Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    You need something to motivate you like if you get up you can go get that piece of pizza in the fridge

Deleted
    the only thing that motivated me to get up and go to the gym was my friends. most of them quit but i still go to the gym with one of my friends and if i quit he would quit so we basically push each other through the exhaustion :P.

try working out with a friend or going for walks? maybe get a dog or take a neighbors dog for a walk.

ultimately its down to you and friends to motivate you to keep at it.

good luck in your endeavors

Deleted
    im addicted to gaming and trying to do stuff aswell, but my other me is in the way...

i try to build it easily up: do 50 sit ups when you get awake and 20 push-ups, lower your food, start running every morning or cycle now and then

i lost 5 kilo in 1 month woot

my motivation is myself since i haven't swim for 2 years just because my stretch marks ><

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klorx View Post
    im addicted to gaming and trying to do stuff aswell, but my other me is in the way...

i try to build it easily up: do 50 sit ups when you get awake and 20 push-ups, lower your food, start running every morning or cycle now and then

i lost 5 kilo in 1 month woot

my motivation is myself since i haven't swim for 2 years just because my stretch marks ><
    same man i used to love swimming but when i got a bit buff my skin didnt like it :P ah well the fade after a year or so and dont look too bad but its still a bitch

Well, motivation is something that is aroused by each person differently.

I personally tend to become lazy to when Ive reached another one of my step-by-step goals when working out. When this happens I tend to start roaming fitness sites on the internet. Seeing all those exercises, reading articles and such things always gets me motivated.

You will just have to see what works for you to get you motivated.

Fun way to motivate let me see .....

Stick a picture Of Triple H

http://shawnmichaels974.s.h.pic.cent...t/49df0c0d.jpg

in your room and say you want to be like him

Quote Originally Posted by Fun View Post
    I can't seem to get off my ass and go to the gym and what not. My parents tell me to stop spending so much time on my computer but i dont know what else to do!. Please give me some fun suggestions, and no im not out of shape or fat!
    If you can't motivate yourself, we won't be able to motivate you either.

Just go to the gym, after doing it long enough it will just become natural and you won't need to motivate yourself to do it.

start listening to five finger death punch

Money is a very good motivator.

Go mow lawns

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Fun way to motivate let me see .....

Stick a picture Of Triple H

http://shawnmichaels974.s.h.pic.cent...t/49df0c0d.jpg

in your room and say you want to be like him
    I honestly would not want moobs like Triple H, lol.

Being skinny =/= in shape. If all you do is sit at your computer, you aren't in shape.

---------- Post added 2011-08-05 at 02:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zalënë View Post
    Want motivation? Here's a tip for you:
    Don't be lazy, it can kill a human.

(Meant as a joke)

Honestly, just start with something simple.
    Take for instance a walk once a week to begin with. Then escalate over time.
    You'll only lose your money if you sign up for a Gym, by then to do minimal to nothing in effort.

Just buy a pair of sneakers & take a walking day or two once a week. (At least an 1hour tour each time you're walking)

That's what I have to recommend for you.
    That's some pretty retarded advice. We walk to get places, not to get in shape. A gym membership is more than worth it.

Deleted
    Personnally : I'm not fat but I am overweight, and I'm massive for my "obesity" I guess you could say. I have a huge frame and I'm built like a truck.

I've never worked out in my life. Sure I've done karaté (which I would recommend to you OP) but it's not really the same thing.

Motivate yourself by giving yourself a goal. Or better yet, join a sport and make friends : people are dicks, move along to another sport.

Motivation comes from within, but don't let ANYONE judge you based on your weight. (Seriously the people who do that are superficial pricks.)
    Be comfortable the way you are I guess.

i need motivation too lol

Get an exercise bike and get exercise while sitting infront of the computer!

10+ Year Old Account
    Advice1: If you force yourself for a few weeks it will become a routine and you wont think of it so much.
    Advice2: Check different things and find something that you enjoy, I would recommend swimming.
    Advice3: Workout with your friends with something(going to the gym at the same, join a sport club together or w/e).
    Advice4: Apply the disciplining principle of punishment & reward system to yourself. Example: You start at 0, you gain 1 for working out and loose 1 for skipping. Change numbers to your liking.

Some advices I could think out of the fly.

Just find an activity that you like to do. Something that you put passion into, because then you feel accomplished.

For an example, when I skateboard and land a trick I feel good about myself because I took one more step at being better than someone else.

Im not sure what else to say, just nike that shit and just do it.

can I make disrepsectful comments at you to make you not lazy ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Going to burn the topic.

I respect the need to get motivated, and there are some good suggestions here. I don't think this really qualifies as an appropriate topic for the forum though. You really have to motivate yourself to become fit.