computer noob looking for advice please help

so basically i have about a 4-5 year old laptop thats ive always play WoW on since back in the vanilla days. i stopped playing once wrath came out and just picked back up about 4 months ago. so basically my problem is this, i never remember having to lower the video setting back when i used to play to make the game playable. however, when i returned i have had to set the video qualitys all down to the lowest settings. i dont know what changed ive even done a full clear and reinstall on the laptop to insure that there wasnt just a lack of memory and to clear random shit on my computer. im just wondering if there is something that has changed over time with WoW that makes my computer not keep up anymore or what. and if i do need to upgrade what would be the first and foremost upgrade ie graphics card or whatever it may be.

my dxdiag is... also note i have since updated my graphics card software from laptop2go and it doesnt show in this report... and ofcourse since i guess i havnt posted enough times.... >< >< >< stupid rule imo it wont let me post my dxdiag so if you can please help me and let me know on here i can try to send it to you personally in a personal message.

thanks very much for your time.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a 4-5 year old laptop. The graphics may not have changed much since vanilla, but what worked 4-5 years ago, definitely won't run it the same now.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

i understand that concept, what i would like to know tho is if i just need to get a fully new laptop or if there are just a couple things im able to upgrade within to get back in shape.

The graphics engine got complete overhaul in both WLK and Cata, and raiding requires significantly beefier computer than in TBC. Don't think for a second that the game is same as the one that came out in 2004 with those old system requirements, as that is simply not true.

4-5 years is old enough computer to be dropped into trahsbin directly, there's nothing worth upgrading in 99% of the cases (that 1% is mainly for computers that were absolute top of the line back then).
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickss View Post
    i understand that concept, what i would like to know tho is if i just need to get a fully new laptop or if there are just a couple things im able to upgrade within to get back in shape.
    New. There's very little you could actually upgrade in a laptop, especially with it being that old that would make a substantial change in the game.
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

for sure not the greatest news from a spending standpoint haha but thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickss View Post
    for sure not the greatest news from a spending standpoint haha but thanks for the help!
    Playing games on computer is not cheap, but the hardware costs arent that bad if you count it over 3-4 years. It will be fairly equal to WoW subscription price.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Playing games on computer is not cheap, but the hardware costs arent that bad if you count it over 3-4 years. It will be fairly equal to WoW subscription price.
    Pretty much this^