malestrom together
    -Apparently did a bunch of stuff in the new book.

Garrosh did:
    -Pouted about his feelings in Nagrand
    -Practically took all the credit for the fall of the Lich King, which really belonged to the Argent Crusade. (not saying he didn't do a lot, but he didn't do anything Game-Breaking to the LK)
    -Transformed the Horde to an expansive militaristic state, instead of one focused on Peace.
    -Utterly destroyed the Orc's relations with almost all Horde leaders.
    -Used reckless and foolish tactics in almost all of his campaigns, succeeding almost solely by luck and the people under him covering his ass.

I guess Garrosh is showing a change of character, but he is in NO way even COMPARABLE to Thrall in his accomplishments.

EDIT: I don't even know why I'm feeding this, but I'm just saying, that Thrall founded the Horde. That in itself is big enough to outweigh almost ALL of Garrosh's achievements.
    Last edited by Lizl; 2011-07-20 at 08:00 AM.

WHY DO WE HAVE TO READ STORIES ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR LORE CHARACTERS I WANNA PLAY WITH THEM AS IT HAPPENS!
    Ok, here, this is what's going on with Thrall, we'll even give you some start up gear for Fire Lands.
    WHY IS THIS SO STUPID?! THIS STORY SUCKS! MAKE IT BETTER!
    The point of this story? People will ALWAYS bitch.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

Deleted
    I play Horde and I'm fed up with Thrall. I hope he dies or something, he just got out of hand ... I loved him before, but now, I'm tired of him.

4.2 trailer should show us more of Malfurion and Staghelm, but all we see is Thrall and his shemale.

Deleted
    Thrall is the main character of this expansion for one simple reason, his connection with the elements. We are learning that the Aspects are the keys for the Old Gods' prisons (including Deathwing) and right now, there are only 4 non-corrupted Dragonflights.

The only element that is missing from the Aspects is quite simple, is Deathwing's power, which the shaman deal with.

---------- Post added 2011-07-20 at 09:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    4.2 trailer should show us more of Malfurion and Staghelm, but all we see is Thrall and his shemale.
    Because the target is Thrall. Deathwing wants Thrall dead and gone, the Hour of Twilight can't occur with Thrall around.

Deleted
    About Thrall -> enslave him again! Or make him lead the Horde so Garrosh's crap will end.
    About Malfurion -> his time is coming. War of the Ancients is incoming and you will be sick of seeing his ugly face all around
    I basicly prefer Malfurion and Tyrande but I am an elf-lover-thingy. Soo, yeah bring Illidan back to life, make malf a leading char and tyrande should be naked all around. Kill Thrall, kill the Horde, extinguish them!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Because the target is Thrall. Deathwing wants Thrall dead and gone, the Hour of Twilight can't occur with Thrall around.
    Yet, we will be the ones to kill him and Thrall will be "fighting" (more like taking a nap) in his dream or something the whole fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    Yet, we will be the ones to kill him and Thrall will be "fighting" (more like taking a nap) in his dream or something the whole fight.
    Right now, I even doubt that we WILL kill Deathwing, considering that's what the Old Gods want. And, oh, Thrall will be on the fight, it's a certain since the last novel.