Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Baleroc 10man normal.

Now, the other night my guild started progressing on Baleroc and on our best try we had him at 50% with around 40% of his enrage left. After doing some math, our guild's average DPS of 16,000 + our tanks dps of 8000, we would only just kill the boss before he enrages. This means that nobody would have to die and we arn't amazingly good, so we'd probably wipe to the enrage quite alo...
    My guild is 3/7 with 2-3 nights of raiding per week and we reached 2/13 heroic in Tier 11. We started raiding at around January.

Is this boss simply a gearcheck or is it just our guild needs to L2P, pick up the pace and deal with it? We'd do alysrazor but we've heard from our realm's top guilds that they had alot of trouble with him.
    We've thought about doing T11 heroics (Which we're capable of) for the extra gear.

I will post world of Logs tonight after the raid, I'm just hoping for some preemptive advice and if anybody else found this boss a bit of a leap from the other 3.

Tactic and setup:
    We would typically roll with;
    3 melee - F dk, A warr, F druid
    3 ranged - 2 Hunters, A mage
    3 healers - R druid, H pally, H priest.
    1 tank - P pally.

We have our warrior + F druid take the 2nd shard and our F dk taking the first with AMS up whilst our Hpally spam heals him to get as much of the healing buff as possible. Our pally then goes on the solo heal the tank whilst our priest+druid heal the sharded people. With a rotation of:
    1 23 12 34 12 34
    Last edited by mmocb91e8842f6; 2011-07-19 at 07:22 AM.

Minor gear check. Not to the extent Beth'tilac is but you still have to have everyone putting up good numbers to take it down in adequate time.

Alysrazor is mechanical. You have all day to do the boss if your players can grasp it's mechanics. Much more forgiving to gear but much harder on awareness and reactive times.

Alysrazor is super easy, and tell your healers to not worry about their mana if you do it. As long as they can last until the tornado phase, it's easy, as they'll regen all their mana by casting on the boss during the burn phase. (A tip for the tornado phase is to make sure everyone has 2 feathers going into it (60% speed buff) and to follow a tornado until the one on their right passes by them, and then follow that one. The fight, once you make it back to P1, is exactly the same.

For baelroc, it's a DPS check, if you have more than a few melee, try a strat where you don't move the boss, and try and have people soak as much of the crystals as you can. (Shadow priests can take a whole crystal by themselves with little to no issue, and DKs can take about 16 stacks with AMS.

Baleroc is a really fun fight, it's a very, very MINOR gear check. If you're going into it with 2 tanks, 3 healers, 7 DPS the DPS all need to be 17k minimum, or else that enrage will get ya.

The crystals can either be done in a 123 412 341 234 123 pattern taking 10 seconds, or a simple 1-2 with 2 groups of 2 taking 14-15, we do it the latter.

Now, you also need to have a small healer rotation, we start with our druid on the crystal first, blood lust/tree form off the bat, and spam regrowth. She ends up with 60-70 stacks right off the bat and just solo heals the tanks the rest of the fight with the priest and paladin rotation on crystals.
    Bleh

Deleted
    By gearcheck, do you mean "You need full 359s to do this boss", or "You need mostly 378s to do this boss"?

Quote Originally Posted by Swinter View Post
    By gearcheck, do you mean "You need full 359s to do this boss", or "You need mostly 378s to do this boss"?
    We went into it with most 359s, some newer people wearing ZA/ZG gear.
    Bleh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muriko View Post
    We went into it with most 359s, some newer people wearing ZA/ZG gear.
    Alright, thanks ^^. gear shouldn't be much of an issue then as we're in at least full 359s with some heroic gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Swinter View Post
    Alright, gear shouldn't be much of an issue then as we're in at least full 359s with some heroic gear.
    Aye it's really just finding both the crystals/healing rotation that works best for your group, we changed the strat up a lot before we got it
    Bleh

Quote Originally Posted by Muriko View Post
    2 tanks, 3 healers, 7 DPS
    um ... wat

Deleted
    average ilvl for us killing Baleroc was 363, so 359s plus either a few t11 heroics or some of the new rep or boe 378 gear, nothing too fancy.

Having shadowpriests and DKs can make this fight more trivial for the healers, we are lucky in our setup as we had 1 SP and 2 DKs,

so we had the SP take the first crystal on his own, and then a DK and a random dps take each following crystal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easiest way my guild did it (3 attempts) For the first crystal, the holy pally and the resto druid used all their haste cooldowns (we also used bloodlust) and healed the DK (who took 15-20 stacks) so they could both get as much of the healing buff as possible. After that, the only thing they had to do was heal the tank. Aslong as the dps dont fuck up their rotation (123 456, rinse repeat) its easy, we had a resto shammy heal the crystal people until he had more stacks than one of the 2 people healing the tank than he swapped out for them and they took a turn healing the crystal people. For clarity our raid set up is 1 Pally tank, DK dps, Boomkin, 2 warlocks, ret pally (2nd tanks OS) hunter, resto druid, resto shammy and a holy pally. If you do it that way the fight is extremely easy, we kill him with almost 2 minutes left on the enrage (359-370 gear level in our group). The only hard part is the first minute or so and making sure the tank gets full healed after every decimation blade , if you have questions (i know it sounds complex) feel free to ask me

I would suggest using a geared Blood DK for this fight. My guild single tanked it. After many tries of only getting 50% with a Druid tank. One try with a Blood tank and we got to 20%. Next try we downed it. Blood tanks are OP on this fight because DS heals for 50% of you health in 2 GCDS making Decimation Blade easy for healers (250K heals from DS by the end) and you can pop Anti-magic shield to absorb most of the fire blade. DKs also receive huge shields with DS making this fight a joke. DKs often top the absorbs meter on this fight.
    Last edited by Bahamutx; 2011-07-19 at 07:17 AM.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...amutx/advanced

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Sometimes those opinions are wrong though." Daxxarri

Deleted
    Heya, we just got this boss down lastnight and we did struggle for good bit trying to really find the right amount of DPS / tanks / healers. What worked really best for us was having 3 healers and 1 tank.

Our strategy was to have pally tank, healers were holy pally, resto druid and holy priest.
    Paladin started healing the tank while me ( resto druid ) and our priest stacked spark buffs from first crystal.
    On 2nd crystal me and priest swapped to tank healing while paladin healed people on crystals to get hes stacks up.
    On 3rd crystal me and paladin were on tank and priest on raid.
    4th crystal i was on raid while paladin and priest were on tank.
    5th crystal priest on raid while me and paladin were on tank etc.

on crystals we used Spriest and mage for 1st, 3rd, 5th etc ( priest taking 19-20 stacks on first and 5th etc with dispersion and 3rd, 7th etc 12 to 13 stacks while mage took the rest)
    on 2nd, 4th, 6th we had warlock and other mage taking 10 stacks on both and melee taking remaining 5.
    Trinket from tol barad, mirror of broken images help quite a bit on people that take stacks aswell.

Now i know you posted that your DPS might be lacking on this and while it might be true that you hit enrage timer you can still kill the boss while it still has ~8% left on his HP when he enrages. Just pop CDs and mayby have somebody being "far" away just before boss enrages to taunt him. basically just try to buy as much time as possible to DPS it down.

our DPS was also poor, on the kill we had ~5 seconds left for boss to enrage, we had few wipes were the boss enraged and we allmost got it down. ( on these attempts boss was at 7 and 8% when he enraged ).

Hope this helps a bit.

Deleted
    We would typically roll with;
    3 melee - F dk, A warr, F druid
    3 ranged - 2 Hunters, A mage
    3 healers - R druid, H pally, H priest.
    1 tank - P pally.

We have our warrior + F druid take the 2nd shard and our F dk taking the first with AMS up whilst our Hpally spam heals him to get as much of the healing buff as possible. Our pally then goes on the solo heal the tank whilst our priest+druid heal the sharded people. With a rotation of: 1 23 12 34 12 34

A problem with druid tanks I dont know if this happens with many people, but his first Decimation Blade transition our druid never had enough life and it 1 shot him with the atleast 250k dmg. He has the same life as our pally tank who we decided to do it with, but apparently if you dodge his hits too much like a Druid you wont get enough of the extra life stacks. Just something to keep in mind.

Deleted
    We got him yesterday for the first time.

Comp:
    Tank - Pala
    DPS - Feraldruid (me), SPriest, SV hunter, rogue, arcane mage, warlock
    Heal - druid, pala, shaman

We tanked him stationary (the tank just turned him around on his position and there he stood the whole fight).
    The first crystal was taken by me (cat) to about 21-22 stacks (survival instincs, barkskin + TB trinket... also the whole crystal is possible, but i died sometimes when we tried that to the last tick) and we popped hero right before the first crystal. Paladin started with tank healing, druid and shaman pushed stacks as high as possible.
    As soon as the first blade starts, the one with the highest stacks helps on tank and then after every vital flame comes off (right before that) the shaman called, who would switch to what (had power auras from another thread here to show all healers with their stacks + vital flame duration).

DPS just rotated on crystals (2 teams à 3 players).

We pulled about 18 - 23k DPS each and had nearly 1 minute to spare at the end. Prepotting and use of dmg CDs is an absolute must here, since every DD can concentrate on his rota for most of the time. Only once per minute they have to look after the crystal if it's their turn to take one.

Quote Originally Posted by pnutbutter View Post
    um ... wat
    Was 1 am, was tired, silly typo.
    Bleh

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if it's due to prismatic cloak or not, but next to our shadowpriest, assuming he uses dispersion, I take the least amount of damage on the shard. I have been able to push it to 14 stacks myself allowing us to go 1-2 3-4-5 1-2 3-4-5 1-2. Any reason why melee/hunters seem to take way more damage on it? I couldn't imagine 6% damage reduc to be THAT much of a dif.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

15+ Year Old Account
    Only skimmed the other comments but here's some suggestions:

Melee DPS are good for crystal swapping since it doesn't hurt their DPS one tiny bit to do it. We use 2 teams of 2 DPS (we end up needing to use 1 ranged). Each DPS takes 12-14 stacks, this SHOULD be healable. If you are having problems, your DPS can get Mirror of Broken Images (the magic resist tol barad trinket).. this thing is like crazy good for some fights, on this one it gives you like half damage taken on that torment almost every minute and a half.
    We 1 tank/3 heal it (prot pally tank, and paladin/druid/3rd healer is either priest, another druid, or shaman.. all have worked for us), our raid actually found this strategy easier once the healers have their stacks (this means we used BL/Heroism at the start of the fight to help with healing while there weren't any stacks yet). It also allows for one more DPS, which always helps, although unless someone dies and stays dead we don't even usually approach near the enrage timer from what I recall.

Has anybody ran into problems with healers complaining about mana on this fight? My raid's resto shammy was almost out of mana and the boss was at 60% health (he was the first one healing the crystal peeps) and I've also got a priest who didn't want to go holy due to mana issues. We were one tanking it with 3 groups of two rotating the crystals so were the healers just not getting their stacks up correctly in order to get their standard heals powerful enough to handle the incoming damage?