Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Two New Enchanting Ideas

Hello everyone, I've got 2 new ideas that should be implemented together:

Allow the enchanter to toggle on / off the auto-DE feature in groups at anytime. Pugs would never know if they did it beforehand, and if the enchanter wants to be greedy and not help people DE gear, that's their prerogative.

As an enchanter, give the ability to disenchant grey items to create 1-4 "dusty remnants." Combine 20 of these remnants to create a "disenchanting dust." This would be a non soulbound item and allows anyone to DE up to that ilvl (different DE dust for lich king level items compared to cata items). This would allow all characters to DE their old BoP gear, give enchanters something new to sell on the AH, and allow people in ZG / ZA to DE their own items without an enchanter (or an unwilling enchanter from the above idea).

Let me know what you think!

Idea number two shows merit, one is just for the selfish.

I pose again a option no enchanter will accept. Separate disenchanting profession. Takes all the heat out of this debate and puts it on par with other professions / possible pairings.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightsrogue View Post
    Idea number two shows merit, one is just for the selfish.

I pose again a option no enchanter will accept. Separate disenchanting profession. Takes all the heat out of this debate and puts it on par with other professions / possible pairings.
    Since wow has been going for many years with these built in together, it would anger a ton of enchanters if this option went through. If they would have done this originally though, you're right.

Meh I'm not really feelin' either ideas. I agree with Lightsrogue that idea #1 is rather selfish >.>
    <3
    Class: Alli Priest
    Spec: Holy/ Shadow
    Horde Alts @ 85: Mage, Lock, DK, Paladin

That first idea is just stupid. First of all in 80% of the cases there is no player from your server(number totally made up but maybe still too low) so you're DEing stuff for people from an another server. Second of all you wouldn't get the item anyway if you didn't win the DEroll, except you'd ninja every single item. So stop being selfish, got an enchanter aswell and i highly appreciated that change when it was introduced, in the old times every single idiot wanted you to DE the greeded item, so that change reduces the effort from 3clicks to one + lower costs of mats for alts.

IMO have the game store all the DE mats for the run in a sort of pool and divide them out to the group members after the run. This will also serve a second purpose to stop all the ninja leaving people enjoy doing right now. For how the gear should be divided I would say 24/19/19/19/19 if there is more then one enchanter make it
    22/22/19/19/19 even though the percents don't match up perfectly there is nothing else that can be done. As there is more enchanters it will balance the numbers to benefit the enchanters in the group, in the rare case that everyone is an enchanter it would revert to 20/20/20/20/20. The goal is to at least give the enchanters a slight advantage on mats just because its actually the profession enabling the option to exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it that you guys call us enchanters selfish, when we spent countless days/months leveling the most expensive profession just for scrubs to be able to snatch our mats. Why is it that skinners can skin something and not have everyone roll on it? It's ridiculous, all blizzard did when they implemented that, was stripping the game of its diversity. Other than the ring enchants, there's absolutely no reason to choose enchanting as a profession. Screw off, idea 1 sounds amazing and blizzard should really implement it.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Number Two works. I like it personally.

Why would the first one be stupid when it was implemented only very late in the game.
    We can not go and farm materials from nodes lying on the ground like every gathering profession.
    We do not have a comparable solo source of the materials that herbalism, mining and skinning all have.
    Our primary source is not only reliant on group content, but then split up and shared with the group without any choice in the matter.
    Nobody else is forced to do that, not herbalists, miners or skinners.

When the other professions are reliant on a group for a substantial part of their materials, and then forced to share that with the group can you then tell us that the current system is fair.
    Currently all it does is hugely devalue our profession making materials largely unsellable due to lack of demand.
    Would you gatherers have a market if everyone had their own materials ? No.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Why would the first one be stupid when it was implemented only very late in the game.
    We can not go and farm materials from nodes lying on the ground like every gathering profession.
    We do not have a comparable solo source of the materials that herbalism, mining and skinning all have.
    Our primary source is not only reliant on group content, but then split up and shared with the group without any choice in the matter.

When the other professions are reliant on a group for a substantial part of their materials, and then forced to share that with the group can you then tell us that the current system is fair.
    Currently all it does is hugely devalue our profession making materials largely unsellable due to lack of demand.
    ^this

But convincing people that it's actually true is like learning a pig to fly. It would be cool, but it just doesn't happen.

OP: Like the ideas, but option number two would just sell on the AH for some time, and then everyone would have it and we would be back to square one.

Second idea wouldnt make any sense. You cant disenchant grey items since they are not enchanted with any magic.
    Idea no one is just selfish.

Deleted
    Let's put it this way:

Imagine if Skinners in instances had to share all their skins with the rest of the group. I bet the fiery rage of 1 million nerds would be felt on Pluto.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Why is it that you guys call us enchanters selfish, when we spent countless days/months leveling the most expensive profession just for scrubs to be able to snatch our mats. Why is it that skinners can skin something and not have everyone roll on it? It's ridiculous, all blizzard did when they implemented that, was stripping the game of its diversity. Other than the ring enchants, there's absolutely no reason to choose enchanting as a profession. Screw off, idea 1 sounds amazing and blizzard should really implement it.
    F*CK YEA!"
    Hail this mothertrucker!

this too!!!!!
    Last edited by Martinussen; 2011-07-24 at 08:43 AM.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post

Well said.

Why is it that you guys call us enchanters selfish, when we spent countless days/months leveling the most expensive profession
    First of all, this is highly dependent on your server, and how lazy you are with farming. NEXT!

just for scrubs to be able to snatch our mats
    So players are scrubs because they're rolling on mats that weren't yours to begin with? Sounds like greed to me! Great post so far

Why is it that skinners can skin something and not have everyone roll on it?
    Skins aren't valued as highly as maelstrom crystals and other Enchanting mats as a general rule.

It's ridiculous, all blizzard did when they implemented that, was stripping the game of its diversity. Other than the ring enchants, there's absolutely no reason to choose enchanting as a profession. Screw off, idea 1 sounds amazing and blizzard should really implement it.
    I'm sorry, but just WHAT? Is this a troll post or something? This game is no longer diverse to you over an enchanting feature? Yes, there are multitudes of reasons to become an enchanter. You can clean your bank out of BoP items, buy off the AH low and Sell mats high, and enchant your own gear for free so long as you have the mats.

Sorry dude, but I think you're the one that needs to screw off

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Enchanting took 3 days to level on my char. Yes, if you did it all on that single character, you might end up with your timeframe. No offense, but that's just stupidity on the enchanter's end... Other than that, yes, a fair share I've met through LFD are selfish, needing everything people greed on because 'they need to level their profession'...

The one thing I WOULD definately vote in favor of is disenchanting soulbound items through the 'will not be traded' window. This way you can help friends and they in return might help you level your profession.

The number 2 thing sounds interresting as well

10+ Year Old Account
    People feeling entitled and forgeting that its not your mats being affected, the other group member won the roll and already owns the item. You just want the gold from the AH. People will just get someone they know with Enchanting to DE all their greens if you took the feature away, you still wont ever get those mats.

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    The one thing I WOULD definately vote in favor of is disenchanting soulbound items through the 'will not be traded' window. This way you can help friends and they in return might help you level your profession.l
    I'd agree with this, maybe also recieving a skill up for so many X amount of items you DE through the group-loot feature within X amount of your skill level, or something similiar.
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2011-07-24 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    People feeling entitled and forgeting that its not your mats being affected, the other group member won the roll and already owns the item. You just want the gold from the AH. People will just get someone they know with Enchanting to DE all their greens if you took the feature away, you still wont ever get those mats.
    You are right sir.
    When theres a skinable corpse and no skinner in group, no1 gets nothing but when theres no enchanter, people still get epics.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    sorry, but can someone please explain to me how the first idea is selfish? they have levelled their enchanting to the required lvl, why should others be able to benefit from that. why isn't skinning matts rolled on as well?

You have your explanation before. Seriously i dont get it. In Wrath we had enchanters needing on epics and then we user to roll for crystals when the last boss was dead.
    When people became so greedy?