15+ Year Old Account

Good item level t11 raids?

I haven't raided yet in Cata, but I constantly see pugs asking for dps, but I don't think I'm geared enough. I'm afraid people will just kick me because my gear sucks and/or because I don't know the fights.

My item level is 352, is that good enough for stuff like BOT and BD?

You need around 346 for BoT, BWD and Tot4W. With the recent nerfs even 333.
    But.
    People from trade are idiots and will ask for over 9000 ilvl. Solution, make your own pugs, your gear is good enough.

Short answer, yes (if you know how to play your class, but that should go without saying at any ilvl). What always gets me about this argument is that every raiding guild started raiding t11 content with an ilvl of 346 (maybe slightly higher due to rep epics/crafted epics). And these same raiders were successful before the 20% nerf. 352 should be enough to be successful in t11 content.

if you haven't raided at all, you want to have as much gear as possible to cover for your lack of experience. this means you should have all 346 + 359 if the following slots:
    legs, feet, gloves, chest, ring, trinket, relic (if you have one)

but 346 is good enough, seriously

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    You need around 346 for BoT, BWD and Tot4W. With the recent nerfs even 333.
    But.
    People from trade are idiots and will ask for over 9000 ilvl. Solution, make your own pugs, your gear is good enough.
    Making my own pugs would be a good idea if I knew the fights. I don't.

Sure, I can read up on the fights, but really leading a pug without actually even doing the fight is kinda silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    that should be plenty. just read up on the fights and don't expect the others to tell you every little mechanic that may kill you. I healed a guild BoT/BWD/Throne run the other night at ~348 and we only had one wipe each on Cho and Nef.

EDIT: watch BlueXephos's raid movies on youtube. they have most of the t11 raids done and are great at explaining (most videos are 10m). and they're entertaining to listen to to boot.

10+ Year Old Account
    We did t11 after release in 333-346 gear.. With the recent nerfs, 353 gear is waaaaaaay sufficient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pivotpony View Post
    We did t11 after release in 333-346 gear.. With the recent nerfs, 353 gear is waaaaaaay sufficient.
    This, for sure. You should be sufficiently geared for all normal T11 content and probably some heroic. I believe most of our raiding alts are around your ilvl and the alt raid is thus far 4/7 in Firelands with a poor comp and one night a week schedule. If you haven't, make sure you have everything gemmed and get at least borderline enchants on most of your gear, at the least your weapon and highest ilvl pieces.

Good luck and have fun!

Deleted
    yes you are right.